Judicial review thread - day 2 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

What has really annoyed me since this hearing started yesterday is that SISU in some way have admitted that the Stadium was it's prime interest and the football club was just gun fodder for them to use against ACL.

I honestly starting to wonder whether the relegation to league one was engineered by them in order to strengthen there bargaining hand.

There has been no apathy shown by the owners to our football club (Coventry City Football Club EST 1883).

Its fascinating to see where the anger is directed.

The fact that the club were accountable for 75% of its value and were paying 100% of the mortgage doesn't bother anyone. I'm speechless.

Grendel

And we were promised so much. Such an anti-climax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Alan authorised your article for tomorrow's CET yet Simon?

bigfatronssba

The real issue is where does the club go from here. The council will never satisfy new owners goals regarding the Ricoh let alone the present ones.

Lets hope they are dumb enough to build a new ground - otherwise we are dead.

That's opinion Grendel, not a fact.

Sky Blue Dal

The fact that the club were accountable for 75% of its value and were paying 100% of the mortgage doesn't bother anyone. I'm speechless.

Maybe we wouldn't if SISU had negotiated in a civilised manner don't you think. Daniel Levy has managed it and so have other club owners.

bigfatronssba

Most of us direct our anger at the people who voluntarily decided to move our club to Northampton.

bigfatronssba

Actually, serious question now, but why do you think so many direct their anger at Sisu?

bigfatronssba

What is it then ML wanted to "get out in the open"? Because Sisu's whole case seems to just be a replay of all the snide remarks they made over the last few months.

bigfatronssba

And also rfc is full of shit!!!

Where's all the crap he was going on about. Plonker!!

Some posters like him just love to make themselves look stupid.

For the record I am not saying Sisu have lost, they may well win, I am not a legal person so I cannot tell how this case is going.

However I can say with confidence that nothing new relevant to state aid has been released into the public domain by sisu.

James Smith

More like Cov v Bristol in '77 :D

When going to the Boro cup replay away I met a Sunderland fan who came close to punching my lights out when he worked out I supported City. The connecting train turned up at the right moment and I made my escape.
That's the magic of the cup.

bigfatronssba

When going to the Boro cup replay away I met a Sunderland fan who came close to punching my lights out when he worked out I supported City. The connecting train turned up at the right moment and I made my escape.

I have family up that way so used to go up there quite a lot. 99% of the population are bitter and twisted about everything in the world.

stupot07

Simon. Re: point 4 things we learnt today

4. Sisu and ACL had been negotiating a £400,000-a-year rent deal which the court was told was shaken on by Coventry City chief executive Tim Fisher only for Joy Seppala to reject it.

Didn't we already know this? Handshake gate was discussed 12-18 months ago. The only bit of new information was that it appears to have been just a 3 year offer with the rent returning to £1.3m following that period but you seem to have mentioned that bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Gentleman

4. Sisu and ACL had been negotiating a £400,000-a-year rent deal which the court was told was shaken on by Coventry City chief executive Tim Fisher only for Joy Seppala to reject it.

Didn't we already know this? Handshake gate was discussed 12-18 months ago. The only bit of new information was that it appears to have been just a 3 year offer with the rent returning to £1.3m following that period but you seem to have mentioned that bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Doesn't matter about not mentioning it Simon, because I knew we could rely on Stupot to remind us as I'm sure he will again and again and again and again.....................and again.

spider_ricoh

Guilty secret - I have got a bottle of champagne (actual champagne, not your Cava muck) on ice, ready for the possible CCC victory in this case. As much as I don't want to tempt fate by saying this, the exchanges on the CT website don't read at all well for SISU.

All preparation for the big party when SISU feck off and we march back into the Ricoh heads held high!

Astute

So, for those who've been saying "wait until the JR", has what you expected come out from Sisu or were there things you expected that haven't been mentioned?

So much was made by a few on here on bits of emails used against Higgs. I have been waiting for a mention of those.

I am similar to many others and been trying to work out how the loan could be unlawful. It was a loan that covered another loan that was lawful. There was a European grant paid once all funding was in place. So this was all within EU laws. The SISU line was that it wasn't. I wasn't sure at all on what line of attack SISU would use. It all seems like a lot of crap to me. Still waiting for the 'smoking gun' as expected.

