Kitching (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

If someone was headbutting me I would push them back too, why aren't you allowed to defend yourself against thuggery?

no_loyalty

Who makes the decision on the appeal? The match day referee, or somebody further up the chain?

Hertsccfc

The referee was attention seeking all match. Had very little to do but felt the need to be seen and was ultra fussy about where throw ins etc were taken. Absolutely no need to send either player off and should have used common sense especially as the match was over. We've seen much worse comings together in most matches this season.

I think we have had a few good refereees recently but not this one.

Fortunately we have a bit of depth at central defence. Although he has probably been our best player of late there are players who it would have been even worse to lose.

ptr

They are normally pretty quick these days at overturning cards. Hopefully find out today.

chiefdave

If someone was headbutting me I would push them back too, why aren't you allowed to defend yourself against thuggery?
this is a good point actually. we've had people saying that the officials are instructed not to get involved and just observe. Yet at the same time we've had people saying any retaliation at all from Kitching justifies a straight red.

Surely if you're letting things run their course rather than attempting to intervene then you have to expect, and allow for, a certain response. Is it really expected that a player just stands there being repeatedly head butted?

Last edited:

no_loyalty

They are normally pretty quick these days at overturning cards. Hopefully find out today.
Who does the review, the match referee or someone from EFL?

robbiethemole

On the EFL highlights, they specifically told viewers to watch the incident, the big lump Diaby headbutts Kitching as the whistle blows. Kitch is taken by surprise and doesn’t retaliate, then Diaby tries again, then all the players pile in including O’Hare from the bench!
Kitching is the innocent party and Diaby should get banned for more than 3 games.

chiefdave

Who does the review, the match referee or someone from EFL?
is the ref allowed to watch a replay before filing his match report? Robins doesn't really speak about officials but explicitly said yesterday that the ref hadn't seen it which makes me think that's something he's been told by the ref.

could the ref then look at the footage himself and put in his report that he got it wrong?

Frostie

is the ref allowed to watch a replay before filing his match report? Robins doesn't really speak about officials but explicitly said yesterday that the ref hadn't seen it which makes me think that's something he's been told by the ref.

could the ref then look at the footage himself and put in his report that he got it wrong?
No. Report is in. He has cited Kitching for Head to Head Violent Conduct.
Screenshot_20231227-122218.png
I would think we have decent grounds for appeal.

oscillatewildly

The referee was attention seeking all match. Had very little to do but felt the need to be seen and was ultra fussy about where throw ins etc were taken. Absolutely no need to send either player off and should have used common sense especially as the match was over. We've seen much worse comings together in most matches this season.

I think we have had a few good refereees recently but not this one.

Fortunately we have a bit of depth at central defence. Although he has probably been our best player of late there are players who it would have been even worse to lose.
I felt exactly the same about the ref.

MalcSB

its a very specific citation,, and there certainly doesn’t seem to be any head to head movement (Kitching to Diaby) on any of the footage, so any appeal should be upheld.

slowpoke

Because retaliation isn’t allowed in football rules doesn’t matter how many thumps received. This is going to hang on the referees report.

Hertsccfc

its a very specific citation,, and there certainly doesn’t seem to be any head to head movement (Kitching to Diaby) on any of the footage, so any appeal should be upheld.
It doesn't look like Kitching did anything wrong but I am not sure the camera footage is good enough to get him off. The referee was an idiot though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread