Martin Cranie (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s true but from the same article…

One of the trialists that made the team this evening was former Luton defender Martin Cranie, who had a previous five spell with the Sky Blues from 2009-2012, playing 114 games.

junglej13

It's buried in this article but it is written by a locum journo. Very clumsy article. Says he was the third trialist tonight and tomorrows game is at the Ricoh! Personally wouldn't be surprised if Cranie is in the squad tomorrow but probably to help out the club and us help him get fit.

CDK

He supposedly back for a 2nd spell according to CET add more nous to the team no bad thing if it's 18month 2year max deal and we get another early 20yr old CB in addition with decent make up physicality,calmness under pressure and pace.
I didn't believe we would get bright back so I haven't a Scooby wether cranie will be back so who am I to know.

Frostie

Don’t mind it but dare I suggest we’ve settled for players who won’t need much persuading rather than getting the players we really wanted.

If he's the only CB coming in then yes, agreed.

Still think we'll get the loans, just frustrating that parent clubs aren't letting them go yet but understandable at the same time.

stupot07

Turns 35 in September,
Played 23 league games last season and 24 thr season before and 15 the season before that, his age and fitness is a worry for me. In fact he hasn't played 30+ league games in a season since 2015/16.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CDK

Suppose players that want to come in ,they will give there all to the cause.

SeaSeeEffCee

Yeah, Cranie still lives in the area and is married to a girl from Cov. Bright was turned away by a team who have just been promoted to this league and probably couldn’t believe his luck we’ve given him a chance
Who was Bright turned down by? I hadn't heard that

higgs

Turns 35 in September,
Played 23 league games last season and 24 thr season before and 15 the season before that, his age and fitness is a worry for me. In fact he hasn't played 30+ league games in a season since 2015/16.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'd go with a One year deal as squad player he's got experience another wise head might not be a bad thing it's a long gruelling season would still want to see another centre half mind

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

better days

If he's the only CB coming in then yes, agreed.

Still think we'll get the loans, just frustrating that parent clubs aren't letting them go yet but understandable at the same time.
Crainie is around and the Chelsea lad is due to arrive Imminently
Rocky has been a mixture of outstanding followed by panicky errors. Think the jury is still out on him but he's being looked at closely in training
Equally importantly inured and sick senior players are recovering just in time for the season
Keep calm and carry on

SeaSeeEffCee

Rocky has been a mixture of outstanding followed by panicky errors. Think the jury is still out on him but he's being looked at closely in training
Equally importantly inured and sick senior players are recovering just in time for the season
Keep calm and carry on
Cranie and Rocky as our two incoming CBs wouldn't be particularly inspiring, or even an improvement on last season tbh.

SleepyGinger

Keep calm and carry on
Chelsea lad being Maasten or Clarke-Salter?

higgs

Rocky could be class in the long term but looks very raw I could see him making a lot of mistakes seeing red giving away penaltys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

COV

Strong barrel scraping vibes this summer.

my god- what exactly were you expecting?

We have next to no money
We are off the back of ginormous losses
etc etc

I don’t understand what your yardstick is exactly, what is the criteria for “scraping the barrel?” If you were hoping we’d sign £5m players then fair enough but you’re not stupid are you?

COV

Uninteresting Martin Crainie fact.
Last week he bought a £900 lawnmower from Pearmans on Corley Moor.(I know this as I bought a lawnmower there today,cost considerably less than £900, and the guy in the sore told me).

No that is interesting, was it one of the automatic ones that you just leave to do their thing? I have one of those, they’re amazing 👍

Users who are viewing this thread