Kitching (2 Viewers)

DannyThomas_1981

Lucky the new enforcer KP was nowhere near the scene - it would have made Saudi's heavyweight day of reckoning look like amateur hour with Diaby ending up in the 10th row.

Hobo

On the EFL highlights, they specifically told viewers to watch the incident, the big lump Diaby headbutts Kitching as the whistle blows. Kitch is taken by surprise and doesn’t retaliate, then Diaby tries again, then all the players pile in including O’Hare from the bench!
Kitching is the innocent party and Diaby should get banned for more than 3 games.

Were there any verbals to spark it off though?
It wasn't a nasty game, ok the ref got some fouls for both sides wrong, but it wasn't a nasty game. Surprised a bit of pushing and shoving in the box by both escalated so quickly.

Took me by surprise, some of the players on both sides seemed a bit nonplussed by it all. I can't help but feel there is more to it than meets the eye?

Johhny Blue

The referee was attention seeking all match. Had very little to do but felt the need to be seen and was ultra fussy about where throw ins etc were taken. Absolutely no need to send either player off and should have used common sense especially as the match was over. We've seen much worse comings together in most matches this season.

I think we have had a few good refereees recently but not this one.

Fortunately we have a bit of depth at central defence. Although he has probably been our best player of late there are players who it would have been even worse to lose.
He couldn’t really ignore a head “ butt”

wingy

It wasn't a nasty game, ok the ref got some fouls for both sides wrong, but it wasn't a nasty game. Surprised a bit of pushing and shoving in the box by both escalated so quickly.

Took me by surprise, some of the players on both sides seemed a bit nonplussed by it all. I can't help but feel there is more to it than meets the eye?
The guy was fired up tbf went apeshit after conceding the first.

MalcSB

Wouldn’t matter if there had been some verbals, the Wednesday player committed the offence cited and Kitching didn’t appear to.

slowpoke

If appeal fails is it just still a three match ban ? Sometimes I think it can be extended one game if an appeal is lost.

ccfc1234

Listed as an active suspension on the FA website. Doesn't mean it won't be appealed & overturned though. They'll need conclusive video evidence though.
How quickly is it likely to be looked at, I know fixtures come fast this time of year but surely from a natural justice perspective it has to be before the next match?

Hobo

Wouldn’t matter if there had been some verbals, the Wednesday player committed the offence cited and Kitching didn’t appear to.
You are wrong you can get a red card for verbals and things like spitting at an opponent, things that might not be clear on the videos I have seen?

At the moment it is all speculation and conjecture. So without the full facts non of us are in the position to say whether one or both players are guilty of offences or whether there are mitigating circumstances either way,?

SonofErnie

You are wrong you can get a red card for verbals and things like spitting at an opponent, things that might not be clear on the videos I have seen?

At the moment it is all speculation and conjecture. So without the full facts non of us are in the position to say whether one or both players are guilty of offences or whether there are mitigating circumstances either way,?
I understand the referees report mentions head contact and nothing regarding verbals. If it can proved that no head contact was initiated by Kitching he should be cleared.

shmmeee

Kitching places his head on another players head after being started on: red card

Sunderland thug takes Ben Sheaf out for 2-3 games with a flying headbutt: not even a yellow.

slowpoke

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Kitching did initiate head contact during one of the ‘clashes’. I think an appeal will be unsuccessful
For some reason players seem do that a lot. technically it’s classed as a head butt, might be on thin ice if he has.
I have seen the incident on sky but not very first part, he does nothing in the bit on tv.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread