Matty Godden (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Genuinely find it hard to believe he got it more that Wright at the peak, or Sheaf at his getting shit peak, or even Bidwell! There must be a league table for shit received on social media somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do you actually find it hard tom or are you itching for a bite ?

He blocked shit loads of supporters who were directly messging him

TomRad85

Well do you think I'm lying ? And the comments about me backing godden .. what you after an argument ?
I'm not after an argument, I agree with you on most things actually but I know you're extra tetchy on Godden, like NW and his Allen love in or Earlsdon and being positive about Sheaf. Lying on what though, don't understand? With my eyes I've seen way more shit online directed at the above than at Godden.

Evo1883

I'm not after an argument, I agree with you on most things actually but I know you're extra tetchy on Godden, like NW and his Allen love in or Earlsdon and being positive about Sheaf. Lying on what though, don't understand? With my eyes I've seen way more shit online directed at the above than at Godden.

Here's why I get a bit pissed off about the godden slander
Screenshot_20240106_184556_Chrome.jpg

Without these goals we don't win league 1 and might well not be where we are now , these goals were against 3/4 of the best teams and promotion rivals in the league at the time

He won us promotion .

His goals gave us the platform to sit as we are now , our fans should absolutely respect him more than they do

TomRad85

Here's why I get a bit pissed off about the godden slander
View attachment 33171

Without these goals we don't win league 1 and might well not be where we are now , these goals were against 3/4 of the best teams and promotion rivals in the league at the time

He won us promotion .

His goals gave us the platform to sit as we are now , our fans should absolutely respect him more than they do
I don't disagree, I'm not sure we're arguing? He was a very important Robins signing on our journey back to where we are now and it's disgusting people would go to his personal social media to abuse him.

If you were to say I couldn't give the opinion on here that we should now be looking at better than Godden, I'd disagree, as that's basically what the forum is for. If any player regularly looks on here they need their heads testing.

fatso

Time will tell won’t it.

Godden is 32 and has scored 32 goals and 8 assists at Championshio level.

I don’t have any doubts that Simms will have scored and made more at this level by the time he is 32.

Godden has been good for Coventry and we have been good for him but his goal record at championship level is just OK and his assist record is woeful. I gave no idea why people feel the need to pretend it’s better than it is.
So Godden's goal scoring record for us is 1 in 3, that's not bad at championship level.

He came to us in league 1, and his record was better than 1 in 2!

A bargain in fact for what he cost!

He deserves far more respect than some people give him.

Evo1883

I don't disagree, I'm not sure we're arguing? He was a very important Robins signing on our journey back to where we are now and it's disgusting people would go to his personal social media to abuse him.

If you were to say I couldn't give the opinion on here that we should now be looking at better than Godden, I'd disagree, as that's basically what the forum is for. If any player regularly looks on here they need their heads testing.

We should always look to upgrade , langstaff if true feels like a direct godden replacement , younger sharper and high work rate .. I just wish our fans wouldn't b such bellends on social media towards players that have done so much for us .. that's it really

Godden can still do a job here and I trust Robins to get it right with him

clint van damme

We should always look to upgrade , langstaff if true feels like a direct godden replacement , younger sharper and high work rate .. I just wish our fans wouldn't b such bellends on social media towards players that have done so much for us .. that's it really

Yeah, even I'd it's over for Godden, been a good servant and deserves some respect.

Dickie

I agree. Godden’s been a good servant for the club, he’s been a major part of our success over the last few years. People shouldn’t forget that. Although social media is a cesspit full of trolls after bites so…

SBbucks

You say. "Simms forces keeper into some good saves"

I say "Godden gave keeper no chance"

That sums the situation up for me.

Godden has been totally anonymous in the games he has started recently. He’s far better in this role coming on after 65-70 minutes, he hasn’t got the legs anymore to worry the opposition as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

City fans are in for a shock if they think langstaff will come here and be anything more than a younger sharper godden ..

That's what he is a fox in the box that works hard .. like godden
Isn’t that the precise reason we might want to sign him? Godden has been an excellent player for the club. But at Championship level his overall contribution has diminished. He’s lost some pace. It’s basically just the ageing process. We can’t keep people because of what they’ve done. It has to be based on what they are or will do.

fatso

Godden has been totally anonymous in the games he has started recently. He’s far better in this role coming on after 65-70 minutes, he hasn’t got the legs anymore to worry the opposition as a starter.

I don't disagree with that, but if that's how we are going to use him from now on, we need to bring in a new striker to start games, as Simms isn't the answer imo.

SBT

They just acknowledged he'd been getting plenty of stick on twitter basically over the last few months
Is he getting more online stick than any other player in a similarly poor run of form? On match days I think he’s one of the more popular players in terms of fans singing his name etc.

NorthernWisdom

I'm not sure legs is the issue tbf - he's never been blessed with pace, and does press. He has tended to look anonymous in games in this division though, and before Evo gets on my back ;) I've often thought in the right system with the right strike partner, then he'd look a lot better. Problem he's had is Gyokeres was good enough to do the job of two strikers, so Godden was either not playing or a sideshow to the main event. Then this season we either haven't played a system to suit (the current one), or he and Simms / Wright just haven't gelled.

If the rumours of QPR are anything more than SBT talk though, you can be sure he'd get the goals to lift them up the table. Someone like Dykes would surely be an excellent foil for him.

Evo1883

Is he getting more online stick than any other player in a similarly poor run of form? On match days I think he’s one of the more popular players in terms of fans singing his name etc.
I think goddens has been going on a while, he stopped posting on twitter in July , and blocked a good few supporters this season for direct abuse

Evo1883

Isn’t that the precise reason we might want to sign him? Godden has been an excellent player for the club. But at Championship level his overall contribution has diminished. He’s lost some pace. It’s basically just the ageing process. We can’t keep people because of what they’ve done. It has to be based on what they are or will do.
And I'm happy for the manager to decide this himself , at present godden still plays a big role for us

SBT

I think goddens has been going on a while, he stopped posting on twitter in July , and blocked a good few supporters this season for direct abuse
Don’t think that’s indicative of much more than a few Twitter cranks tbh. He still posts regularly on Instagram etc, has never alluded to any beef with fans. He strikes me as (quite rightly) being one of the more popular members of the squad all in all.

Evo1883

Don’t think that’s indicative of much more than a few Twitter cranks tbh. He still posts regularly on Instagram etc, has never alluded to any beef with fans. He strikes me as (quite rightly) being one of the more popular members of the squad all in all.

Well like I said , it's enough for CWR to finally bring it up and for matty godden block a good few fans and to stop using twitter completely ( the platform in question )

Grendel

SBT

Well like I said , it's enough for CWR to finally bring it up and for matty godden block a good few fans and to stop using twitter completely ( the platform in question )
I’ve also stopped using it recently, the place is a madhouse.

Let’s be honest, he doesn’t really need defending, his reputation with the fans is typically good, and his moping today is almost certainly to do with playing time rather than online trolls.

Evo1883

I’ve also stopped using it recently, the place is a madhouse.

Let’s be honest, he doesn’t really need defending, his reputation with the fans is typically good, and his moping today is almost certainly to do with playing time rather than online trolls.

Hopefully

TomRad85

Simms is a different matter, he offers more to the overall game but for me he's the summer signing still with for most to prove.
It's not a competition between him and Godden as that's one Godden won't win. Simms was a multi million pound investment with age on his side and management will be desperate to make the signing work. Frankly though I would like another striker whether that be Langstaff or someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread