Judicial review thread - day 2 (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Guilty secret - I have got a bottle of champagne (actual champagne, not your Cava muck) on ice, ready for the possible CCC victory in this case. As much as I don't want to tempt fate by saying this, the exchanges on the CT website don't read at all well for SISU.

All preparation for the big party when SISU feck off and we march back into the Ricoh heads held high!

The same happened in the other case with the judge continuously dragging SISU back in line only to call it a draw.

Godiva

@sub

Thanks for helping this thread by posting updates and feeds. Helped keep us all up to date :claping hands:

If someone could now clean the thread up and remove everything irrelevant to the case ...
Would make it a 3 or 4 page thread - easy to read and worth going back to for references in the future.

spider_ricoh

no. It would be nice if the verdict went so: Yes, ccc didn't follow correct procedure, but the deal was sound. Bollockings all round and a strongly worded summing up that this case should never have been brought in the first place and that the parties should sort out their differences through serious negotiation instead of clogging up the legal system. There is a purpose built football stadium in coventry and sisu own a football club called " coventry city ". No brainer.

No right to appeal. Now f*ck off!

yes!!!!!

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
The court also heard how a £400,000 Ricoh rent deal was agreed in principle between the club and ACL in January 2014 but the council QC said this was later rejected by the club.

... 2014???

That should say 2013. Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Sorry to say but this is poor reasoning from a normally good poster.

It really isn't.

Anybody who focusses on one event as game changer is wrong. It's the Great Man version of history.

An event can be a catalyst, or a cog... but it is not the be-all and end all.

And yes, the number of threads deciding the JR will mean after it concludes that either straight away:

CCC will sell to SISU, we'll move back, it'll be sweetness and light or;

SISU will run for the hills, offer a fabulous deal to a wonderul benefactor who will move us back to the RIcoh and all will be sweetness and light.

Says many do see it in isolation as the event.

A comment about the probablility of winning the case, incidentally, doesn't mean the case itself will change everything in isolation. It's people reading that into it that does so.

Last edited:

Astute

It really isn't.

Anybody who focusses on one event as game changer is wrong.

An event can be a catalyst, or a cog... but it is not the be-all and end all.

And yes, the number of threads deciding the JR will mean after it concludes that either straight away:

CCC will sell to SISU, we'll ove back, it'll be sweetness and light or;

SISU will run for the hills, offer a fabulous deal to a wonderul benefactor who will move us back to the RIcoh and all will be sweetness and light.

Says many do see it in isolation as the event.

A comment about the probablility of winning the case, incidentally, doesn't mean the case itself will change everything in isolation. It's people reading that into it that does so.

I noticed you missed the rest of my post out and then used your own words to make it look like I said something else.

You said 'tbf, it's only fans who have been building this up to the big event.'

I replied with 'Sorry to say but this is poor reasoning from a normally good poster.

You say it is us fans that have built this up. So it is nothing to do with Labo and Timothy and the comments they have made? It was them that built it up so much. One of them made out that they were 90% sure of winning once, but couldn't ever be 100% sure on a court case. Many of us have been waiting for something big...if not all of us.....after the comments they have been making. This is what got it all built up to the big event.

Most of us are not expecting something to happen quickly. We have a minimum 2 years left of an agreement to play in Northampton. A minimum 2 years more of trying to send ACL to the wall :facepalm:'

Well I hope Sisu lose and the League press ahead with the sanctions , they laid down ! If They do lose they have some hefty payouts to make aswell !!

Sba180

Guilty secret - I have got a bottle of champagne (actual champagne, not your Cava muck) on ice, ready for the possible CCC victory in this case. As much as I don't want to tempt fate by saying this, the exchanges on the CT website don't read at all well for SISU.

All preparation for the big party when SISU feck off and we march back into the Ricoh heads held high!
What if SISU feck off and pull the plug on the club and leave us high and dry? Strong possibilty in my opinion

The real issue is where does the club go from here. The council will never satisfy new owners goals regarding the Ricoh let alone the present ones.

Lets hope they are dumb enough to build a new ground - otherwise we are dead.

How do you know what the Council will do? Never say never.

Grendel

What about now?

Tomorrow apparantly when the council smash sisu and force them to come crawling back.

Hope I get my seat back.

Danceswithhorses

Its fascinating to see where the anger is directed.

The fact that the club were accountable for 75% of its value and were paying 100% of the mortgage doesn't bother anyone. I'm speechless.
Some might say 'if only'
Not me though, i couldn't possible comment ;)

Last edited:

Astute

Tomorrow apparantly when the council smash sisu and force them to come crawling back.

Hope I get my seat back.

We all know that won't happen. What Joy wants is the freehold handed over. It would be state funding if that happens. And we all know that Joy is against state funding.

Astute

You mean the bit where FIsher said the JR wasn't actually relevant to us coming back?

Or the bit where there was a long term plan regardless?

I'm implying exactly what I said, the evidence is in front of your nose!

And you can't remember anything that they said before that?

Astute

I am presenting the other bits that you choose to ignore...

Because you want to take the bits that suitan argument that the JR is built up, thus proving my point!

So you say that we have been going on about the JR for ages but come out with the most recent comments from them and ignore the ones we have been debating for ages.

