Martin Cranie (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

how many times has it got to be pointed out that this window is unlike any other? Its not as if the majority of the managers in the Championship planned to sit around making no signings all summer & watching as their players caught covid, but thats how its pretty much panned out. If it is desperation then its been forced on us in the same way its been forced on everyone else

Is the only thing in your life sitting on this forum and just having a pop at absolutely everyone you can possibly go at?

If you read my earlier posts (which you have conveniently ignored), I have stated that the league may be weaker all round as a result of such circumstances you mention.

That doesn't mean we can just go for any old player and pass it off as covid's fault though. There are some genuine questions surrounding the transfer situation at the moment. Sure, they may get resolved, but they may not as well. From what I can see the only people having an authentic meltdown are the ones that don't want to hear any respectable criticisms. No one is threatening to off themselves because we lost to Mansfield, but that's essentially what you and some others are trying to make out.

Fans of a football club dissecting the pre-season. What a shocker. Stop the press.

COV

Luton really been affected by this mad window when bringing in Reece Burke or Bristol City when signing Rob Atkinson.

Both quality players who fit the model.

Thats one club.

What is the point actually being made here- Robins has totally lost the plot? SISU not backing him properly?

shmmeee

Thats one club.

What is the point actually being made here- Robins has totally lost the plot? SISU not backing him properly?

The feeling for me is we’ve made our usual list of summer targets then when push came to shove not had enough cash to bring more than one or two in and now we’re scrabbling around trying to find anyone to fill the glaring holes in the squad.

Who’s fault that is depends on what was said behind the scenes but I seriously doubt Robins is dumb enough to make a list of targets that are obviously out of our reach.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is the only thing in your life sitting on this forum and just having a pop at absolutely everyone you can possibly go at?

If you read my earlier posts (which you have conveniently ignored), I have stated that the league may be weaker all round as a result of such circumstances you mention.

That doesn't mean we can just go for any old player and pass it off as covid's fault though. There are some genuine questions surrounding the transfer situation at the moment. Sure, they may get resolved, but they may not as well. From what I can see the only people having an authentic meltdown are the ones that don't want to hear any respectable criticisms. No one is threatening to off themselves because we lost to Mansfield, but that's essentially what you and some others are trying to make out.

Fans of a football club dissecting the pre-season. What a shocker. Stop the press.

Keep seeing claims that people have forecast guaranteed relegation when genuinely nobody has said such a thing. Though it is also fair to say that plenty of other sides have had minimal recruitment also, even if their base to start from is stronger.

Liquid Gold

Thats one club.

Luton and Bristol City are actually two different clubs mate.

The point is, as I mentioned just a few posts back, is that it seems the recruitment model that has been so successful up to this point is either not being followed or has ran out of options this summer and has resulted in us being light in key positions with the season round the corner and that has forced us to look at players that we wouldn't normally expect to be on our radar.

You're the one turning this into a personal attack on the club when it isn't but as has already been mentioned your raison d'etre here is to make out everything is perfect at all times which actually invalidates any argument you have as it looks like you have no objectivity.

COV

Keep seeing claims that people have forecast guaranteed relegation when genuinely nobody has said such a thing. Though it is also fair to say that plenty of other sides have had minimal recruitment also, even if their base to start from is stronger.

i think a few have actually said that about relegation tbf, not that it matters

COV

Luton and Bristol City are actually two different clubs mate.

The point is, as I mentioned just a few posts back is that it seems the recruitment model that has been so successful up to this point is either not being follow or has ran out of options this summer and has resulted in us being light in key positions with the season round the corner and that has forced us to look at players that we wouldn't normally expect to be on our radar.

You're the one turning this into a personal attack on the club when it isn't but as has already been mentioned your raison d'etre here is to make out everything is perfect at all times which actually invalidates any argument you have as it looks like you have no objectivity.

Nothing is perfect, take a look back- part of the problem is that some people are unrealistic in what they think can be done. We are not capable of doing some of the things being talked about- in everything but name & fans we are a League One club, the club is an absolute mess. We will do well to stay up again. It was always going to be the way that we would have to scramble around to get bodies in, I don't see how that is such a shock.

Hobo

Pace is an irrelevant factor when it comes to being a good defender that can read the game, christ, Chiellini and Bonnuci just won the Euro's together!

Pace is not the be all and end all with defending but it is not irrelevant as you claim. I knew someone would wheel out the two Italian international defenders as a counter argument. But they are irrelevant as it is not them who will be at the centre of our defence.

Liquid Gold

Nothing is perfect, take a look back- part of the problem is that some people are unrealistic in what they think can be done. We are not capable of doing some of the things being talked about- in everything but name & fans we are a League One club, the club is an absolute mess. We will do well to stay up again. It was always going to be the way that we would have to scramble around to get bodies in, I don't see how that is such a shock.
We haven't spent a summer scrambling round to fill glaring holes this late since the ill fated Mowbray summer and you know that but pop off anyway mate.

Skybluedownunder

Do you reckon Sheafs wages were agreed a year ago? Because if it was an ‘obligation to buy’ like it’s been stated couldn’t we have just offered him shit wages so he wouldn’t join as a way of getting out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Do you reckon Sheafs wages were agreed a year ago? Because if it was an ‘obligation to buy’ like it’s been stated couldn’t we have just offered him shit wages so he wouldn’t join as a way of getting out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id imagine they were for just the reasons you state.

