Kastaneer (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I'm not expecting him back or anything but it's weird seeing him in all the training vids the club have put up. I'd have though MR would bomb him out or at least not spend the money to take him up to Scotchland.

skybluesam66

Maybe he will turn it around
Remember Adebola -the ultimate figure of fun before he went off on loan - Came back and we all loved him
Could Kastaneer be the new Adebola

Liquid Gold

Remember Adebola -the ultimate figure of fun before he went off on loan - Came back and we all loved him
The first and last time I saw someone being properly racist at city was someone doing the monkey bollocks at Adebola in the West Terrace.

PVA

I can't actually see it happening, but I would love for him to make an impact this season.

SBAndy

Well I think there could be a player in there and worth preserving with for a while he’s on contract so what is there to lose. You never know.

Listening to the interview with Bakayoko, he raves about Kastaneer’s ability so definitely a player in there. Just needs to focus. Could come good but I’m not holding my breath.

Paul Anthony

Was it against Bradford that Reid wanted to bring Adebola on, to a chorus of boo's and jeers. And yet, when he came on, he was running their defence all over the place and getting cheered!

clint van damme

In my opinion any professional athlete that lets their fitness go as much as he has is a wrong un.

Grendel

Hope they’ve stocked up on deep fried Mars Bars

Offhegoes

There were flashes last year. Maybe the promotion will kick him into gear. With his size, perhaps he should be considered up front

Magwitch

There were flashes last year. Maybe the promotion will kick him into gear. With his size, perhaps he should be considered up front
There was I think of the Portsmouth away game upto his comical sending off he was a real handful for the Pompey defence.

gspotgaz

I can’t see how he’ll ever have much of an impact, especially now a division above.

He has some decent physical attributes but he just sprinted around with his head down trying to pull shots off from ridiculous angles..., he’ll be a goner I think

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Unless his attitude is affecting the other players and squad cohesiveness I'm fine with keeping people involved.

Maybe he isn't the hardest worker in the world (I don't know) but that doesn't instantly mean he's disruptive. Maybe infuriating because others think he could be doing better but it doesn't mean he can't be likeable.

It's if he was getting picked for the team while not trying hard that would get under my skin more, but MR isn't doing that so I reckon it's fine.

Mr Panda

I'd like to see him get a run out of sorts in pre-season. Though I imagine it's difficult to change MR's mind once it's been made up.

CCFC54321

Don’t think he will be here start of the season if someone’s prepared to take him off our hands. No way should a professional athlete be in that shape to play 90 mins. Unforgettable when he was warming up at MK dons.

CovLis86

I'm hoping the covid and promotion combo might kick him into gear. Shouldn't be the case with a professional but maybe seeing how many players will be without a club over next couple of years he might buck his ideas up and there is definitely a player in there, and if focused he could have good squad impact. Let's see how preseason fairs.

fatso

Some players take a while to settle in a new country, but from now on he has no excuses, he has had more than enough time to get himself fit and ready for the new season, and the championship is a good level to play at, so there should be no motivational problems for him.
I’d back him till Christmas, but if he hasn’t impressed by then, he should be offloaded, or loaned out till the end of his contract.

Happy_Martian

In my opinion any professional athlete that lets their fitness go as much as he has is a wrong un.

Fitness is about strength of mind and if he's suffering (depression, homesick etc), that can be a feeder for other symptoms.

Nick

Administrator
Thing is, so many people comment on players being fat etc but their fitness levels are still miles above ours and sometimes it can be muscle / their build.

I remember Gary Deegan when he played for us, he looked tubby but took his shirt off after a game and was like a machine. Akinfenwa, bloke is a knob but he's not fat.

KersleyDigs

He knows Hamer well, so hopefully he will help him settle in at least. He might even benefit having Hamer around too. Be less homesick (if that has been an issue)

jordan210

Thing is, so many people comment on players being fat etc but their fitness levels are still miles above ours and sometimes it can be muscle / their build.

I remember Gary Deegan when he played for us, he looked tubby but took his shirt off after a game and was like a machine. Akinfenwa, bloke is a knob but he's not fat.

People would say Traore at wolves would be slow due to his size. But he is rapid. Not sure why our fan base think they are all sport scientists.

Maybe we should give him a chance this season

Users who are viewing this thread