Matty Godden (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Vik was that good it's made it hard to appreciate even semi decent forwards now 😂

We had this with GKs after Oggy/Hedman/Kirkland, and arguably strikers after Dublin and Keane. Silly high standards. Whoever comes in at CM is on a hiding to nothing as well.

Evo1883

He 100% is, one of the best finishers i can remember watching at City TBH.
There's no denying he went off the boil for a couple months even finishing wasn't right .. today will do him good .even if he's a bench player

Evo1883

We had this with GKs after Oggy/Hedman/Kirkland, and arguably strikers after Dublin and Keane. Silly high standards. Whoever comes in at CM is on a hiding to nothing as well.
He was exceptional today and I'm a critic at times

higgs

Why didn't he celebrate even the lawnmower could of got a start again today

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

TomRad85

If we don't go up I reckon we'll be able to watch our new CM run rings around the fat Sheffield Utd version of Hamer next season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

That's already happened with the abuse of Eccles. Is that two goals from Eccles corners in the last two matches now?

Great_Expectations

Godden was pivotal to our rise and will always be synonymous with that. His goal scoring record is also massively under appreciated too. He was the main man in our dominating L1 season.

However, we’ve changed styles, formations and tactics several times since then, and unfortunately for Godden none of those changes have been a perfect fit for him. Naturally we’ve stepped up several levels quality wise too. He’s also seen other players become the ‘main man’ since he was.

He can still offer something to the team, but it can’t be from the start in this system. Coming on against tiring and stretched defenders might become his thing. Whether he’s happy with that will be up to him.

Evo1883

If he just had a bit more passing range he’d be fine long term. Hope he spends his summer practicing pinging balls across the Memorial Park TBH, love having a proper City lad in the side.

He's going out with somebody I knows sister, hes a good lad

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haaland gets away with it to be fair , part of our problem is the deliveries to the CF are neither to feet or any good in general .. today you saw allen give 2 balls to goddens feet in the box and he scores

And btw ,godden works tirelessly , another myth that he contributes nothing
Haaland has the athleticism and physique that even if he doesn't score he can bully and beat up the defence.

Evo1883

Haaland has the athleticism and physique that even if he doesn't score he can bully and beat up the defence.
True , but he doesn't do an awful lot in matches apart from score , is the point .. scored a hatrick once with 7 touches in a match

Hertsccfc

There are matches when he hardly touches the ball despite Man City having most of the possession. But then he ends up scoring a couple of goals. Pretty sure I remember one match he scored in but had only nine touches.

Mucca Mad Boys

Haaland gets away with it to be fair , part of our problem is the deliveries to the CF are neither to feet or any good in general .. today you saw allen give 2 balls to goddens feet in the box and he scores

And btw ,godden works tirelessly , another myth that he contributes nothing

Godden does work tirelessly and anyone who watches him play (properly) cannot deny that.

It’s all about the deliveries, as good as COH and Palmer were today, there were times we pondered on the ball in the final third and let Oxford defend with 10 men behind the ball. Allen comes on and we’re direct and caught Oxford out. The finish for Godden 2nd was top drawer but as you say, for his first goal it was the first pass to a striker in the box where they had space to shoot.

Evo1883

Can you pass a message on asking him to shave that ridiculous beard?
My sons got one, not saying he'd shave his off if Josh did but it's worth a go.
No one wants their offspring walking round looking like Shaggy from Scooby do.
I actually could pass that message on to be honest

shmmeee

He's more than fine already, but I don't want to derail the thread.

Disagree. We need better than either him or Sheaf from a forward passing POV. Neither is particularly comfortable switching the ball or playing balls for the strikers to run into from deep. They’re both good players with many good features but we’re missing something from the side overall.

stupot07

In what way is he better? I just don't see it. He is faster than Godden of course, but he's not very fast, and Godden's movement is much better. I also think Godden's control is better. And of course Godden's goalscoring is vastly superior and that is the most important thing.
He's very quick once he gets to top speed, but his acceleration isn't particularly quick.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Matt smith

Disagree. We need better than either him or Sheaf from a forward passing POV. Neither is particularly comfortable switching the ball or playing balls for the strikers to run into from deep. They’re both good players with many good features but we’re missing something from the side overall.
We need a midfielder that is a genuine 8

An upgrade on Allen, who does a bit of both

Users who are viewing this thread