COV

I don’t get this “it’s a special summer” stuff.

I’ve heard we can’t expect to get any money for Allen because it’s a special summer, but equally we can’t sign anyone because it’s a special summer. Surely it’s the same market for buyers and sellers?

Robins himself said, "things are different this summer, more different than any other transfer window that I have experienced", not sure why he'd lie about it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Pace is not the be all and end all with defending but it is not irrelevant as you claim. I knew someone would wheel out the two Italian international defenders as a counter argument. But they are irrelevant as it is not them who will be at the centre of our defence.

Just re-watch that well known speed demon Teemu Pukki beat both Hyam and McF for pace with them both having a headstart

SeaSeeEffCee

Signed upto the forum less than two months ago and has already made 2000 posts. The majority of which seem to be telling other people not to talk about stuff. Classic RoS.

shmmeee

Robins himself said, "things are different this summer, more different than any other transfer window that I have experienced", not sure why he'd lie about it?

I don’t know if there’s voices in your head or something but you’ve got a nasty habit of responding to things people haven’t said.

I just said I didn’t understand it, not that Robins is lying.

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t know if there’s voices in your head or something but you’ve got a nasty habit of responding to things people haven’t said.

I just said I didn’t understand it, not that Robins is lying.
I think it’s a wait and see. Part of me is pleased we are aiming high and so no loans have come in yet. Think he made it clear he wanted to address up front end he’s absolutely done that. Think he feels Moore is a dependable keeper and I know he hasn’t shown this and that you doubt he is at this time

So you’re left with the left wing back. Maatsen will be excellent!

Rose and Dabo back adds more options if they’re fit but we need an osti and a replacement for mcfadzean.

I think Robins has said in the past sometimes you have to do what you have to do so maybe that’s what happened with Waghorn and gyokeres.

Fully expect 3 first team recruits before a week sunday

Skyblue_CP

N
No but it's all relative, we don't have world class players running at us either.

Liquid Gold

It would be good to get Maatsen over the line then we only have 1 glaring hole. The sooner the better so he has time with the squad and an idea of what's expected of him before the big kick off.

cc84cov

I think it’s a wait and see. Part of me is pleased we are aiming high and so no loans have come in yet. Think he made it clear he wanted to address up front end he’s absolutely done that. Think he feels Moore is a dependable keeper and I know he hasn’t shown this and that you doubt he is at this time

So you’re left with the left wing back. Maatsen will be excellent!

Rose and Dabo back adds more options if they’re fit but we need an osti and a replacement for mcfadzean.

I think Robins has said in the past sometimes you have to do what you have to do so maybe that’s what happened with Waghorn and gyokeres.

Fully expect 3 first team recruits before a week sunday
Agree I think the Chelsea lad is done,the biggest holes were osti and James so let’s see

Greggs

Surely it's the same for everyone, making his argument and reasoning null and void.

Grendel

Including loans this is where we are with incomings

Barnsley 2
Birmingham 7
Blackburn - 0
Blackpool 8
Bournemouth 2
Bristol 3
Cardiff 5
Coventry 5
Derby - 0
Fulham 3 (inc a £13 m transfer)
Huddersfield 6
Hull 5
Luton 8
Middlesborough 5
Millwall 5
Forest 2
Peterborough 5
Preston
Reading - 0
QPR 8
Sheff U -0
Stoke 3
Swansea 3
WBA 2

Deity

Barnsley 2
Birmingham 7
Blackburn - 0
Blackpool 8
Bournemouth 2
Bristol 3
Cardiff 5
Coventry 5
Derby - 0
Huddersfield 6
Hull 5
Luton 8
Middlesborough 5
Millwall 5
Forest 2
Peterborough 5
Preston
Reading - 0
QPR 8
Sheff U -0
Stoke 3
Swansea 3
WBA 2
What’s the net position ? Incomings and outgoings …..

COV

Barnsley 2
Birmingham 7
Blackburn - 0
Blackpool 8
Bournemouth 2
Bristol 3
Cardiff 5
Coventry 5
Derby - 0
Huddersfield 6
Hull 5
Luton 8
Middlesborough 5
Millwall 5
Forest 2
Peterborough 5
Preston
Reading - 0
QPR 8
Sheff U -0
Stoke 3
Swansea 3
WBA 2

If Fulham don't make a quick return then something is seriously wrong there, I think they will be champions

NorthernWisdom

If Fulham don't make a quick return then something is seriously wrong there, I think they will be champions
Their manager saw fit to jump before the season began, although I suppose you could say he did that before he was pushed. I'm not so sure on Marco Silva either, he seems a bit Emperor's New Clothes but yeah, they should have enough about them really.

COV

Their manager saw fit to jump before the season began, although I suppose you could say he did that before he was pushed. I'm not so sure on Marco Silva either, he seems a bit Emperor's New Clothes but yeah, they should have enough about them really.

The manager is the only part of Fulham that would stop me having a bet on them- but you look at their squad and if he can't take them up then he would want to be asking some serious questions of himself.

Hobo

N

No but it's all relative, we don't have world class players running at us either.

We don't have world class midfielders and attackers playing in front of two old centre backs who rarely got as far as the halfway line either.

Users who are viewing this thread