Match Thread Luton (A) Wed 29th Sep. 19.45 ko (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

SlowerThanPlatt

Bournemouth will consider they have dropped two points and that’s what we should do just consider tonight as three points dropped and move on. It will probably happen this is a funny old division.again
0-0 is a bit different to a 5-0 but yes need to turn up against Fulham

skybluereeve

The left side was awful embarrassing. I’m willing to give that the benefit of the doubt. The plus the fans oh my god on sky so so so loud so proud to be a Cov fan

theferret

Nice to see all the comments from Luton fans about our support sticking with the team until the end. Not many clubs in this division who you could say that about after a 5-0 drubbing.

Sky Blue Pete

Mr
Glad it’s over
Pen outside the box
Not gonna bleat too much
We ended up chasing the game before we needed to chase it and we’re 4-0 down
Best news the fan being ok
Supporters stayed with the team which is great
Focus on Fulham game then sort away performances after that game
Tough team on Saturday against the best striker
Tonight we didn’t create or get near goal and they were very good at what they did and we didn’t deal with it
Dust ourselves down and not repeat it
Home brilliant away not
Dissect problems so we can perform well away from home
Couldn’t deal with what they had - we have players that can deal with the physical threat but didn’t and ended up running around aimlessly
Game was over at 3-0
Hamer 5th yellow. Robins says silly bookings but he didn’t look right
Can’t miss games through silly bookings. He needs to learn as it affects us
Difficult to turn round but all teams are dealing with it.
Got to recover well obviously some changes made and look forward to the game already to put this behind us

Paxman II

I would add Luton did not have to work too hard for their 5 goal victory either. They took the opportunity and good for them, but it was a night we just were atrocious in every department. I don't expect a fall from grace, even if we lose Saturday. I still expect we will be back to winning ways in short order.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mr
Glad it’s over
Pen outside the box
Not gonna bleat too much
We ended up chasing the game before we needed to chase it and we’re 4-0 down
Best news the fan being ok
Supporters stayed with the team which is great
Focus on Fulham game then sort away performances after that game
Tough team on Saturday against the best striker
Tonight we didn’t create or get near goal and they were very good at what they did and we didn’t deal with it
Dust ourselves down and not repeat it
Home brilliant away not
Dissect problems so we can perform well away from home
Couldn’t deal with what they had - we have players that can deal with the physical threat but didn’t and ended up running around aimlessly
Game was over at 3-0
Hamer 5th yellow. Robins says silly bookings but he didn’t look right
Can’t miss games through silly bookings. He needs to learn as it affects us
Difficult to turn round but all teams are dealing with it.
Got to recover well obviously some changes made and look forward to the game already to put this behind us
He sounded very let down by Hamer

ccfc1234

We have had a great start and even in the games we have lost, we could have got a positive result. Tonight was a huge departure from the City we have enjoyed watching this season. Not in a critical way but Robins needs to have a long think about what went wrong today and why we looked so second best. A bad day at the office from 1-11 or did the Luton manager deploy the perfect game plan? Either way every manager due to play us will be watching a copy of this performance closely.

I would be tempted to start Kelly for Gus not on ability alone but because he can bring and effect the mental side of the game more than others.

SlowerThanPlatt

We have had a great start and even in the games we have lost, we could have got a positive result. Tonight was a huge departure from the City we have enjoyed watching this season. Not in a critical way but Robins needs to have a long think about what went wrong today and why we looked so second best. A bad day at the office from 1-11 or did the Luton manager deploy the perfect game plan? Either way every manager due to play us will be watching a copy of this performance closely.

I would be tempted to start Kelly for Gus not on ability alone but because he can bring and effect the mental side of the game more than others.
He said post match they’re going to have a think in the international break about how we’re setting up away

mark82

I would add Luton did not have to work too hard for their 5 goal victory either. They took the opportunity and good for them, but it was a night we just were atrocious in every department. I don't expect a fall from grace, even if we lose Saturday. I still expect we will be back to winning ways in short order.

Still expect to get something out the game Saturday. Somehow this result makes me feel more like Saturday will be a positive result. 🤷

fernandopartridge

Of course they worked hard you , do you think it's easy to press a team into mistake after mistake?

Sky Blue Harry H

Joking aside. Nice wide pitch at The Ricoh = have used the space well. Tight little pitch at Luton and they bullied us (which was what I'd been afraid of pre-match) hadn't expected quite such a sh*tstorm though! The International break is probably coming at a good time for us tbh.

The Philosopher

Was just about to post exactly the same
Dabo in - yes
Kelly in for Hamer - yes.

I’d mix it up and drop Waghorn and play with a wildcard, someone to play in the hole who Fulham haven’t planned for. Jodi Jones might be such a wildcard, it’s a shame Bright isn’t bright and it’s a shame Shipley isn’t right else it stick him in the middle and O’Hare in the hole.

I do fear that he’ll play Sheaf and he’ll get caught navel-gazing and fall over pretending he’s hurt.

junglej13

Haven't read the thread but the alarming thing tonight was how Luton evidently identified something that Clarke-Salter struggles with. It seemed to be just to get him running towards his own goal. I bet even they couldn't believe how much success they had down him and Maatsen's side. His 1st 45mins is as poor as any I can remember.

Perryccfc

Just home, really disappointing performance. Fair play to Luton though, they looked hungrier and were much more aggressive in everything they did, and actually looked a very good side. We looked like rabbit in headlights. Referee set the tone for the game and gave them all the momentum, pen looked outside the box, and just booked Hamer straight away but let a few of theirs go.

felt odd leaving the ground, I’ve seen us get gashed away from home a few times, seen us be 2/3 down at HT and always felt angry. Tonight I left after about 80 minutes and just didn’t feel too bothered, other than disappointing after the hype. But no anger from me, move on and look forward to Saturday.

Mucca Mad Boys

We are 4th after 10 games. Who would have believed it at the start of the season. Give yourself a day off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and we’ve done very well. But my point is more than fair because it’s something even Robins picked up in his post-match comments.

robbiekeane

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and every single fucking goal was down the left hand side? JCS and Maatsen had an absolute mare. Shocking. Identical ball down that side every time and they just couldn’t deal with it. Robins got to change that up at that point surely

Users who are viewing this thread