Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

Hobo

TM said he is one for next season, but maybe that is a ruse.

Don't be daft Otis, he hasn't been signed to get us promotion; that was Joe Cole.

It doesn't matter whether this guy performs next season or even the season after..it would be good business.

For him to turn our season round would be like winning the lottery so lets not even go there. Let's not destroy him before he starts.

rupert_bear

Well 54 years ago a young 18 year old was given his chance on our left wing by Jimmy Hill because the "new" signing, Bobby Laverick, wasn't up to it that was Ronnie Rees. Took the bull by the horns and transformed the position, he came from our youth team this Jodi Jones has established himself in the Dagenham first team one division below

phildownunder

Well 54 years ago a young 18 year old was given his chance on our left wing by Jimmy Hill because the "new" signing, Bobby Laverick, wasn't up to it that was Ronnie Rees. Took the bull by the horns and transformed the position, he came from our youth team this Jodi Jones has established himself in the Dagenham first team one division below

Yes that was an example of that magic ingredient good managers have - a bit of luck. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Rees initially wrote to the cub asking for a trial. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Pipehitterz

Even if he's for next season,,I'd throw him in Friday , we have fuck all to lose right now , and you never know.

Besides , this season we've had no problem playing Armstrong every game , Madison and Ryan .

Why all of a sudden stifle this one?
Owen ripped the world stage apart at 18 and many more before and after him

Stick him in and Sack off Cole pronto , I'm sure of Shit that he'll be better on the Wing than the geriatric

rupert_bear

In fairness Mowbray has said he is more for next season and obviously he is, TM hasn't said he won't be used this season. The fact we nabbed him before the loan deadline suggests to me he may get a chance this season just lets not expect miracles

Otis

Don't think people are expecting miracles to be honest, just that he could form some bit part in the last 9 game campaign, even if it is just from the bench for the last 15-20 mins or so.

Skyblueweeman

If it really is the case he's in the plans for next season and not this one, it seems a little strange.

Not saying he isn't going to be a good signing, because none of us really know at this point, but surely we need someone to come in and add strength to the team now?

We've got 10 massive games, and certainly our lacklustre attacking midfielders need to be put under pressure in their positions to get the best out of them. If Jones is just going to sit in the reserves, then surely we've got our priorities all wrong right now?

You could say the same about Norwich and Maddison though. They could've bought someone else to help their bid for survival but have bought one for the future.

Skyblueweeman

What I.don't get is why the emergency loan if we aren't using him?

The transfer window is shut so we cannot sign him so it makes sense. Bring him in on loan with a view to a permanent move so we stop others from poaching him. Good bit of business.

Otis

Yes, I think so, because Jodi Maggio was a baseball player.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I have mine as soon as I get up. Could be down the Bran Flakes though. Smooth as silk.

I changed to Bran Flakes after Xmas and I have to say it doesn't half make your jobi shine. When I need to go I'm afraid to sneeze now unless I'm on the throne.

TMI?

AFCCOVENTRY

The team today was bloody awful but Jones put in a decent 45mins to show what a danger man he could be for us next season. Let's hope the deal to sign him on a perm is set in stone and a championship club doesn't come in for him. He is a talent.

Gazolba

What's the betting Mowbray drops him for the next game?

Otis

Not sure you can drop a sub can you?

If he doesn't start with him it doesn't mean he is dropped. He can now only be dropped if he is not on the bench.

covcity4life

Looked slick today. Our new x factor to replace kent. He must become a mainstay in squad

Bad night but confident we will get close to top 6

Users who are viewing this thread