1. 1.
    having the characteristics of a hero or heroine

Gazolba

Same old story:
Known to police
Released from prison early
Warned about the risks
When will they learn?
Unfortunately as in so many cases, the innocent public pays the price.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

First victim named.

BBC News - London Bridge attack victim named as Jack Merritt

London Bridge attack victim named

RIP
A coordinator of the event that Khan was attending, i Wonder if the heroic/murderer was at the same event. It would appear the guy with the Narwhal tusk was in the same building and maybe extinguisher guy also. Watching the footage you can't question the bravery shown.

Sick Boy

How many miscarriages of Justice have their been in the last decade which would have meant the death penalty
Why only focus on the last decade? Surely it’d be better to look at those since the abolishment of the death penalty.

Otis

A coordinator of the event that Khan was attending, i Wonder if the heroic/murderer was at the same event. It would appear the guy with the Narwhal tusk was in the same building and maybe extinguisher guy also. Watching the footage you can't question the bravery shown.
Haven't they said that he was indeed at the event?

Astute

No it’s a really good moral maze where we all have opinions based on evidence and experience and none of us a completely correct or completely wrong
Well yes.

A murderer released early on day release helped stop a terrorist known to be a danger released early from murdering more people.

I know why people have a problem agreeing with each other as I can't even agree with myself.

Grendel

No it’s a really good moral maze where we all have opinions based on evidence and experience and none of us a completely correct or completely wrong

It’s hardly a moral maze. One mad lunatic is allowed out of prison and is allowed to roam freely with students. Another odious individual is allowed at the same event. In an attempt at prison style justice the murderer of a disabled girl kills the lunatic

perhaps we should have a killer room in prisons. So this week it’s Rose, Peter, Ian all together armed with clubs and only one can come out. At least we save £74,000 a year

Astute

It’s hardly a moral maze. One mad lunatic is allowed out of prison and is allowed to roam freely with students. Another odious individual is allowed at the same event. In an attempt at prison style justice the murderer of a disabled girl kills the lunatic

perhaps we should have a killer room in prisons. So this week it’s Rose, Peter, Ian all together armed with clubs and only one can come out. At least we save £74,000 a year
But the police shot him dead.

Grendel

clint van damme

The young lads father has said he does not want his son's death to be used to introduce more draconian sentencing.

Just adds to the complexity of an already complex issue.

Johnnythespider

One question that this raises for me is, how often are these clearly dangerous individuals allowed to attend events like this, wouldn't they be better held at secure institutions where those hoping to learn something travel to the event.

Astute

One question that this raises for me is, how often are these clearly dangerous individuals allowed to attend events like this, wouldn't they be better held at secure institutions where those hoping to learn something travel to the event.
My question is was a this a one in a million meeting of two dangerous people meeting that have been released from prison early or are they all over the place.

Sky Blue Pete

I would imagine they happen a lot and nothing like this happens

LastGarrison

And now you have more info

Do you think a murder of disabled girl is a hero?
I’m playing catch up on this thread. But it is semantics, has he done a heroic thing or is he a hero?

Can someone who has served 15 years in jail be rehabilitated? Or no matter what he murdered a girl that girl who had special needs?

If rehabilitation doesn’t work, or we as a society don’t believe it, then why do we do it?

I feel that some of this conversation is detracting that 2 people went to work on a Friday and they have been brutally murdered and will never go home.

Otis

I’m playing catch up on this thread. But it is semantics, has he done a heroic thing or is he a hero?

Can someone who has served 15 years in jail be rehabilitated? Or no matter what he murdered a girl that girl who had special needs?

If rehabilitation doesn’t work, or we as a society don’t believe it, then why do we do it?

I feel that some of this conversation is detracting that 2 people went to work on a Friday and they have been brutally murdered and will never go home.
Yup. Couldn't agree more. No idea why we are trying to score brownie points over a word.

We shall be eternally grateful for all members of the public who intervened, subdued and pinned this terrorist down, therefore allowing the police to act.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep fair comment especially as one of them died giving others a fresh start

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

Not really. Why should we spend money on them?

I wish Patel would announce that once we are out of the Eu then we bring back the death penalty for these people

Why would you want to spend any tax payers money on human toilet like Khan?

You asked for evidence that people had been wrongly executed. It was provided then you asked for evidence of miscarriages of justice for terrorism. It was provided again. Thoughts?

Otis

You asked for evidence that people had been wrongly executed. It was provided then you asked for evidence of miscarriages of justice for terrorism. It was provided again. Thoughts?
This guy was convicted for plotting terror attacks.

Seems Grendel would have liked to have seen him being given the death penalty for that. Where do we draw the line?

What about home grown, Nazi terror plotters? A 16 year old perhaps? Should he been given the death penalty too?

Teenage neo-Nazi convicted of planning terror attack targeting synagogues

Users who are viewing this thread