Matty Godden (2 Viewers)

Grendel

New boo boy identified

He’s not a boo boy but you have to be objective and say he’s underwhelming -
I’ve hardly criticised him on here but you can’t just suddenly say he’s great when he isn’t

Tommo1993

Feel there may be a sad day coming for us very soon @Evo1883

We backed him to the hilt, you probably even more so. A massive victim of ongoing success.

Grendel

Yes cos a 3rd of them are in league 1, and he doesn't take penalties.

But Simms is no where near the finished article. Godden wasn't playing championship football at 22.

Your embarrassing comments on Haji Wright make your opinions null and void

Evo1883

Feel there may be a sad day coming for us very soon @Evo1883

We backed him to the hilt, you probably even more so. A massive victim of ongoing success.
The Office Crying GIF

TomRad85

We should always look to upgrade , langstaff if true feels like a direct godden replacement , younger sharper and high work rate .. I just wish our fans wouldn't b such bellends on social media towards players that have done so much for us .. that's it really

Godden can still do a job here and I trust Robins to get it right with him
I don't disagree with you on this btw so can confirm we're not arguing.

We agree on a lot so it's cool if we disagree on here whether Godden is much use at Championship level still or not. No hate bro.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

He’s not a boo boy but you have to be objective and say he’s underwhelming -
I’ve hardly criticised him on here but you can’t just suddenly say he’s great when he isn’t
His return is diabolical .. but we have to afford him time , at some point though fans won't just accept him occupying defenders

Grendel

Yes cos a 3rd of them are in league 1, and he doesn't take penalties.

But Simms is no where near the finished article. Godden wasn't playing championship football at 22.

Godden played in the championship at 19 you idiot

Grendel

Let's be honest godden owes us nothing , we paid the fee , he got us promoted he's scored his goals .. simms needs to start scoring goals .. I'm still hopeful it will come

I get the point that without his goals in league 1 we wouldn’t have been promoted

Evo1883

His performances have deserved alot more. Godden could not have operated like Simms did at Leeds - fact.
I thought simms had a decent game at Leeds, but they are different players .. simms couldn't have scored those 2 goals today imo ..

Simms tried to volley past the keeper today when All he had to do was lift it over him

He panicks

Grendel

Dabo Palmer jDS Simms...

Oh dear look if you want to call me a racist say it - the fact you think it’s a joke says a lot more about you than me

covcity4life

Just be happy he scored 2 goals today. Wether he goes now or in summer or doesn't at all doesnt change much for us. We want our strikers scoring goals right?

Evo1883

Just be happy he scored 2 goals today. Wether he goes now or in summer or doesn't at all doesnt change much for us. We want our strikers scoring goals right?
Well do we ? We have fans yet again lauding a striker that can't score goals and berating ones that can .

You'd think ellis simms had a worldie today based off social media

Seriously though , langstaff would be a good addition

TomRad85

I thought simms had a decent game at Leeds, but they are different players .. simms couldn't have scored those 2 goals today imo ..

Simms tried to volley past the keeper today when All he had to do was lift it over him

He panicks
If you look at some of his goals before he came here he looked fairly calm in front of goal. Currently it's the one major failing of our management team being unable to get that out of him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Well do we ? We have fans yet again lauding a striker that can't score goals and berating ones that can .

Before this game Godden was struggling to score himself.
Unfortunately he is not at the required level to play for us in the league consistently.

everyone is slagging off Simms lack of goals, but his work is allowing Sakamoto and Wright to score a lot more. If it were Godden in for Simmsi doubt the other 2 would be scoring so many

Grendel

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
It’s a joy finally to have different striker options, they all bring something different and that’s their value, listened to quite a few interviews on podcasts and cannot say whether Godden is fed up of fans abuse or not but those interviews etc all highlight that strikers hate it when they don’t start games, they want the team to win but not the other strikers to score.

I feel like Godden believes he should start every game, his goal record suggests he could but it’s about finding the right system and that might not be him starting every game, trust Robins to manage but would happily still want Godden here to the end of this season, it sure next, don’t think he would get away with the offsides in the prem with var 😉

Evo1883

Before this game Godden was struggling to score himself.
Unfortunately he is not at the required level to play for us in the league consistently.

everyone is slagging off Simms lack of goals, but his work is allowing Sakamoto and Wright to score a lot more. If it were Godden in for Simmsi doubt the other 2 would be scoring so many

I think saka and wright get those goals anyway , I think we score a load more if Simms starts scoring .

Look I'm semi joking , Simms has time on his hands as long as we're getting results fans will give him time ..it's how fans react when we lose a few and Simms misses a few chances

covcity4life

They all play on sky blue so for me if one does well don't mean have to get on back of others

I think Simms is showing good signs so I'm happy to be patient with him

I would have Simms start let godden Vs Leicester too. But if godden starts or comes on as a sub it will be off the back of a brace and that can only be a good thing for the team.

I haven't seen langstaff play so can't comment. But I have always said I want to see godden upgraded upon. We had a bit of argument over it in summer and still not really sure why as it seems you agree on that too. Doesn't change how good he has been for us but everyone's time comes to an end and he would be one of top of my list to find a better replacement for that's all.

Evo1883

They all play on sky blue so for me if one does well don't mean have to get on back of others

I think Simms is showing good signs so I'm happy to be patient with him

I would have Simms start let godden Vs Leicester too. But if godden starts or comes on as a sub it will be off the back of a brace and that can only be a good thing for the team.

I haven't seen langstaff play so can't comment. But I have always said I want to see godden upgraded upon. We had a bit of argument over it in summer and still not really sure why as it seems you agree on that too. Doesn't change how good he has been for us but everyone's time comes to an end and he would be one of top of my list to find a better replacement for that's all.
I'm joking mate , I hope Simms comes good , still too early to fully make an opinion, there is a concern with his goal return but let's see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread