Matty Godden (7 Viewers)

Offhegoes

I'm joking mate , I hope Simms comes good , still too early to fully make an opinion, there is a concern with his goal return but let's see what happens
I think Simms has come good.
His assist today was reminiscent of Adebola or Regis in their prime. On top of that performance at Leeds leading the line. The goals will undoubtedly come soon. You have to say that the summer recruitment seems to be spot on.

Londonccfcfan

I thought simms had a decent game at Leeds, but they are different players .. simms couldn't have scored those 2 goals today imo ..

Simms tried to volley past the keeper today when All he had to do was lift it over him

He panicks
Godden is a legend in most fans eyes his stats speak for themselves. 50 goals is amazing achievement at one club.

No ones really criticising him.

We are now a consistent top end championship team with top end players.

Hertsccfc

Godden is a legend in most fans eyes his stats speak for themselves. 50 goals is amazing achievement at one club.

No ones really criticising him.

We are now a consistent top end championship team with top end players.
You don't think we would be lucky to get £500k max for Hagi Wright anymore?

Mucca Mad Boys

You say. "Simms forces keeper into some good saves"

I say "Godden gave keeper no chance"

That sums the situation up for me.
Godden is straight up a better finisher than Gyokeres and probably even players like Wilson, Wright and so on…

Ask yourself why he doesn’t score as many goals as those players.

As for today, great goals the second in particular was a slick finish. However, we we playing a side 4-2 down and chasing the game. Like MR said, the game was calling out for Godden and I don’t think he’d have had the same impact as a starter.

Ornitier

This was my exact post about Godden at the start of the season and I can pretty much just copy paste it here:

‘Glad he got the two goals. Matty Godden has been one of my favourite players of the last few years, and possibly in my top 5 ever, and was sensational in our League One promotion campaign.

Saying that, what’s with the fingers in the ears celebration? If it’s because a couple of bad eggs on twitter (sorry…X) were giving him a bit of abuse for not scoring against Leicester then it’s a shitty way to celebrate in front of 24k fans, the majority of which love him’

Change ‘24k’ for ‘18k’ and ‘fingers in ears’ for ‘being sulky’ and it’s pretty much the exact same situation. If his celebration today was in reaction to a dozen morons on twitter, rather than enjoying the moment with the 18k who paid and turned up to watch him score his 50th goal for the club no less, then again I have to say it’s a shitty way to go about things.

Whilst I don’t want him to go, if his attitude continues to be like this then maybe it is best all round if he looks for a new club, rather than taint the amazing work he’s done here.

stupot07

We do have to remember that was Tavares first game in 12 months. O'Hare looked miles off it first 4-5 games back. He still has 18 months on his contract, he's lost a year's worth of development, so worth giving him another 12 months to see if with games he will develop, he is a development player not a bonafide first team player after all. He does need to go and play games else where on loan for the rest of this season though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

I love Godden for all he has done for this football club but his biggest problem at the moment is he thinks he can lead the line for us and he just can't.

He hampers our general build up play as he doesn't have the pace to help set up and then find himself in the box whereas Gjok and Wright are happy to get stuck in and create as well as be in the perfect position in the box to hit the net he'd suit a league 1 team who would set up with him in mind and as today found loads of space against a league one team.

I'd love for Godden and Fadz to go on forever but they can't. I will always look back fondly on them though.

I'll also make a bet that Simms at the end of his career will have more championship goal and assists than Godden.

Londonccfcfan

This was my exact post about Godden at the start of the season and I can pretty much just copy paste it here:

‘Glad he got the two goals. Matty Godden has been one of my favourite players of the last few years, and possibly in my top 5 ever, and was sensational in our League One promotion campaign.

Saying that, what’s with the fingers in the ears celebration? If it’s because a couple of bad eggs on twitter (sorry…X) were giving him a bit of abuse for not scoring against Leicester then it’s a shitty way to celebrate in front of 24k fans, the majority of which love him’

Change ‘24k’ for ‘18k’ and ‘fingers in ears’ for ‘being sulky’ and it’s pretty much the exact same situation. If his celebration today was in reaction to a dozen morons on twitter, rather than enjoying the moment with the 18k who paid and turned up to watch him score his 50th goal for the club no less, then again I have to say it’s a shitty way to go about things.

Whilst I don’t want him to go, if his attitude continues to be like this then maybe it is best all round if he looks for a new club, rather than taint the amazing work he’s done here.
This is the bit I don't get...I understand every player being unhappy about not being in the team. But fir Robins to have to point out to him that mins between the 3 are about the same is a shame. He's always struck me as a team player.

Matty has to realise we are improving every year as a team and squad. He has to respect that and he's Godden not God.

shmmeee

Godden is straight up a better finisher than Gyokeres and probably even players like Wilson, Wright and so on…

Ask yourself why he doesn’t score as many goals as those players.

As for today, great goals the second in particular was a slick finish. However, we we playing a side 4-2 down and chasing the game. Like MR said, the game was calling out for Godden and I don’t think he’d have had the same impact as a starter.

Ultimately that’s the difference and also what worries me about any bid for Langstaff, being a frankly world class finisher as Godden is IMO, isn’t enough on its own at this level where you need to contribute to the team for 90 mins. Is as bad as a showboating AM who doesn’t track back or a CB or GK who can’t pass these days.

Evo1883

Ultimately that’s the difference and also what worries me about any bid for Langstaff, being a frankly world class finisher as Godden is IMO, isn’t enough on its own at this level where you need to contribute to the team for 90 mins. Is as bad as a showboating AM who doesn’t track back or a CB or GK who can’t pass these days.

Haaland gets away with it to be fair , part of our problem is the deliveries to the CF are neither to feet or any good in general .. today you saw allen give 2 balls to goddens feet in the box and he scores

And btw ,godden works tirelessly , another myth that he contributes nothing

Users who are viewing this thread