Just had a strange phone call (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

I’d also dispute we were in control, bar the first 15-20 minutes. Derby were able to get at us far too easily in wide areas and they did have a few gilt-edged chances, as Brighton mentions. Let’s put this into context, that Derby team have scored 2 goals from open play all season, and they weren’t bereft of chances against us. Yes, there is an element of poor finishing but if the system is as solid as some swear by then we shouldn’t be giving up the chances we did tonight.

Also lazy to say that we looked good because we had chances and a goal disallowed. The disallowed goal was from a free kick - could have been playing 8-1-1 and that chance still comes. And one of the chances at the very least was due to a defensive cock-up on their part. Yes, 2 other chances we should have probably scored but if we’re relying on scoring every chance we get, it tells me we’re not creating enough.

Crosses headed away=dangerous

Chances from set pieces, =lazy and lets ignore

You lot keep crying no one gives s fuck about your anyasis. Keep being proven wrong anyway

lifeskyblue

Last night was a poor performance and we got out of jail with Hamer’s strike. Both sides had decent chances rather than either defence being dominant. Our shape ensured we gave up space and time to derby and surrendered the midfield very early on. Personally I thought it was our worst performance so far this season against what was a poor side (albeit we made them look comfortable and neat).
Having said that the ‘usual’ CCFC would have gone into the game against bottom of the table expecting a win and coming away with nothing. I thought Walker was far too isolated...the midfield just didn’t get forward in support. Shippers seemed lost most of the night and unsure what his role was. Mccallum didn’t have his best game; he looked tired and was left exposed (shippers just didn’t get in position to support him) against their best player (right back). Dabo also didn’t bring his usual energy to the game. Kelly had a good first half and has shown he is consistently good, if unspectacular, at this level.
I thought Robins had it right first half in keeping it tight but could have been more adventurous as the game progressed.
Overall I’m happy with where we are at the minute and we don’t look out of place in this division. Bournemouth and Brentford have outplayed us (and Blackburn after the Rose dismissal) and I believe we are progressing well and I’m looking forward to see how we go in the next run of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

Not really. Look at the opposition we’ve faced - Blues and Derby in particular are awful in attack. Norwich had no strikers. Again, lazy to look at it as a binary thing. And that’s before we get to the fact that we played 3 at the back v Norwich.

Opinions,opinions
I disagree with yours but heyho
PUSB

covcity4life

We’re going around in circles allowing double standards for some posters but not others. That’s what’s frustrating me more with this whole area of debate
Don't do it then, just talk to me lol

We have played all top 7 and some playoff hopefuls too

Can't out down everytime we win

And if want to look at loss to forest need remmeber was a last second penalty. Very nearly got away point there too

We are fighting hard to stay up. Should be proud not angry

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't do it then, just talk to me lol

We have played all top 7 and some playoff hopefuls too

Can't out down everytime we win

And if want to look at loss to forest need remmeber was a last second penalty. Very nearly got away point there too

We are fighting hard to stay up. Should be proud not angry

I’m angry at being told I want us to lose every week and that I take some pleasure from it. Regardless of whether or not folks disagree with me I do want us to have a good season, we just have different views on how to achieve it.

stupot07

I think the 3 games where we switched to 5-3-2 had us a lot more threatening and for the most part our defence wasn’t being carved open as much as people were making shocking mistakes. I feel the balance has gone too far the other way and we afforded Brum and Derby in particular too much respect. At Norwich we had quite a forward thinking game plan to exploit their weak bench. At Derby it seemed very passive and he waited for us to go behind late before he changed it.

Derby had 3 sitters and should’ve had a penalty, our defensive weaknesses were still there just not exploited. I don’t think that warrants me being called clueless
Its interesting that in the last 4 games, we have only scored 1 goal with a lone striker and that was the Cardiff gift wrap chance that walker expertly finished. Norwich (biamou, walker) and last night (Biamou, baka) goals we had 2 strikers on the pitch putting their defenders under more pressure. Coincidently both goals were after a goal down and both were in the c90th minute.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 11652

Its interesting that in the last 4 games, we have only scored 1 goal with a lone striker and that was the Cardiff gift wrap chance that walker expertly finished. Norwich (biamou, walker) and last night (Biamou, baka) goals we had 2 strikers on the pitch putting their defenders under more pressure. Coincidently both goals were after a goal down and both were in the c90th minute.

And those goals turned into points. When we play 3-5-2 we have to score twice to have a chance of a draw. Grendel is right we would have been relegated conceding 85+ goals playing that way

stupot07

And those goals turned into points. When we play 3-5-2 we have to score twice to have a chance of a draw. Grendel is right we would have been relegated conceding 85+ goals playing that way
Those games were against top half terms and the sp called 'free' hit sides. We've just played out of form Cardiff, Birmingham and bottom of the league 1 win all season Derby. And a lot those goals have been individual errors, 4 when down to 10 men, etc.

Should we go defensive against Wycombe next week?

cc84cov

Those games were against top half terms and the sp called 'free' hit sides. We've just played out of form Cardiff, Birmingham and bottom of the league 1 win all season Derby.

We will probably go defensive against Rotherham and Wycombe hoping to Nick it 1-0 @Barnsley seems to be spot on tbh with his prediction

clint van damme

Results wise yes

So improving results isn't enough?
You want silky attacking football coupled with defensive solidity?
Well so does every football supporter in the world but the reality for most of us is it isn't going to happen.

Especially for newly promoted teams with a small budget.

D

Deleted member 11652

Those games were against top half terms and the sp called 'free' hit sides. We've just played out of form Cardiff, Birmingham and bottom of the league 1 win all season Derby. And a lot those goals have been individual errors, 4 when down to 10 men, etc.

Im not so sure about that. We played Forest who are relegation battlers and conceded twice. It was clear Reading were in a false position. They had numerous injuries and we still conceded twice.

We beat Cardiff who have hardly struggled since playing us and most importantly not lost to Derby side who were desperate for a win. I would continue to play the way we are playing yes, it would be suicide not to.

Also, I don’t believe we’ve had a man sent off playing the 3-5-2 so can’t blame the 10 men on that. Although we did show the shame defensive frailties with the box midfield

steve cooper

I've just been looking for some pre-season relegation betting odds, most have been updated now but from what I can find, and from memory very few if any bookies were tipping Derby for relegation before the season started. That usually can be taken to mean they have been underperforming in relation to the squad of players they have. Most people seem to have written off Rooney as a manager but it seems to me he could be getting some of their problems sorted out, and they will now possibly climb the table.
That would put last night's game in a totally different light.

Grendel

Cardiff are hardly out of form they’ve scored 10 goals in 3 big wins recently

SlowerThanPlatt

Why cant everybody be pleased with our progress
2 to 3 years ago we would have been absolutely delighted to have just drawn 1-1 with Derby and Norwich in the Championship.
Get a f`ing grip everybody !!

Not a go at you but don’t understand these things. Sheffield United would be happy with being a middling Championship club a few seasons ago, doesn’t mean their fans are happy right now. We’ve earned our right to be in this league

D

Deleted member 11652

Why cant everybody be pleased with our progress
2 to 3 years ago we would have been absolutely delighted to have just drawn 1-1 with Derby and Norwich in the Championship.
Get a f`ing grip everybody !!

Because apparently we were guaranteed to beat Derby and Birmingham playing 3-5-2.

D

Deleted member 11652

Not a go at you but don’t understand these things. Sheffield United would be happy with being a middling Championship club a few seasons ago, doesn’t mean their fans are happy right now. We’ve earned our right to be in this league

Gotta be happy with our league position and being unbeaten in 4 though?

Users who are viewing this thread