Matty James (4 Viewers)

Opinion on James

• Class. Should be signed if possible in the summer

Votes: 217 90.8%
  • Average. He flatters to decieve and we shouldn’t necessarily sign him in the summer

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Poor, stay away in the Summer

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

fatso

I get that but Eccles is still a Yong player and could be loaned out. I also feel Hamer could play in a more free role, might suit him
Hamer wont be here, he will move on.
We have Jody Jones, but we are asking a lot of him given his injury record.
Allen, Shipley, Hilsner, Jobello and Kasteneer are dead wood and need moving on (if anyone will take them) so we desperately need to recruit some attacking midfield talent. If we get 4 mill or similar for Hamer we can invest that, and maybe look at the loan market again.
But MR faces some big challenges during pre-season.

Alkhen

Allen, Shipley, Hilsner, Jobello and Kasteneer are dead wood and need moving on (if anyone will take them) so we desperately need to recruit some attacking midfield talent. If we get 4 mill or similar for Hamer we can invest that, and maybe look at the loan market again.

Im not convinced we will sell Hamer this window. I feel like they will wait till January to cash in. Based on not a lot more than the fact he has so long left on his contract and the market not being that strong

mark82

Don't think you'd struggle to find takers for Allen, Shipley & Jobello. All decent players, just maybe not at Championship level (although I'd still keep Shipley personally). Hillßner would probably be a loan, but he's played plenty of games in the German 3rd tier so I'm sure there would be takers there. Kastaneer is the difficult one - it's not a talent issue as much as an attitude issue. He just doesn't seem to want it. Imagine he'll eventually end up back in the Dutch second tier, such a waste of talent. Wouldn't be surprised if we paid him off to end the contract early.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They haven’t got a manager yet

How? They’ve got no manager

Continental structure is becoming more commonplace here, where the 'manager' is more like a coach and the transfers are decided at boardroom level/Director of Football and the guy in charge of actually putting the team on the field just gets told they're signing such-and-such whether he likes it or not. Think the RM/Barca Presidential contests where they say they'll sign particular players.

Not a set-up I approve of and I'd have the actual manager having the veto on any transfers, thus giving him the control of the squad and thus accountability.

blunted

I thought someone said Ohare was on 10k a week. I thought we could tempt James with that amount but the wages per player link that was posted on here was scary how low our budget for each player was compared with other Championship clubs. I really hope we get James, but he has to be a gamble with his injury record. I think that is why Barnsley never took up the option even though he may have got them to the Prem. I dont buy their He doesn't fit our profile press release.

Alkhen

Ohare would be the one player id be thinking about taking from ccfc at this level. Much more fearful of losing him than hamer if I’m honest

Yeah he is the one with the premier league engine. Think he has his head screwed on though. Better to be star here and get guaranteed game time to work on his finishing.

Do think he will earn us a mint in the next year or so

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah he is the one with the premier league engine. Think he has his head screwed on though. Better to be star here and get guaranteed game time to work on his finishing.

Do think he will earn us a mint in the next year or so
And he’ll make a very good living out of the game

Sick Boy

You’d like to think that there was a kind of gentleman’s agreement between Robins and James during the loan negotiations with him signing if he stayed injury-free and all went well.

Sky Blue Pete

You’d like to think that there was a kind of gentleman’s agreement between Robins and James during the loan negotiations.
So hard when we don’t have the money other clubs do. If someone offers £15 and we can only offer £8k say it’s hard to turn down the extra £350k isn’t it?

Grendel

Well it’s more our budget but maybe that’s one and the same

It’s the owners inability or lack of desire to try and fund some form of competitive budget as their only desire is fund recovery and investor payback

Hobo

It’s the owners inability or lack of desire to try and fund some form of competitive budget as their only desire is fund recovery and investor payback

Are you suggesting Mark Robins has been competing on an uncompetitive budget? A Cup win and two promotions and kept us up first year back in the Championship - sounds good progress to me under the circumstances.

slowpoke

Are you suggesting Mark Robins has been competing on an uncompetitive budget? A Cup win and two promotions and kept us up first year back in the Championship - sounds good progress to me under the circumstances.
But could and should be a whole lot better but when our owner makes a decision that cost the club a quarter of a million or thereabouts a home match it makes it a tough gig.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep and got flack from Grendel and others.seems he wants it every which way

Robins must be a genius to get us anywhere with these owners. Actually that’s what I think. I really don’t want us to overspend and end up in a worse and worse position

slowpoke

Well if ccfc weren’t throwing around 4 million quid down the drain perhaps we might not be the second worst budget on the division

Grendel

No in the lower leagues but the owners have zero interest in taking the club to another level and as you all know Mr Robins whatever anyone thinks of him worships at the Sisu temple

slowpoke

Boring ? Well that’s a novel way of describing spunking 4 million out of the club coffers. What’s next ? Wish I knew not the premier league with the present ownership.

Sky Blue Pete

Boring ? Well that’s a novel way of describing spunking 4 million out of the club coffers. What’s next ? Wish I knew not the premier league with the present ownership.
Think I agree so you gonna put up the money? Or you gonna understand a little what’s gone on and what we are likely to manage going forward.

Sky Blue Pete

No in the lower leagues but the owners have zero interest in taking the club to another level and as you all know Mr Robins whatever anyone thinks of him worships at the Sisu temple
No he understands the parameters Grendel. Thought you’d be a covey man. Change what you can accept what you can’t

Users who are viewing this thread