TheOldFive

So, in less than 24 hours the Judicial Review will be complete; we shall have a judge's summing up, and as likely as a directive on any remedy or costs, an Appeal lodged or being considered by one party or another.

I don't think anything changes materially as a result of any of this.

But, I do wonder whether over the next 24 hours the penny might drop with some of the Sisu protagonists. Is there any chance that the Judge might find the words to resonate with Joy to make her realise that cutting her losses now in the face of overwhelming Council and Supporter antipathy is the only sensible least cost option? The empty seats at Northampton, the protest marches, the huge majority opinion against her folly hasn't convinced her yet, might this be the best last chance for her to realise that the game's up?

Sitting there for three days confronting the reality that when presented out in the open her case is as empty as the Sixfields terraces might just make her realise the truth that her current course of action provides no good end for anyone.

I'm particularly interested too in how this will be interpreted by the Football League. If the outcome suggests that the Sisu case has been spurious and the whole sorry dispute has been a pantomime then will the FL reconsider their allocation of The Golden Share? Might a penny drop there too?

Astute

They're notthe recent comments!

They're just the comments ignored!

Considering they have made lots and lots of comments it would have been hard to mention even a tenth of them. And most were on the lines that I mentioned and not that the JR is more or less useless for us.

J

Jack Griffin

Anagram games. Well, we might be a cranky bunch but we've still got a bit of class.

Slightly bizarre moment during the recent break. Got into a conversation with Pat Abel (Tickets for Schools and all round CCFC hero) & Joy just outside the ladies loo re: JS being chased by photographers yesterday. She seemed to think the whole episode was a bit weird.

(Back in court. Pat's handing round the mints now.)

I don't understand why she would think that, it is pretty obvious that the papers would want to get a decent picture of her, especially as no one had got one of here before.
I reckon it is a (minor) journalistic coup for the telegraph. At the end of the day she is clearly a person of public interest.

It seems to me like the weirdness occurred when she tried to hide behind a magazine & an umbrella, if she'd had let the photographer get a piccy then she could have gone on her way.. and also a posed picture would have presented her in a more normal manner, now what she has is an image of someone who wants to hide.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccfcway

we are CCFC.

Anyone else just a little concerned that something bad is going to happen tomorrow ?

ccfcway

might be completed wrong, but the only bit i could see so far that has a major relevance to this case is...........

- SISU QC said that EU state law says state aid can only be granted when an independent valuation is made and when the EU is informed of any state aid action. SISU QC says these steps weren’t followed. Judge says that the points the SISU QC has raised ‘aren’t controversial.’

- SISU QC referred to case law in EU state aid pointing to examples from Copenhagen, Denmark and Uppsala, Sweden, where EU state aid was rejected at local levels under competition laws. The fact that the stadiums attracted an international audience was sufficient to bring them in breach of European state aid rules.

J

Jack Griffin

Nothing in these two days has changed my mind that the Sisu strategy is totally incompetent. In God's name, what ARE they doing?
If they'd just play nice, negotiate, build bridges, pay a decent price for what they want. Build the club, get the fans on their side (that's asking a lot I know). They must be losing so much money, and for what? Somebody tell me.
They're sitting on a goldmine, if only they'd take a slightly longer term view, let's say 3 or 4 years. CCFC fans are so desperate for a tiny upward turn, if we had a good season next season, at the Ricoh, really pushing for promotion, they'd make money. We'd forgive the odd star player going for a good price if they replaced them. (Thinking back to the Scott Dann/Danny Fox way of looking at it). 3 or 4 years, getting back to Championship (The 2nd Division in my book) maybe building a top end team. & I'm not talking about overspending stupidly either.
It ain't rocket science.
Instead we have this niggardly cheapskate approach.
Go on Tim/Joy, have a go at it. You know it makes sense.

Yes if they acted as partners in a symbiotic relationship they could build each other up, but it has become a zero sum game & one side or the other will end up with nothing and the other side will get the lot.

olderskyblue

Which is kind of my point...

It seems to me that there were a few who were building this up as if they had some "inside knowledge" and then the expectation begins. Whoever fed them this "inside knowledge" has made them look pretty stupid so far. Didn't one poster even claim he had seen written evidence? All of this was supported by comments from ML suggesting the same wasn't it? (until more recently)

Anyway, when people start throwing those things around, it's not surprising that others on the forum build it up to be more than it seems to be. have to say though, I don't think most saw the JR as a game changer, especially as most saw it as round 1 in a series of further appeals.

shmmeee

Has Alan authorised your article for tomorrow's CET yet Simon?

Grendel and RobS's Conspiracy List

John Mutton
PWKH
Ann Lucas
Joe Elliot
Gary Hoffman
PHIV
Chris West
ACL
Every current member of the Labour Party
Every current Conservative Party councillor
Every person ever employed by the council
70% of SBT posters
90% of CCFC fans
The Sky Blue Trust
The CET
Family members of the above
OSB

Have I missed anyone?

Last edited:

shmmeee

Gotta agree with NW, this as a "big event" is mostly our doing. It's always been played down by Sisu.

However, the idea that info would come out has (IMO) been played up by ML and (to a lesser extent) Fisher over the months. Not to mention posters on here who are close to them/have met them.

Hence the question really. Only mild snarkiness, I genuinely want to know if people were told stuff that didn't come to pass, or if something came out that was what convinced them.

Users who are viewing this thread