Match Thread Luton (A) Wed 29th Sep. 19.45 ko (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Predictions and team

This will be a tough one. Luton score goals but also leak them hence the amount of games that have ended in draws.
For me its the same team as Peterborough and going for 1-1 with O’Hare finally finding the net

wingy

Thing of beauty.
Interesting almost an inverse of last year's plot line to now.

On the match front here form suggests we should approach this with an abundance of confidence.
Luton are marginally around where we were last season.

Philosorapter

Thing of beauty.
Interesting almost an inverse of last year's plot line to now.

On the match front here form suggests we should approach this with an abundance of confidence.
Luton are marginally around where we were last season.

Happy_Martian

Luton were poor in the first half against Bournemouth yesterday but came back into it in the second. Our away form is nothing to write home about (W1 D1 L2) so it's going to be a rough night. Looking at the stats, Luton's home performances rank slightly better than our away ones.

Think the result will come down to converting chances and while we can do it at home (12th man blowing the ball into the net ? :) ), away from the CBS we create enough but aren't scoring. So I'm going 2-1 Luton win, Vik to net his 8th of the season. Luton aren't a dirty side so I'm not predicting red cards.

slowpoke

Luton are one of those dour teams we sometimes struggle with, we are different this season though we can win this.

no_loyalty

I can see Robins freshening things up for this game, I think he might not risk Hamer as we need him for the Fulham game, therefore Kelly to start.

Londonccfcfan

I can see Robins freshening things up for this game, I think he might not risk Hamer as we need him for the Fulham game, therefore Kelly to start.

Nah no chance. This game is just as important. This game is no 1 priority.

Players will have had an extra days rest compared to Lutons.

I can see Waghorn getting a rest. Godden starting with Vik.

Can also see Sheaf coming in for Allen.

Then Waghorn and Allen back for Fulham.

procdoc

Luton were poor in the first half against Bournemouth yesterday but came back into it in the second. Our away form is nothing to write home about (W1 D1 L2) so it's going to be a rough night. Looking at the stats, Luton's home performances rank slightly better than our away ones.

Think the result will come down to converting chances and while we can do it at home (12th man blowing the ball into the net ? :) ), away from the CBS we create enough but aren't scoring. So I'm going 2-1 Luton win, Vik to net his 8th of the season. Luton aren't a dirty side so I'm not predicting red cards.
Haven’t you predicted us to lose every game this season?

shmmeee

Need a win here or away form starts to look pretty grim for a team challenging top six.

Agree with resting Hamer so he’s definitely available for the Fulham game though. Maybe bring Sheaf in but keep Allen for that home game style dynamism. Györkeres partner really depends how the game is going. If we’re playing on the break I’d have Waghorn in, but if we’re dominating then Godden or Walker. That’s assuming Waghorn can’t play three games in a week.

Sick Boy

If he’s going to rotate the strikers, I’d like to see Walker given a chance with Györkeres.
Can’t see Kelly starting either, despite earlier claims by some that he’d walk back into the side, I think he will be a squad player and mostly used off the bench this season.

slowpoke

If he’s going to rotate the strikers, I’d like to see Walker given a chance with Györkeres.
Can’t see Kelly starting either, despite earlier claims by some that he’d walk back into the side, I think he will be a squad player and mostly used off the bench this season.
Leaving Waghorn out didn’t really work v Millwall him in the team creates time and space for Gyokeres and our midfield add to that I’m not sure who of the other two are the best partner for Gyo. Waggy and Gyo works why change

Mcbean

Would rather be gives Gus a rest - will need him for Fulham - someone will be required to man mark Mitrovic

shmmeee

Why are posters who ripped our summer recruitment and predicted relegation fight saying we must win as we are a top 6 side lol

no shame

Is this sub post aimed at me? I never predicted a relegation fight. I predicted mid table. Things change. I’m still predicting mid table cos I think we’ve had an easy start and been held up my amazing home form. If we’re going to challenge top six these are the games we need a win.

At least I only support one team in this division, shouldn’t you be on the Blackburn forum? ;)

no_loyalty

Would rather be gives Gus a rest - will need him for Fulham - someone will be required to man mark Mitrovic

I wouldn’t have mind him being booked in the Peterborough game.

Happy_Martian

Haven’t you predicted us to lose every game this season?

Yes, I've even put in my sig that I'm one of the worst score predictors ever. But if the opposite seems to happen, why change it ? :)

Apologies in advance if I say that we're going to lose the Play Off Final ;)

Sorry. Did you want to query my score prediction (see my reply to procdoc) or that I said no red cards. Would you prefer I predict a red card ?

procdoc

Is this sub post aimed at me? I never predicted a relegation fight. I predicted mid table. Things change. I’m still predicting mid table cos I think we’ve had an easy start and been held up my amazing home form. If we’re going to challenge top six these are the games we need a win.

At least I only support one team in this division, shouldn’t you be on the Blackburn forum? ;)
No, you just called every player we’ve signed shite

clint van damme

Leaving Waghorn out didn’t really work v Millwall him in the team creates time and space for Gyokeres and our midfield add to that I’m not sure who of the other two are the best partner for Gyo. Waggy and Gyo works why change

I'd imagine it's to do with Waghorn not playing 3 games a week.
Though with international week maybe that will be the opportunity to rest him.

shmmeee

I'd imagine it's to do with Waghorn not playing 3 games a week.
Though with international week maybe that will be the opportunity to rest him.

Also maybe the Friday game gives him an extra days rest. I have no idea how fitness works though.

Users who are viewing this thread