STATEMENT: Coventry City sickened and saddened following racist messages sent to Fankaty Dabo (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

I saw the comments on insta and they were all anonymous accounts with 0 followers and no reference to CCFC anywhere

It’s sad that people cling onto these events to act like Neanderthals and it’s sad that people will lazily think that the bulk of match going supporters have been giving Dabo racist abuse

Nick

Administrator
I saw the comments on insta and they were all anonymous accounts with 0 followers and no reference to CCFC anywhere

It’s sad that people cling onto these events to act like Neanderthals and it’s sad that people will lazily think that the bulk of match going supporters have been giving Dabo racist abuse

That's the thing, I saw a couple and they were random bot type accounts who were straight on the abuse. That's not to say they aren't city fans.

Like you say though, people will think it is the majority of people who went to the game or go to games when it isn't.

Like when it was Rashford etc, didn't they turn out to mostly be abroad?

Regardless, it shouldn't be so "easy" to fire up social media accounts to do stuff like that "anonymously" and get away with it. The cunts.

Last edited:

Grendel

Although its impractical I would rather the final decided at the end of Extra Time and if the team that finished higher in the league was still drawing they go through

The game is marketed as the biggest prize in the World of Football and it encourages vilification for the guy missing the penalty. We've seen it on here. I doubt Dabo would reassured by the claim some are not racist on here when a couple of posters have treated him abysmally. How one is even still on here I have no idea as I would have banned him and the other seems to have gone into his nursery and will cry until August.

Nick

Administrator
Although its impractical I would rather the final decided at the end of Extra Time and if the team that finished higher in the league was still drawing they go through

The game is marketed as the biggest prize in the World of Football and it encourages vilification for the guy missing the penalty. We've seen it on here. I doubt Dabo would reassured by the claim some are not racist on here when a couple of posters have treated him abysmally. How one is even still on here I have no idea as I would have banned him and the other seems to have gone into his nursery and will cry until August.

There were racist comments about him on here? Can you PM me the links?

Grendel

There were racist comments about him on here? Can you PM me the links?

The comments were "I am not racist" - I said he was treated abysmally - he was abused beyond belief the guy even started a thread on it and just carried on all day

Nick

Administrator
The comments were "I am not racist" - I said he was treated abysmally - he was abused beyond belief the guy even started a thread on it and just carried on all day

That's a bit different to being racist, much like you berating Biamou over how many months.

Let's at least keep this one on topic.

alexccfc99

That's the thing, I saw a couple and they were random bot type accounts who were straight on the abuse. That's not to say they aren't city fans.

Like you say though, people will think it is the majority of people who went to the game or go to games when it isn't.

Like when it was Rashford etc, didn't they turn out to mostly be abroad?

Regardless, it shouldn't be so "easy" to fire up social media accounts to do stuff like that "anonymously" and get away with it. The cunts.
Most of the stuff from the fallout post Euros final came from accounts in the Middle and Far East

Grendel

That's a bit different to being racist, much like you berating Biamou over how many months.

Let's at least keep this one on topic.

It really wasn't the same at all but if you say so

SonofErnie

That’s a decent idea, in that the onus is on the team in the lower position to chase the goal in extra time. It pretty much fizzled out in extra time with no real effort made to win it.

Briles

They're always fake profiles with South American names. I doubt any of them were cov fans. Just like I doubt many of them were England fans who abused saka etc.

bigfatronssba

What sort of loser gets a kick out of this sort of thing?

I hope to God these aren't actual City fans. Awful for Dabo if this is the last thing he experiences at our club

Hobo

The trouble is racists hide behind fake accounts. It is alright saying I doubt they are City fans. But they are in Society somewhere. I hear racist remarks in Coventry all the time and from the mouths of people who think they are not racist.
Part of the problem is large sections of society doesn't understand racism.

The classic example "Black Lives Matter" met with a repost of "All Lives Matter". Of course they do! But for centuries black lives haven't mattered and they have been victims of not just extreme abuse, but subtle prejudice daily.

Fidelius

The trouble is racists hide behind fake accounts. It is alright saying I doubt they are City fans. But they are in Society somewhere. I hear racist remarks in Coventry all the time and from the mouths of people who think they are not racist.
Part of the problem is large sections of society doesn't understand racism.

The classic example "Black Lives Matter" met with a repost of "All Lives Matter". Of course they do! But for centuries black lives haven't mattered and they have been victims of not just extreme abuse, but subtle prejudice daily.
I agree, but I saw a lot of the comments on Instagram and they weren’t people who simply didn’t understand the subtle nuances of racism. There was some really nasty stuff on there. Depressingly I reported the ones I saw at the time, and I have since had updates from Instagram to say that the content didn’t go against their community guidelines.

Finham

I agree, but I saw a lot of the comments on Instagram and they weren’t people who simply didn’t understand the subtle nuances of racism. There was some really nasty stuff on there. Depressingly I reported the ones I saw at the time, and I have since had updates from Instagram to say that the content didn’t go against their community guidelines.
That's where one problem is-the social media companies. We're about 25 years behind technology legally.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hope the culprits are found and permanently banned, doubt they even go to matches anyway. Probably watched from there sofa

Sick Boy

That’s a disgrace!!

Reactions: AOM

higgs

Not the same player anymore after the injuries league one level now at best

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Hobo

But it is also the denial of it is not us, not in our neighbourhood, city or club that helps it exist. Oh they are just extremists but no understanding of the subtle remarks, the subtle prejudices that exist. They are just as bad. We need to look at the depth of subtle prejudice that exists and not just acknowledge the extreme and obvious.

Well done you for at least trying to report. But there community guidelines surely illustrate the problem we have: defensive denial and excuses.

Fidelius

But it is also the denial of it is not us, not in our neighbourhood, city or club that helps it exist. Oh they are just extremists but no understanding of the subtle remarks, the subtle prejudices that exist. They are just as bad. We need to look at the depth of subtle prejudice that exists and not just acknowledge the extreme and obvious.

Well done you for at least trying to report. But there community guidelines surely illustrate the problem we have: defensive denial and excuses.
Yes that's a fair point, and actually at least one of the accounts I saw commenting had a username that suggested a reasonable familiarity with the club.

AOM

Yep, same. I had similar issues reporting all the fake seller accounts trying to scam people who were after Wembley tickets in the club social media posts, and they also didn't breach guidelines apparentely!

Users who are viewing this thread