Line of duty (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

It's risen to "The Bodyguard" level of ridiculouse, and it's losing me. Excerpt from today's Telegraph:

Line of Duty is certainly a show of extremes. During the first half last night we were plied with so much ham that I almost sent out for mustard. What was the point of Kate Fleming and Jo Davidson in that silly, low-budget car chase other than to facilitate a faint Thelma and Louise vibe, Vicky McClure’s Geena Davis to Kelly Macdonald’s Susan Sarandon?

Rather than driving off a cliff, Jo squeezed Kate’s pistol, so to speak, thus lovingly taking the rap for Ryan Pilkington’s killing. When Steve Arnott stepped forward as the two women were held at police gunpoint to say “I didn’t give you up. Neither did the gaffer!” I expected B-movie violins to strike up. Hilarious corn.

fernandopartridge

Good to see a bit of cross network movement, Carmichael of course a former employee at Sun Hill where she played exactly the same character with that exact same irritating tone.

Otis

It's risen to "The Bodyguard" level of ridiculouse, and it's losing me. Excerpt from today's Telegraph:

Line of Duty is certainly a show of extremes. During the first half last night we were plied with so much ham that I almost sent out for mustard. What was the point of Kate Fleming and Jo Davidson in that silly, low-budget car chase other than to facilitate a faint Thelma and Louise vibe, Vicky McClure’s Geena Davis to Kelly Macdonald’s Susan Sarandon?

Rather than driving off a cliff, Jo squeezed Kate’s pistol, so to speak, thus lovingly taking the rap for Ryan Pilkington’s killing. When Steve Arnott stepped forward as the two women were held at police gunpoint to say “I didn’t give you up. Neither did the gaffer!” I expected B-movie violins to strike up. Hilarious corn.
It's always been a bit ridiculous though. I think you just go along with it for the joyride.

D

Deleted member 4439

It's always been a bit ridiculous though. I think you just go along with it for the joyride.

I can only do ridiculous to a certain level. It's why for just a short while I stuck with Andy Thorn but switched off when Russell Slade was hired.

clint van damme

I didn't consider that, but I worked out it can't be him as one of the dead bodies.

I cant see you get James Nesbitt in a show just to have his photos on the wall at a police station.

He has to be in it.

I think there's some sort of law where he has to be in everything.
I love it but if the bbc have any sense they'll be looking to bring it to an end soon but they'll probably try and milk another 25 series out of it

JulianDarbyFTW

This series is very complicated. Getting to the stage where you need to take notes, and that isn't fun. Too many names of incidental characters have been thrown in, and I'm a bit lost with it all tbh. I'm still enjoying it, but I think they have too much information being thrown around, and if I mentally turn off for just 2 minutes then I'm lost.

Saddlebrains

Well looking at the trailer for the finale

Why is Kate in the cutaways of the suspects?

And why is she aiming a gun saying armed police, at what (from the little yoi can see) is Arnott? Will throw the cat amongst if its her

AOM

I reckon the officer on the news who was on about getting politicians out of policing, etc is 'H'.
Especially as he's been in it from the start, and will bring the series full circle

Saddlebrains

I reckon the officer on the news who was on about getting politicians out of policing, etc is 'H'.
Especially as he's been in it from the start, and will bring the series full circle

Yea thats who i said, Osborne. Always been a prick

Reactions: AOM

Saddlebrains

You are right. Can’t be a coincidence she shut down all of hastings’ questions regarding The 4th man

Saw an interesting theory on this earlier.

Carmichael is deep undercover. Gained the trust of Osborne (H) by saying she wants to break up AC12 and head up anti corruption after its downsize.

Whilst all the while gathering all she needs on him and the OCG to bring them down. Hence closing down the questioning. A bit like Snape in Harry Potter being a c**t but turns out he was actually the good guy

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Carmichael is deep undercover. Gained the trust of Osborne (H) by saying she wants to break up AC12 and head up anti corruption after its downsize.

Whilst all the while gathering all she needs on him and the OCG to bring them down. Hence closing down the questioning. A bit like Snape in Harry Potter being a c**t but turns out he was actually the good guy
Interesting take!

Otis

I did wonder that myself. Any of the bad guys might in fact be the good guys and any of the good guys might be the bad guys.

I would have made Ryan Pilkington the chief commissioner just to be on the safe side.

AOM

Could see this happening actually.
She's almost too unlikeable

Bugsy

Hope steve don't forget his appointment with occupational health

Otis

I didn't consider that, but I worked out it can't be him as one of the dead bodies.

I cant see you get James Nesbitt in a show just to have his photos on the wall at a police station.

He has to be in it.
Actually, I have been thinking..... James Nesbitt was in the recently shown Bloodlands, for which Jed Mecurio was executive producer. I guess it is possible that having been cast, Nesbitt did a "favour" and agreed to have his mug shot in LOD.

I do still favour him not being one of the bodies though that were discovered in Spain.

lifeskyblue

I will be happy as long as the ending isnt as daft and unbelievable as when Kate ran faster than an Olympic sprinter across the city for the last 10mins of a series. Be interesting how they tie up all storylines from the previous series.
But I will especially be looking out for a new Hastings ‘one liner’. After this weeks ‘Jesus, Mary , Joseph and the wee donkey’ I wonder how they will try and top it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I will be happy as long as the ending isnt as daft and unbelievable as when Kate ran faster than an Olympic sprinter across the city for the last 10mins of a series. Be interesting how they tie up all storylines from the previous series.
But I will especially be looking out for a new Hastings ‘one liner’. After this weeks ‘Jesus, Mary , Joseph and the wee donkey’ I wonder how they will try and top it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that car chase was as daft as they come.

I couldn't stop rolling my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread