Matty James (2 Viewers)

Opinion on James

• Class. Should be signed if possible in the summer

Votes: 217 90.8%
  • Average. He flatters to decieve and we shouldn’t necessarily sign him in the summer

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Poor, stay away in the Summer

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

DannyThomas_1981

Have you met any of these people? Fisher is a football nut but hardly popular is he?

You've just said that Fisher knows a lot about football - and according to you he's the man who single handedly appointed Robins.

Now since you're always calling for taxis for Robins (4 moronic seasons in a row) - does that mean you know nothing about football?

Given your moronic contributions on here - the answer has been highly obvious for some time.

Grendel

Nearly all threads degenerate into hate SISU threads. Look let's just say your right but can we move on and try and talk about football for a while?

Hardly any threads do

Grendel

You've just said that Fisher knows a lot about football - and according to you he's the man who single handedly appointed Robins.

Now since you're always calling for taxis for Robins (4 moronic seasons in a row) - does that mean you know nothing about football?

Given your moronic contributions on here - the answer has been highly obvious for some time.

Have you met any of these people? Second time of asking

DannyThomas_1981

A moron thinks she signs off managerial appointments - that’s honestly funny - keep digging

Simple question you have now failed to answer 4 times - why did Joy meet with Robins?

And as she ultimately has responsibility to her investors for the performance of their investment in CCFC - do you seriously think she has no say in such a key appointment i.e. the manager? Clueless, totally clueless.

DannyThomas_1981

Have you met any of these people? Second time of asking
No - and what a stupid question.
But I know how these things work in terms of investors and accountability for returns.
4th time of asking - since Joy has no interest in who the manager is - why did she bother meeting our manager for lunch? Surprised she even know who he was as he was appointed behind her back - according to some totally moronic reasoning.

letsallsingtogether

Anyway I would like to see Matty come here if not I'm sure Robin's has someone in mind.
Looking forward to seeing any new signings hopefully pushing us upwards.
Not expecting to see us shoot up the league but a couple of places higher would be nice top 10 would be exceptional.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Bristol City have opened talks with James. Pearson signed him for Leicester.

James knows full well that a footballer's career is a short one, so it's of no surprise he's testing the waters at a number of clubs to find the best deal.

Pity if we lose out, but for as long as our financial model remains in place it's always going to be difficult to sign players of James' experience and pedigree when we're simply not in a position to compete with clubs such as Bristol who will be far more willing to offer the wages that such players usually command.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

I mean fair enough Bristol City can offer more money than us but how can Pearson be a factor? He'll be sacked by Christmas for nutting one of his own players

His family is closer to Cov than Bristol so you never know. But it’s not the end of the world. Plenty of players available this summer.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Imagine if we didnt get Walsh or James

I'm sure Robins made a passing comment either during the summer window of the League Two season or in our first season back in League One about the fact that it's often difficult for clubs to bring in their primary targets because of the sheer competitiveness of the window.

That issue is inevitably going to be exacerbated for us in the Championship due to the fact that our budget still remains one of the smallest in the league. So, as frustrating as it is to lose out on players, it's hardly unexpected or should come as a surprise to fans.

If we miss out on both James and Walsh Robins/Badlan will have other targets in mind.

Frostie

His family is closer to Cov than Bristol so you never know. But it’s not the end of the world. Plenty of players available this summer.

100%
Nothing new here really - good player attracts interest from other clubs - it'd be a surprise if he didn't. If not for his injuries, he'd be a Premier League player.

We discussed the possibility of him joining us permanently when taking him on loan, he's settled in the area & enjoyed his time here so he knows the lay of the land.
Other clubs will offer more money & maybe a shot at the playoffs & he'd be foolish not to explore all his options.

I'm relaxed either way - would love to get him but, if not, we move on to other targets.

SlowerThanPlatt

There’s going to be a lot of disappointment if we set our stall out for established Championship players due to what wages we’re capable of offering & seen as small time at this level until we establish ourselves

South West Sky Blue

Imagine if we didnt get Walsh or James

There were talks about Matty James to Bristol about a week ago. It was more idle speculation due to his contract status and previous relationship with Pearson.
Bristol City have a sugar daddy in Steve Lansdown. They've cleared out a load of players, have a new manager that they'll have to pander to and a frustrated fanbase. Think they'll try harder than most to get new players in.

Also worth considering that Bristol tried to keep Walsh but couldn't agree terms, although it may not have been a very hard effort. Walsh apparently thought he could get more money elsewhere. I appreciate it won't all be about money though. With Swansea known to be keen and others likely as well, we may simply be unable to offer the wages to the likes of James & Walsh - even though they're free (Walsh would be a nominal fee).

As you can see, when it comes to CCFC - I try to not let my hopes get too high. It's just easier that way!

SkyBlue_Adam

Heard a whisper over the weekend about James, apparently we have offered him a 2 year deal and Bristol have offered 3 years..

Users who are viewing this thread