Martin Cranie (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

A lot of players who are quick use their pace to get them out of trouble a good thinking player will be in the right place already.

ceetee

Said it before, Cranie reads the game better than most at our level. I thought he didn't lok out of place in the defence yesterday. I would sign him for a season to buy time for one of our own to step up

Dirk Turpin

But we are a continual work in progress and in an ideal situation would replace our back line with faster quicker and better players but we haven’t got the financial clout to do it certainly not all in one go, so it is bit by bit and Martin Cranie gives us a little time to get one in now and perhaps another next window or next summer.

This.

If we get a year out of him and he helps tighten up the defence then it seems like a no brainer to me. We aren't going to come up against an opposition with the quality a pace that wolves have very often.

As Maldini once said, "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake."

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Ostigaard hardly had pace did he?

Not a specific player but two aspects I think we need to kick on in the Championship next season in terms of recruitment, pace and options of width.

Pace - Not a criticism but I feel like we're a very slow team. Only Dabo, O'Hare and Walker (when he uses it) have any noticeable pace. The majority of top half Championship teams have pace down the spine of the team or at least in their forwards and wingers. Any forward we go for should have pace to help balance out this deficit.

Defensively we have no pace whatsoever other than Dabo. Ostigard is slow but reads the game exceptionally well, can recover and his positioning is spot on. We need some pace in centre defence and Hyam, Rose, McFadzean don't read the game well enough to compensate and regularly get caught out.

Width -...

I've said the same thing since 30th April, along with the lack of width and pace further up the pitch.

cc84cov

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread