Martin Cranie (5 Viewers)

junglej13

3 loans can make a massive difference to our squad though. Look at how Osti, James, Sam and Gyo impacted our season. Get those right and we will be spot on.
Said the same on anothet thread. I swear the season we became Champions I thought our recruitment was hugely underwhelming in that summer. We then brought in Walsh and O'Hare on loan... And Godden admittedly. Holding your nerve in the loan market, particularly this summer, and waiting until real quality becomes available will be huge to our success.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Unsure about this one. 35 in September so he certainly won't have the legs but he has bags of experience at this level so assuming he's able he could be a useful stop gap for this coming season.

Skybluedownunder

Cranie was class last time , never looked like he gets out of second gear , absolute rolls Royce of a defender. He never had pace anyway, so let’s hope his experience has added more to his game

Now can we get Westwood , Dann and Fox back please???

Bring the band back together

Encore, encore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

There’s so many decent youngsters we could get on loan from Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea… even the Villa!
I’m a bit disappointed by our signings when there’s good youngsters that really need to get out on Loan. While some may not like loanees as they aren’t permanent… we’ve had some good ones who have made the difference over recent years.

O’Hare, Walsh, James, Osti, Bright etc

Ccfcisparks

There’s so many decent youngsters we could get on loan from Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea… even the Villa!
I’m a bit disappointed by our signings when there’s good youngsters that really need to get out on Loan. While some may not like loanees as they aren’t permanent… we’ve had some good ones who have made the difference over recent years.

Fatso told us we should be looking at old timers over spotty teenagers on loan

Frostie

We will bring in some loanees, unquestionably, it's just parent clubs are reluctant to let them go so early so need to remain patient.

Hobo

We lacked experience last year so not against bringing it in as our squad is still relatively young.

Would prefer players who are 29/30 rather than 35 when the legs could go.

Cranie and McFadz would worry me together at back as even our younger options aren't blessed with pace.

But an either or option may get us through the season.

Skybluebeliever

We will get some loan players , all those players you have quoted look when they were signed on loan not in the first few weeks of pre season

Skyblue_CP

We lacked experience last year so not against bringing it in as our squad is still relatively young.

Would prefer players who are 29/30 rather than 35 when the legs could go.

Cranie and McFadz would worry me together at back as even our younger options aren't blessed with pace.

But an either or option may get us through the season.
Pace is an irrelevant factor when it comes to being a good defender that can read the game, christ, Chiellini and Bonnuci just won the Euro's together!

Liquid Gold

The thing is we're told that we scout 2 windows ahead, that means all of our signings this window we've theoretically been looking at for at least 12 months.

I don't see how Cranie or the Senegalese fella have been high on our list for a year. We may have been aware of them but I can't see Robins and Badlan sitting down last summer and saying "If we stay up we'll go for this 34 year old from Luton and this guy without a club". We've clearly missed out on our top targets and have possibly exhausted our list and are now just looking around at what's available.

Loans will obviously improve the situation but we need them in soon, we can't write off the first 10 games as a practice run while we get everyone back and sign some players up.

Liquid Gold

I think both of those fees will be the good old 'rising to'. If I had to guess I'd have said £400k Sheaf and £500k Gyo up front.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Swedish report said £1m for Györkeres, Alan Nixon said £600k for Sheaf I think when the rumours started last summer.

I do really like Gyökeres in fairness.

It does look like a big chunk of the budget has gone on them both though, so we will have to see how that goes. Not convinced by Sheaf by any means yet.

It is the defence and goalkeeping situation which is baffling me the most though, and the players that have either been on trial or talked about. Seems desperate.

COV

It does look like a big chunk of the budget has gone on them both though, so we will have to see how that goes. Not convinced by Sheaf by any means yet.

It is the defence and goalkeeping situation which is baffling me the most though, and the players that have either been on trial or talked about. Seems desperate.

how many times has it got to be pointed out that this window is unlike any other? Its not as if the majority of the managers in the Championship planned to sit around making no signings all summer & watching as their players caught covid, but thats how its pretty much panned out. If it is desperation then its been forced on us in the same way its been forced on everyone else

shmmeee

I agree. The Sheaf deal was signed last year though so although it’s this years budget I wouldn’t call him this years signing personally. I like Sheaf and think we paid a good price, same for Györkeres but if we still need a DM and have dropped a £1m signing from last year to fit Waghorn and Györkeres in you’ve got to question the prioritisation.

Said at the end of last season if I had money to spend it would’ve gone on a solid keeper and a CB or two plus a LWB well before the other positions.

Liquid Gold

how many times has it got to be pointed out that this window is unlike any other? Its not as if the majority of the managers in the Championship planned to sit around making no signings all summer & watching as their players caught covid, but thats how its pretty much panned out. If it is desperation then its been forced on us in the same way its been forced on everyone else
Luton really been affected by this mad window when bringing in Reece Burke or Bristol City when signing Rob Atkinson.

Both quality players who fit the model in a position we desperately need bodies in.

shmmeee

I don’t get this “it’s a special summer” stuff.

I’ve heard we can’t expect to get any money for Allen because it’s a special summer, but equally we can’t sign anyone because it’s a special summer. Surely it’s the same market for buyers and sellers?

Users who are viewing this thread