Kastaneer (4 Viewers)

Magwitch

As RoS said things can happen and change sometimes out of the blue and a player can become star overnight and set up for life. I’ve seen Kasteneer play live twice, at Portsmouth and at Watford I thought his 20 minutes v Pompey he looked okay, Watford poor, but I still say he’s not a useless arse player wise in let’s say the Leigh Jenkinson mould just what Bobby Gould seen there god knows, with Kasteneer there’s a player there.

SlowerThanPlatt

As RoS said things can happen and change sometimes out of the blue and a player can become star overnight and set up for life. I’ve seen Kasteneer play live twice, at Portsmouth and at Watford I thought his 20 minutes v Pompey he looked okay, Watford poor, but I still say he’s not a useless arse player wise in let’s say the Leigh Jenkinson mould just what Bobby Gould seen there god knows, with Kasteneer there’s a player there.

Again he has to get on the pitch which he hasn’t done at any club he’s been at. 11 games a season is good to no one, he’s a waste of time.

fatso

Your a bit harsh on poor Leigh Jenkinson, he had a career with over 250 games played, including around 30 for us.
I can’t see Kastaneer getting anywhere near those kind of numbers.

Happy_Martian

Your a bit harsh on poor Leigh Jenkinson, he had a career with over 250 games played, including around 30 for us.
I can’t see Kastaneer getting anywhere near those kind of numbers.

Agree with both of you but also disagree. "One Trick" Jenkinson was a solid player but he was never outstanding. And most of his appearances were at the start of his career. Of those 250ish games, 130 were before he came to us. And after playing 30 times with Cov, the only time his appearances with 5 other clubs hit double figures were with St Johnstone (67). So you could argue that he had to drop leagues and game quality to achieve them. I liked the guy but he wasn't a class act.

I've argued before that Kasta is a good player. His appearances will exceed those of Jenks and many others, but sadly not with us. His game style is better suited to the more relaxed approach of clubs in Europe. Kasta's biggest problem is that he's been in the shop window with us, showed he can't last or even survive the English game so not many clubs will consider looking at him. I expect him to last out his contract here or it will be ended through mutual (financial) consent.

capel & collindridge

A lot of nonsense here about Kasta having hardly played any games. I guess it was his record of appearances in top division Dutch and German teams that led to his very high FIFA ranking.

Kastaneer (aged 24): Games Top Tier: 52 2nd Tier: 31 Lower Tier: 19 All Internationals: 21 TOTAL 123 (16 goals)

Fank Dabo
(aged 25): Games Top Tier: 34 2nd Tier: 28 Lower Tier: 32 All internationals: 11 TOTAL 130 (1 goal)

Liam Walsh
(aged 23) Games Top Tier: 2 2nd Tier: 22 Lower Tier: 51 All internationals: 9 (?) TOTAL 84 (6 goals)

SlowerThanPlatt

A lot of nonsense here about Kasta having hardly played any games. I guess it was his record of appearances in top division Dutch and German teams that led to his very high FIFA ranking.

Kastaneer (aged 24): Games Top Tier: 52 2nd Tier: 31 Lower Tier: 19 All Internationals: 21 TOTAL 123 (16 goals)

Fank Dabo
(aged 25): Games Top Tier: 34 2nd Tier: 28 Lower Tier: 32 All internationals: 11 TOTAL 130 (1 goal)

Liam Walsh
(aged 23) Games Top Tier: 2 2nd Tier: 22 Lower Tier: 51 All internationals: 9 (?) TOTAL 84 (6 goals)

Your stats do not consider Dabo (2017 first loan) and Walsh (2016 first loan) spent years at clubs they were never going to play at. Walsh has only had 4 seasons of playing senior football and the same with Dabo. Kastaneer has had 8.

capel & collindridge

Your stats do not consider Dabo (2017 first loan) and Walsh (2016 first loan) spent years at clubs they were never going to play at. Walsh has only had 4 seasons of playing senior football and the same with Dabo. Kastaneer has had 8.
That is partly my point. Kastaneer must have started his senior career as a 16 year old, Walsh as a 19 year old and Dabo as 21 year old. It seems to be less a question of him never going to have a career, but that his career started very early and now seems to have stalled as his early promise has not really been fulfilled. But he is still only 24 and he clearly has ability. He seems to lost his desire.

fatso

Fank Dabo

Liam Walsh
Digging around to find some sort of figures to desperately back up a failing argument is totally pointless.
There's only 1 fact that matters, and that's that he isn't going to feature under MR!
He's throwing his own career away, while taking up a squad place that could be given to a younger talent who actually gives a shit and can be bothered to keep himself fit.

shmmeee

I imagine he’s totally free to go if anyone wanted him. It suggests no one does.

Digging around to find some sort of figures to desperately back up a failing argument is totally pointless.
There's only 1 fact that matters, and that's that he isn't going to feature under MR!
He's throwing his own career away, while taking up a squad place that could be given to a younger talent who actually gives a shit and can be bothered to keep himself fit.

What are you on about? If you’re talking about how many appearances he has the appearance data is kind of key.

Skybluefaz

I doubt Robins is going to hold any youngsters back because of the presence of Kastaneer.

capel & collindridge

I doubt Robins is going to hold any youngsters back because of the presence of Kastaneer.
To MR's credit, he doesn't seem be holding back the youngsters. He may even be using Kastaneer as an example of what happens if you don't train hard to use your talent.

Whereas Shipley has played a full season in League 2, two in League one and now looks set to be fully involved as squad member in the Championship by training hard and raising his game season by season to match the improvement in the quality and level at which the team is playing.

There is less than a year between them in age, but Kastaneer's career is going the other way, despite succeeding early on. I think it was STP who said the younger players don't reckon Kastaneer. They must see he's wasting his talents and that makes them all more determined not to waste theirs. Maybe he's MR's secret weapon after all!

fatso

I imagine he’s totally free to go if anyone wanted him. It suggests no one does.

What are you on about? If you’re talking about how many appearances he has the appearance data is kind of key.
I'm making the point that he ain't good enough.
The fact that he may have previously played more games than Walsh or Dabo is irrelevant, he just needs to be moved on (easier said than done, I know)
We could give an opportunity to someone else once he's gone.

SlowerThanPlatt

The club can’t just shun him while he’s under contract as they have a duty to keeping him fit. Either his contract gets terminated/a club buys him or he will play in the Under 23s for the foreseeable future

Reactions: PVA

Skybluefaz

To MR's credit, he doesn't seem be holding back the youngsters. He may even be using Kastaneer as an example of what happens if you don't train hard to use your talent.

Whereas Shipley has played a full season in League 2, two in League one and now looks set to be fully involved as squad member in the Championship by training hard and raising his game season by season to match the improvement in the quality and level at which the team is playing.

There is less than a year between them in age, but Kastaneer's career is going the other way, despite succeeding early on. I think it was STP who said the younger players don't reckon Kastaneer. They must see he's wasting his talents and that makes them all more determined not to waste theirs. Maybe he's MR's secret weapon after all!
Sure. We're seeing Blaine Rowe and Bapaga in and amongst it now so I think the road map for talented youngsters is clearly still there.

AFCCOVENTRY

International transfer window shuts tonight. Last chance for him to move as I can’t see any English team taking him.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread