Judicial review thread - day 2 (2 Viewers)

Astute

Grendel and RobS's Conspiracy List

John Mutton
PWKH
Ann Lucas
Joe Elliot
Gary Hoffman
PHIV
Chris West
ACL
Every current member of the Labour Party
Every current Conservative Party councillor
Every person ever employed by the council
70% of SBT posters
90% of CCFC fans
The Sky Blue Trust
The CET
Family members of the above

Have I missed anyone?

What about the comments against OSB from Rob S?

Astute

Which ones?

So you missed them? Most of us on here didn't as he was pulled up on them enough times. Like trying to make out he had a big involvement in Higgs/ACL.

skybluetony176

Grendel and RobS's Conspiracy List

John Mutton
PWKH
Ann Lucas
Joe Elliot
Gary Hoffman
PHIV
Chris West
ACL
Every current member of the Labour Party
Every current Conservative Party councillor
Every person ever employed by the council
70% of SBT posters
90% of CCFC fans
The Sky Blue Trust
The CET
Family members of the above
OSB

Have I missed anyone?

Andy Thorn

NorthernWisdom

Hence the question really. Only mild snarkiness, I genuinely want to know if people were told stuff that didn't come to pass, or if something came out that was what convinced them.

I will give you my view, and risk some more camply below the belt insults ;)

In all the clamour for information on meetings with Labovitch, I was keen to keep a silence for this very reason - if he said anything that would come out in the future then, well, it would come out in the future - I have no desire to be somebody's mouthpiece. I still maintain he didn't say anything worth repeating however so... the fact there's nothing particularly exciting in this JR follows my view and lends credence to it, eh? ;)

You could take out of those meetings whatever you want to really... the same as you could with whoever you meet. My own view is there are clearly some major issues that need to be dealt with on the city council side... that doesn't automatically make SISU an innocent naive victim in all this, however! It's hard, very hard, to believe anybody reaches a position of some authority by being naive and innocent, life experience says you need a certain ruthlessness to climb the greasy pole, so claiming you're passive hard done by victims is hard to believe in such circumstances... When it comes down to it however I have a simple motto of distrust everyone ;)

What surprises me more with this, is the Higgs case did get juicy, did offer some issues of concern (talk of media assaults etc.) and based on that, you start thinking this case will be similar, that SISU would use it to hammer home those particular elements which, if played right, could indeed swing public opinion.

Rationally, and now with the benefit of hindsight, it's daft to think that as this is after all procedural, and little but procedural. As such, the wider conspiracy theories don't really belong in a case like this one, do they?
What would be interesting is why two of SISU's arguments were dropped before they even got there. Could indeed be they were baseless, could be they were dropped as part of a deal to be made after the event, could be they'd prejudice the judge against the more serious arguments etc. etc. but, to me, that's the question I'd like answered.

And of course it's the question that never will be answered!

fernandopartridge

How much would that value go up if the council choose to extend the lease to say 99years for the princely sum of £1.00?

Seems to me the the council are in full control of the value of a company that the Coventry tax payer owns half off. That sounds like a good investment to me on behalf of the Coventry tax payers.

It's irrelevant as to whether it's a good investment or not. It's a weak argument really.

shmmeee

I dunno, I get the impression local government is to The West Wing what Dad's Army is to the SAS.

It certainly attracts some nasty people, but they tend to not be particularly effective, and those that are nasty and effective are also usually doing something else (or Tories ;))

Edit: @NW

martcov

I will give you my view, and risk some more camply below the belt insults ;)

In all the clamour for information on meetings with Labovitch, I was keen to keep a silence for this very reason - if he said anything that would come out in the future then, well, it would come out in the future - I have no desire to be somebody's mouthpiece. I still maintain he didn't say anything worth repeating however so... the fact there's nothing particularly exciting in this JR follows my view and lends credence to it, eh? ;)

You could take out of those meetings whatever you want to really... the same as you could with whoever you meet. My own view is there are clearly some major issues that need to be dealt with on the city council side... that doesn't automatically make SISU an innocent naive victim in all this, however! It's hard, very hard, to believe anybody reaches a position of some authority by being naive and innocent, life experience says you need a certain ruthlessness to climb the greasy pole, so claiming you're passive hard done by victims is hard to believe in such circumstances... When it comes down to it however I have a simple motto of distrust everyone ;)

What surprises me more with this, is the Higgs case did get juicy, did offer some issues of concern (talk of media assaults etc.) and based on that, you start thinking this case will be similar, that SISU would use it to hammer home those particular elements which, if played right, could indeed swing public opinion.

Rationally, and now with the benefit of hindsight, it's daft to think that as this is after all procedural, and little but procedural. As such, the wider conspiracy theories don't really belong in a case like this one, do they?
What would be interesting is why two of SISU's arguments were dropped before they even got there. Could indeed be they were baseless, could be they were dropped as part of a deal to be made after the event, could be they'd prejudice the judge against the more serious arguments etc. etc. but, to me, that's the question I'd like answered.

And of course it's the question that never will be answered!

I would have thought that we at least find out which two and then we can start speculating....... and if a deal suddenly appears we may be able to even deduce what happened... but as you say, we will never know for sure.

NorthernWisdom

I dunno, I get the impression local government is to The West Wing what Dad's Army is to the SAS.

It certainly attracts some nasty people, but they tend to not be particularly effective, and those that are nasty and effective are also usually doing something else (or Tories ;))

Edit: @NW

One could of course argue the whole mess we're in suggests nobody has been particularly effective ;)

And yes, the most effective ones tend to end up higher up in politics than discussing the budget for the Art Gallery and roads!

NorthernWisdom

True that. Though to be honest, I still think Lucas has done a good job with a shit situation.

No, I agree. She's certainly done her best to steer the middle ground and not offend either side...

tbh I can well believe at the end of the day this comes down to cultural clashes (not even ideological!) that on the one hand we have a decisive US businesswoman involving herself more, who's used to having the control to make quick, swift decisions (and indeed needs to do that, to make a success of what she does when not distracted by a football club).

On the other hand, she's then dealing with a council who... certainly don't go for the granting power to make decisions in the hands of one person, and who certainly don'tmake decisions quickly!

Put like that, it's not hard to see how relationships would begin to break down, is it? They wouldn't be the first either, it's just a football club's a little more high profile.

And it doesn't make either approach right or wrong just... different.

dongonzalos

Tomorrow apparantly when the council smash sisu and force them to come crawling back.

Hope I get my seat back.

I think you would get a seat for life.

I am still unsure as to whether you are a council plant.

Every post from you ends up in 15 posts defending the council and they end up coming out with a shining halo.

Just like RFC is a Ricoh Arena Plant ;)

shmmeee

It quite possibly makes either approach right or left though ;)

Edit: @NW (apparently I have forgotten how to quote. Off to rename myself SBK.)

NorthernWisdom

It quite possibly makes either approach right or left though ;)

Back to your previous barb ;) I remember years ago an interview with Teddy Taylor. He effectively said he hung around with the Labour MPs as they were nice people, whereas the Tories were self-centred bastards... it was just unfortunate he believed the Tory policies were the way to help people worse off, much as the Labour MPs wanted.

A rare shining light in a cesspit of toss!

And as for right or left... Tory councils don't deal with things any faster or more decisively! I speak from experience there(!)

Grendel

Don't know if you missed it, but there were directly to him in a Reply With Quote. Like I said, just handbags.

Well he accused him of bias. That's legitimate as his posts are. Has he met PWKH? I think so.

Either way OSB is by a country mile the most skilful poster on this forum and I have huge admiration.

That is not sarcastic by the way.

shmmeee

Well he accused him of bias. That's legitimate as his posts are. Has he met PWKH? I think so.

Either way OSB is by a country mile the most skilful poster on this forum and I have huge admiration.

This is just my pedantry here, I don't think it was a big deal at all, but the quote was:

RobS said:
OSB: Just to check. Is it ACL you do work for or AEHC?

But agreed, he handles his superstar status well too, which frankly just adds to it :D

I also read all his posts in the voice of Morgan Freeman.

DazzleTommyDazzle

He didn't actually accuse OSB of bias. If he had, he would have left himself open to being asked to provide some evidence for the claim.

Instead he indulged in some rather poor mud slinging.

Not really worthy of RobS who is generally worth reading.

The Gentleman

Would you sooner ignore and forget it?

Jesus christ, with you around that's not likely to happen is it? At what point do you move on, you sound like a bit like Labovitch constantly going back over old ground which will never allow us to move forward? Despite all the bad things that have happened to this club you still feel the need to bring it up regardless of the fact that two far lower offers have been made since.

Samo

I thought I was your favourite! :whistle:

stupot07

Jesus christ, with you around that's not likely to happen is it? At what point do you move on, you sound like a bit like Labovitch constantly going back over old ground which will never allow us to move forward? Despite all the bad things that have happened to this club you still feel the need to bring it up regardless of the fact that two far lower offers have been made since.
I keep bringing it up? We only found out about it today Ffs.

And it directly relates to the JR, which is why it was mentioned in court today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Gentleman

I keep bringing it up? We only found out about it today Ffs.

And it directly relates to the JR, which is why it was mentioned in court today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I am on about the original rent you keep bringing up and that someone else pulled you about it today too.

stupot07

I am on about the original rent you keep bringing up and that someone else pulled you about it today too.

What are you on about? 1) That wasn't even today it was nearly 2 weeks ago (30/05/2013, http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/45443-Rent-Money-owed-to-ACL-rumour/page29) and that was only because I was responding to someone else who had mentioned it first, and 2) the £400k was mentioned today because it's relevant to the JR, which is what this thread is about. 3) We didn't know that is was a 3 year only deal. 4) the subsequent rent offers have no relation to the decision of the council to bail out ACL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread