Matty Godden (3 Viewers)

SBT

Tyler Walker was given a better time than Godden by so many fans. It’ll go down as one of CCFC’s biggest ever travesties.
In what universe did that happen? I assume not our one. Godden’s name is sung almost every week.

Grendel

When we were in league 1 our famous talent scout on here (that man G) said he wouldn’t get in any other league 1 squad. It’s not just him though, he ritually doesn’t get the respect he deserves for years he’s been here. Proper striker.

Oh Harvey I believe it was a comment in one game against Lincoln and it wasn’t even that was it? As for Max vs Victor let’s look what really happened

Alkhen

Can't drop Godden at the mo, he has delivered.

I reckon mayb go Godden & Simms on Monday.

Actually thought Simms was ok when he came on against Cardiff, linked up play was decent and he needs pitch time to get going. Also think style wise Wright has more chance of making impact off the bench as he is a dynamic player, put him on against tired legs.

Last edited:

skybluecam

Can't drop Godden at the mo, he has delivered how.

I reckon mayb go Godden & Simms on Monday.

Actually thought Simms was ok when he came on against Cardiff, linked up play was decent and he needs pitch time to get going. Also think style wise Wright has more chance of making impact off the bench as he is a dynamic player, put him on against tired legs.
I’d like to see Godden and Simms start, and then Wright come on for Godden after 60 mins or so.

If Simms and Wright can click they will run teams ragged.

PVA

When we were in league 1 our famous talent scout on here (that man G) said he wouldn’t get in any other league 1 squad. It’s not just him though, he ritually doesn’t get the respect he deserves for years he’s been here. Proper striker.

He also said he should have been 'sent packing' last summer.

Godden does have the odd game where he doesn't contribute a great deal, but his goalscoring record is excellent. Brilliant finisher.

Hertsccfc

He started the campaign against Godden when we extended his contract two years ago saying it was a waste of money. One of his best!

Grendel

He started the campaign against Godden when we extended his contract two years ago saying it was a waste of money. One of his best!

I started a campaign? Did anyone sign up?

Grendel

He also said he should have been 'sent packing' last summer.

Godden does have the odd game where he doesn't contribute a great deal, but his goalscoring record is excellent. Brilliant finisher.

When Monday comes what’s the difference between PVA and Grendel

One is at the game. The other is sitting listening to Rob gurney and looking at some boring stats website and pictures of Kasey palmer

I’ll leave the forum to work out which is which

PVA

When Monday comes what’s the difference between PVA and Grendel

One is at the game. The other is sitting listening to Rob gurney and looking at some boring stats website and pictures of Kasey palmer

I’ll leave the forum to work out which is which

Why do you have this obsession with how many games I attend, but no one else on this forum?

You're really, really, weird.

And FYI I will be going on Monday if I test negative for Covid.

Grendel

Why do you have this obsession with how many games I attend, but no one else on this forum?

You're really, really, weird.

And FYI I will be going on Monday if I test negative for Covid.

Got an invite to be a mascot?

PVA

Got an invite to be a mascot?

74d1056cce14de35a9551ac072e340a5.gif

ptr

Has to be Godden and Simms on Monday. No way can Godden be benched after delivering early doors this season. Shirt is his to lose.

of course he can’t be benched he’s the leagues top goalscorer and we are shite 😂without him we’d be bottom. Simms not only has to start on Monday but he has to be given a run of games…just like Wright has had.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

As with most things, I feel like the truth is between the two extremes. I absolutely love him, he’s been a huge part in our rise up the leagues, he’s also by far the player i’m most confident will bury a chance if he’s given half one in a game (the Leicester game is a massive anomaly in his career with us). There are way too many people who don’t credit him enough. On the flip side, the argument of “if he doesn’t score he doesn’t offer a lot” is also fair, I’ve seen him have some terrible games and not be involved at all. His overall record is good though. Noones arguing it but the difference between him and a Vik is Vik could not score and still run a game (Boro away a few seasons ago as an example). It’s not for want of trying Godden works his arse of but he lacks any pace, strength or power. No chance he should be dropped on this form, especially when the argument is he does nothing but score, the other two (or at least Wright) is offering nothing and not scoring.
I also think Walker got a rough time so don’t believe the “walker was favoured over Godden line”. The only consistent run he had, he ended up top scorer for us. Clearly a confidence player and it was shot by time he left us.

NorthernWisdom

As with most things, I feel like the truth is between the two extremes. I absolutely love him, he’s been a huge part in our rise up the leagues, he’s also by far the player i’m most confident will bury a chance if he’s given half one in a game (the Leicester game is a massive anomaly in his career with us). There are way too many people who don’t credit him enough. On the flip side, the argument of “if he doesn’t score he doesn’t offer a lot” is also fair, I’ve seen him have some terrible games and not be involved at all. His overall record is good though. Noones arguing it but the difference between him and a Vik is Vik could not score and still run a game (Boro away a few seasons ago as an example). It’s not for want of trying Godden works his arse of but he lacks any pace, strength or power. No chance he should be dropped on this form, especially when the argument is he does nothing but score, the other two (or at least Wright) is offering nothing and not scoring.
I also think Walker got a rough time so don’t believe the “walker was favoured over Godden line”. The only consistent run he had, he ended up top scorer for us. Clearly a confidence player and it was shot by time he left us.
Yeah, the argument isn't even as simple as if he scores he keeps his place, it's if dropping him would help the team score more.

As it happens it probably wouldn't atm, so he keeps his place, but it's not as simple as just goals.

(Not sure why I quoted you to give my pointless response, but maybe because at least it's not a God/Turd conundrum!)

shmmeee

My concern with Godden is he distorts the team and doesn’t contribute outside his goals. I think him playing is hindering Simms settling into the team and by proxy Wright as well. I honestly think we’ll be a better team without him and having him as a sticking plaster at the moment is stopping us moving forwards to a new style. I also question his value as Robins mouth on the pitch given recent comments about playing style.

You can’t drop the guy, he’s top scorer and in a good vein of form, but I do think we won’t evolve as a team until he’s injured or loses form and Simms gets a go in that role.

hamertime

My concern with Godden is he distorts the team and doesn’t contribute outside his goals. I think him playing is hindering Simms settling into the team and by proxy Wright as well. I honestly think we’ll be a better team without him and having him as a sticking plaster at the moment is stopping us moving forwards to a new style. I also question his value as Robins mouth on the pitch given recent comments about playing style.

You can’t drop the guy, he’s top scorer and in a good vein of form, but I do think we won’t evolve as a team until he’s injured or loses form and Simms gets a go in that role.
Playing godden is hindering simms😂😂😂😂😂. Now that’s a cracker

Evo1883

The Office Reaction GIF

Users who are viewing this thread