Just had a strange phone call (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Because apparently we were guaranteed to beat Derby and Birmingham playing 3-5-2.
More chance than playing this negative shite getting lucky against a team who scored 2 goals a far from open play 🤣 we got lucky against both teams mentioned

D

Deleted member 11652

More chance than playing this negative shite getting lucky against a team who scored 2 goals a far from open play 🤣 we got lucky against both teams mentioned

Yeah because the old system was working so well

cc84cov

Yeah because the old system was working so well
It needed tightening he’s took it too far and killed all our attack,it’s also no coincidence now he’s let Kelly back in we are more solid.The entire budget was on 532 play it and use Hamer Kelly and sheaf...Shipley and O’Hare are impact subs at best

cc84cov

I don’t think it’s sustainable but you can’t dismiss the upturn in results
Kelly has made a huge difference mate we have to play wing backs and play our 3 best midfielders we can’t have sheaf on the bench ahead of Shipley as we want to play a system it isn’t gonna last we’ve got lucky he’s done the entire budget 532 we leaked goals due to individual errors and
Now he’s took it way too far to the point we nearly lost to a team last night who have scored 2 from open play all season

Ccfcisparks

The only way we are going to stay up this year is by playing how we have the last few games. It's not going to be pretty, or comfortable, but its the only way we are going to stop conceding goals and sneak results.

SlowerThanPlatt

Kelly has made a huge difference mate we have to play wing backs and play our 3 best midfielders we can’t have sheaf on the bench ahead of Shipley as we want to play a system it isn’t gonna last we’ve got lucky he’s done the entire budget 532 we leaked goals due to individual errors and
Now he’s took it way too far to the point we nearly lost to a team last night who have scored 2 from open play all season

Again there is an awful lot of luck you are attributing to our results - unlucky teams usually end up getting relegated

SlowerThanPlatt

It needed tightening he’s took it too far and killed all our attack,it’s also no coincidence now he’s let Kelly back in we are more solid.The entire budget was on 532 play it and use Hamer Kelly and sheaf...Shipley and O’Hare are impact subs at best

You say all attacking threat is killed but in another post you say O’Hare missed 2 sitters last night

cc84cov

Almost like he changes his mind about things depending on what other people say isn't it 😂
Find where I said sitters I’ve said he bottled them 2 chances in the 6 yard box

look on the matxh thread I said he bottled it and shit himself all night and today 😁he’s massively over rated on here

mr_monkey

1 header he should of scored the other 2 he bottled it,that system last night with Shipley and O’Hare won’t keep us up

Yet we've got 4 points using it, are unbeaten in 4 games and are 4 points clear of the relagation zone, is working ok to me

We have to except that this season we won't be playing the fluid attacking football of last season due to the quality of the opposition, we tried it and ended up shipping a load of goals

It's not going to be pretty but the only aim this season is to stay up and it doesn't matter how we get it done

cc84cov

Yet we've got 4 points using it, are unbeaten in 4 games and are 4 points clear of the relagation zone, is working ok to me

We have to except that this season we won't be playing the fluid attacking football of last season due to the quality of the opposition, we tried it and ended up shipping a load of goals

It's not going to be pretty but the only aim this season is to stay up and it doesn't matter how we get it done
Let’s see where it takes us me personally I don’t see it keeping us up I don’t see how we will score enough in it,Using a system with 2 AM who are not good enough is it gonna cut it it’s gonna get shown up soon we’re better now as Kelly is back it was individual errors thst done the other system,

SlowerThanPlatt

We should of lost last night and against Brum this luck won’t last much longer you’ll all see

What we played before was relying on us scoring 3 goals to win a game. What we’re playing now relies on conceding no more than 1 a game.

Neither are sustainable and have faults, a mix of both would be ideal, but you can’t deny even if you think it’s through good fortune results have been better

cc84cov

What we played before was relying on us scoring 3 goals to win a game. What we’re playing now relies on conceding no more than 1 a game.

Neither are sustainable and have faults, a mix of both would be ideal, but you can’t deny even if you think it’s through good fortune results have been better
Interesting against Rotherham who play 532 and press high and hard if we have no outlet to win headers we could be in trouble Saturday I think we lose to them

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
We should of lost last night and against Brum this luck won’t last much longer you’ll all see
From the Derby forum's match thread -

Not sure we were unlucky, they had the clearer chances. Draw about right for me.

Don't think we can realistically say we deserved a win

Lucky to get a point.

lets face it everyone can say hard done too but that game was even. We didn't deserve a win any more than them. They had a goal chalked off a header they should have scored and other chances.

We didn't look like scoring, then out of the blue we did.

And avoiding bias on both sides -

Not to depress you guys anymore but get rid of any of that internal bias that tells you we deserved to win. They nudged it in the expected goals department.

steve cooper

It seems to me, this system is only to stop the rot and get the goals against sorted out so that the players don't lose too much confidence.
And it has worked.
If we can pull away from the relegation zone we can go back to a more attacking system with the knowledge that we have an alternative system if too many goals start going in again.
Wycombe are undoubtedly worse off than us but a similar system has seen them lose only 1 in the last 5.

bawtryneal

Not a go at you but don’t understand these things. Sheffield United would be happy with being a middling Championship club a few seasons ago, doesn’t mean their fans are happy right now. We’ve earned our right to be in this league

Yep and if you speak to any intelligent Sheffield United fans they are realistic about where they sit in the football pyramid. They over performed last season, have spent no money this season, so will get relegated
Are they happy, NO. But they are realistic about progress
3 seasons ago we were messing around in League 2. Where is our "real position" in the league table based on investment, turn over and future potential. I would suggest it is about where we are now. Mid table Championship at best
Would I like us to win the Champions League, of course.
I live in and around all the footballing fraternity of South Yorkshire and fully understand "things" as you put it but unless you are a child you have to be realistic about your dreams.

DannyThomas_1981

I hear what you are saying STP.

This is my counter view though for what it's worth:

-We played 3 at the back on Saturday, finally with a fit Kelly and Dabo. Through this system, Dabo and Giles excelled and we made the top team in the league look very very ordinary. Norwich were very lucky to escape with a draw. In my view it was our most complete performance of the season.

-We switched to 4-5-1 last night. Through this system we completely negated two of our best players in Dabo and Giles. We looked disjointed and gave up control for significant periods of the game. Walker was isolated. We made the worst team in the division look good. In this game, we were very lucky to escape with a draw against the worst team in the division.

As you say no system is perfect. But with the players we have in our squad I know which system I prefer and I know which game we performed best in.

TomRad85

But we all agree 'the box' can fuck off right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

From the Derby forum's match thread -

Not sure we were unlucky, they had the clearer chances. Draw about right for me.

Don't think we can realistically say we deserved a win

Lucky to get a point.

lets face it everyone can say hard done too but that game was even. We didn't deserve a win any more than them. They had a goal chalked off a header they should have scored and other chances.

We didn't look like scoring, then out of the blue we did.

And avoiding bias on both sides -

Not to depress you guys anymore but get rid of any of that internal bias that tells you we deserved to win. They nudged it in the expected goals department.
At least their fans are bias to say deserved win

Ours are bias to say we are shit lmao

DannyThomas_1981

But we all agree 'the box' can fuck off right?

I agree with that 85. My preference for this team and the players we have is a 3-5-2 with a midfield 3 of Kelly/Hamer/Sheaf or even Kelly/Hamer/O'Hare for certain game times. I know that O'Hare missed the target yesterday but I still rate him highly.

TomRad85

I agree with that 85. My preference for this team and the players we have is a 3-5-2 with a midfield 3 of Kelly/Hamer/Sheaf or even Kelly/Hamer/O'Hare for certain game times. I know that O'Hare missed the target yesterday but I still rate him highly.
O'Hare is an excellent player. He can't currently finish his dinner but that can be worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread