Kastaneer (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

So why sign a lad who’s record for playing is so poor surely we seen there is issues with the lad before offering a 3 year deal 🤷🏻‍♂️

lord_garrincha

If we could add one more player to the squad it would be someone who has all the ingredients that Kastaneer has. Pace, power and skill. Such a shame they can't get hold of him and set him straight. The potential for him is huge.
I'm sure I've seen this before, but with word Bakayoko replacing Kastaneer.

dplzll

What does MR do with him ? , played 23's yesterday dragged after 60 mins at 2-0 down , we go onto win 3-2 and the sub scores 2 ! . Obvious he doesn't give a toss and is quite happy to see out his 3-4k a week contract , an option would end it now by mutual agreement and get rid of the waste of space , give the kids there opportunity in the development /23's

jordan210

What does MR do with him ? , played 23's yesterday dragged after 60 mins at 2-0 down , we go onto win 3-2 and the sub scores 2 ! . Obvious he doesn't give a toss and is quite happy to see out his 3-4k a week contract , an option would end it now by mutual agreement and get rid of the waste of space , give the kids there opportunity in the development /23's

I love all the assumptions around this. I doubt being two down was down to him after all its a team game. Dragged off ? could have been a routine sub. Waste of space and happy to see his contact out. Have you asked him ?

The constant slagging off of our of our players is getting a joke. The fat jokes and so on.

He is clearly liked around the dressing room shown when he assisted in pre season and the reaction of the players.

Currently there is an issue somewhere. he has not settled or his attitude looking at his history he does seam to have issues with game time and injury. But non of us know this.

Only Kasta can answer this and make the changes to be coming successful player for us.

But the constant personal attacks on him have to stop. its embarrassing the way some of you lot talk about him.

Last edited:

fatso

I love all the assumptions around this. I doubt being two down was down to him after all its a team game. Dragged off ? could have been a routine sub. Waste of space and happy to see his contact out. Have you asked him ?

The constant slagging off of our of our players is getting a joke. The fat jokes and so on.

He is clearly liked around the dressing room shown when he assisted in pre season and the reaction of the players.

Currently there is an issue somewhere. he has not settled or his attitude looking at his history he does seam to have issues with game time and injury. But non of us know this.

Only Kasta can answer this and make the changes to be coming successful player for us.

But the constant personal attacks on him have to stop. its embarrassing the way some of you lot talk about him.
Ooh this reminds me so much of Kevin Kyle!
In the end we were proved right.

dplzll

Yes could have been a routine sub , saving his legs for ?????.

jordan210

Ooh this reminds me so much of Kevin Kyle!
In the end we were proved right.

why he is our player. Signed by the king(according to a crowdfunded flag) he can be criticised but not personally insulted.

of he leaves it’s fair game

Mucca Mad Boys

So why sign a lad who’s record for playing is so poor surely we seen there is issues with the lad before offering a 3 year deal 🤷🏻‍♂️

If he was good and we signed him on a 1-2 year deal, we'd complain about the lack of a contract. In the transfer market, we in some and lose some.

SlowerThanPlatt

How many other players have had the Kastaneer treatment in Robins tenure? I can’t think of any and that speaks volumes

The likes of Bright, Nazon and Clarke Harris were divisive characters apparently but were still used for the period they were at the club

Last edited:

Magwitch

Why terminate his contract ? We would have to pay him off unless he puts a transfer request in. He is contracted for another two years which has been budgeted for so might aswell keep him and use him at U23 level may be sub now and again and you never know he might surprise and come good.

Nick

Administrator
How many other players have had the Kastaneer treatment in Robins tenure? I can’t think of any and that speaks volumes

The likes of Bright, Nazon and Clarke Harris were divisive characters apparently but were still used for the period they were at the club

Hiwula

SlowerThanPlatt

Why terminate his contract ? We would have to pay him off unless he puts a transfer request in. He is contracted for another two years which has been budgeted for so might aswell keep him and use him at U23 level may be sub now and again and you never know he might surprise and come good.

He would have to get on the pitch first something he hasn’t done regularly at any of his previous clubs. It’s not a CCFC issue with how they’ve handled him it’s a Kastaneer issue

Ring Of Steel

He would have to get on the pitch first something he hasn’t done regularly at any of his previous clubs. It’s not a CCFC issue with how they’ve handled him it’s a Kastaneer issue

This guy is in a line of work where if he just focussed & got his head straight he could potentially be in a position to set himself up for life in just a couple of years- some consistency, a few good performances on the trot followed by a big move is all it would take. Footballers who never made it because of attitude as opposed to lack of ability must have some massive regrets later in life when they're struggling financially & having to work 'normal' jobs at 50.

fatso

12 years and counting & you have one example to highlight, well done.
Where did I say I was trying to highlight examples???
I simply stated, that the post reminded me of the Kevin Kyle situation.
Is that really such a hard concept to grasp?
Was there any need for the sarcasm?

Skybluedownunder

Junior Brown did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

He has never really looked the part. He scored the great goal against Bristol Rovers and looked sensational in his ten minutes as a sub at home to Doncaster. But in the games he has started that I have seen, Watford, Rotherham, Nuneaton he has been anonymous. I think he also played and was subbed for Jodi Jones in the Checkatrade game at MK, Jones doing much more in his 15 minutes on the pitch, first game back from his second ACL.
Why has he been so poor? Initially it was speculated that he wasn't fit but that can't be the case now. I don't understand how any player could go and and deliberately not give of their best, particularly when they should be trying to impress at a new club. Maybe he just isn't good enough?

SlowerThanPlatt

He has never really looked the part. He scored the great goal against Bristol Rovers and looked sensational in his ten minutes as a sub at home to Doncaster. But in the games he has started that I have seen, Watford, Rotherham, Nuneaton he has been anonymous. I think he also played and was subbed for Jodi Jones in the Checkatrade game at MK, Jones doing much more in his 15 minutes on the pitch, first game back from his second ACL.
Why has he been so poor? Initially it was speculated that he wasn't fit but that can't be the case now. I don't understand how any player could go and and deliberately not give of their best, particularly when they should be trying to impress at a new club. Maybe he just isn't good enough?

He has been a professional footballer since 2012 and played 88 games

Fairly sure Jodi Jones is at over 100 and hasn’t played for 3 seasons

BornSlippySkyBlue

As others have said the thing with binning him off is his contract. If he was a divisive character in the changing room, maybe there would be a reason, but we’re told the players all like him as a person, just not as a player. Therefore he’s unlikely to have a negative effect by us keeping hold and praying he comes good, (apart from displacing other players — but that’s Robins’ call).

His history doesn’t inspire much confidence he will turn it around mind, but what else do we do with him? L1/2 loan? Who to?!

Users who are viewing this thread