Why the f^ck have we been in Northampton if this is their only argument? It looks like to me that they have used scare tactics that didn't work. And this will have cost either SISU or our football club many millions if it don't work. And it will do nothing to bring our club home unless Joy swallows her pride and brings or club home.

The Gentleman

So, for those who've been saying "wait until the JR", has what you expected come out from Sisu or were there things you expected that haven't been mentioned?

Unfortunately Shmmeee, I think that most of the people your comment was aimed at will probably say they missed it due to it being buried in all of these pages. From what I have heard/read so far there has been nothing new revealed and certainly no smoking gun (or anything even close) and in fact it just seems rehashed crap that we have been fed before. Sisu could have probably just used Labovitch's interviews and gave them to the judge to continue on their cost cutting.

Edit: Astute just beat me to the punch.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

Not wishing to shirk responsibility but Keith writes those ;)

Also "learnt" probably isn't quite right. It's more a highlights thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

So will there definitely not be a verdict tomorrow, or can the judge decide there and then?

ccfcway

How cynical. I'm sure the taxpayers will all be seeing massive improvements in public services. Solihull eat your heart out - Coventry is the place to be.

cant have it both ways Grendal......

It cant be a "nice little eaner" for the council, as your are hinting, and a few pages back hinting the loan was a dreadful deal for the council !

NorthernWisdom

Why the f^ck have we been in Northampton if this is their only argument?

tbf, it's only fans who have been building this up to the big event.

Always dangerous to assume one thing will change things drastically, it is but a cog in the wheel. Whenever the shift comes it won't be one thing that does it but a series.

And that goes for both POVs.

martcov

The real issue is where does the club go from here. The council will never satisfy new owners goals regarding the Ricoh let alone the present ones.

Lets hope they are dumb enough to build a new ground - otherwise we are dead.

That is a sweeping statement not based on any known facts - largely because it is set in the future. You don't know the goals of future owners - it's hard enough trying to work out what SISU hope to gain from this crap. You don't know whether the council may change their attitude towards the Ricoh as a result of this fiasco either.

And, no, they are not dumb enough to build a new ground and no, we are not dead - not far off though. The "Pie in the Sky" stadium was only invented to reduce the value of ACL and to help with the arguments at this JR. ( I don't know this either - but show me proof of the stadium building. The value of ACL is effected by the anchor tenant being there or not, according to the SISU argumentation here ).

M/S Garlick can cancel the curtains if SISU loose this JR.

spider_ricoh

When sisu first heard announced the JR application, it looked like a desperate, short-sighted, petty, vindictive, spiteful, shameful act.

And that's exactly how it looks now as well.

dadgad

I honestly starting to wonder whether the relegation to league one was engineered by them in order to strengthen there bargaining hand.

).

Yes, this was evidently the case. The FL should have investigated this as to undermine the sporting potential of your own club is surely illegal? We're there any big bets on us going down?

RegTheDonk

@sub

Thanks for helping this thread by posting updates and feeds. Helped keep us all up to date :claping hands:

edit: and rob and simon, but they've been mentioned already

Last edited:

Astute

tbf, it's only fans who have been building this up to the big event.

Always dangerous to assume one thing will change things drastically, it is but a cog in the wheel. Whenever the shift comes it won't be one thing that does it but a series.

And that goes for both POVs.

Sorry to say but this is poor reasoning from a normally good poster.

You say it is us fans that have built this up. So it is nothing to do with Labo and Timothy and the comments they have made? It was them that built it up so much. One of them made out that they were 90% sure of winning once, but couldn't ever be 100% sure on a court case. Many of us have been waiting for something big...if not all of us.....after the comments they have been making. This is what got it all built up to the big event.

Most of us are not expecting something to happen quickly. We have a minimum 2 years left of an agreement to play in Northampton. A minimum 2 years more of trying to send ACL to the wall :facepalm:

Godiva

martcov

Are we back at the Ricoh yet?

No. It would be nice if the verdict went so: Yes, CCC didn't follow correct procedure, but the deal was sound. Bollockings all round and a strongly worded summing up that this case should never have been brought in the first place and that the parties should sort out their differences through serious negotiation instead of clogging up the legal system. There is a purpose built football stadium in Coventry and SISU own a football club called " Coventry City ". No brainer.

No right to appeal. Now f*ck off!

Users who are viewing this thread