Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

He will be a bit like Murphy in and out of games but having him and Murphy gave us back some of the early season pace.

Grendel

The lad is class

Again you go over the top creating expectation.

A lot of work to do on him before he is really ready for regular first team action. He does have pace but the system we play requires defensive support which will be hard for him.

At least he looks like a wide player and got to the bi-line more than lameries has all season.

Otis

Again you go over the top creating expectation.

A lot of work to do on him before he is really ready for regular first team action. He does have pace but the system we play requires defensive support which will be hard for him.

At least he looks like a wide player and got to the bi-line more than lameries has all season.
Yep. We got about 30 mins out of him. How can anyone make such a definitive opinion of him based on such a short cameo.

JimmyHillsbeard

A very promising start but on the basis of the D&R YouTube video, the highlights of the u21 game and yesterday's 2nd half I hope he will develop more variety than running down the right eing and cutting in on his left foot.

rupert_bear

Looked okay and in a fully functioning forward line will be a real asset, Murphy up a bit when he was on, not brilliant but had a bit more room to play. But Jones is only one aspect of our forward line and that is what he is a forward not a midfielder tracking back and that's where it could fall down for him he will be expected to pick the ball up deep. Our whole team set up needs looking at in my opinion.

dongonzalos

Yep. We got about 30 mins out of him. How can anyone make such a definitive opinion of him based on such a short cameo.

We got 45 minutes out of him and yes that is a very short time to judge a player.
However it was quite clear in that 45 minutes he has the attributes to rip defenders at this level apart.
The only thing that could stop him doing so will be himself mentally either attitude or confidence.

A rare moment Grendel is right about something though. If he gets used as an out and out winger he would be quality but that probably won't happen with us.
Will be interesting to see the match where
Mads/Cole, Arm, Murphy and Jones play. He looks a clear replacement for Kent.
Just hope the deal is watertight

skybluetony176

Had chance to watch the game now and have to say I thought Jodi's performance was purposeful. Pretty much everything he did he did for a reason and when he wasn't scoring a hat trick he was bringing something to the game, creating space, passing well, running into space and then doing something with it rather than the frustrating aimless runs and crosses we were used to last season.

It was a mature performance from him, hopefully he's now come of age and long may it continue.

Gazolba

Had chance to watch the game now and have to say I thought Jodi's performance was purposeful. Pretty much everything he did he did for a reason and when he wasn't scoring a hat trick he was bringing something to the game, creating space, passing well, running into space and then doing something with it rather than the frustrating aimless runs and crosses we were used to last season.

It was a mature performance from him, hopefully he's now come of age and long may it continue.
All of which means he'll probably be sold sometime later in the season.

Grendel

The fact dongle has only seen fit to bump this thread twice in over 2 years says all we need to know

oucho

better days

The fact dongle has only seen fit to bump this thread twice in over 2 years says all we need to know

There have been plenty of other threads on this subject
Some think he's a young player with potential
Others don't
Time will tell

Otis

He's certainly a lot mote of a threat these days.

Previously there had been pretty zero end product to his play. Now he's at least putting his foot on the ball and thinking about what he's doing.

Grendel

Looked a class above on his debut.
Still does.
Should be playing in the league above at least.

He did last season. Oddly you never bumped the thread then - why?

Terry Gibson's perm

At this time this level suits him unfortunately it's still above the level of a couple of the others.

better days

He did last season. Oddly you never bumped the thread then - why?

He only really played under Mowbray at the beginning and Robins at the end of the season
Under Venus and Slade he hardly featured except as a late sub to try to rescue what was usually a hopeless situation
He's now started every competitive game this season and is learning the men's game which is very different to age group football
His team mates and opponents rate him even though some of his own supporters don't

It's noticeable that there are some contributors who won't praise any player wearing sky blue but prefer to find fault at every opportunity
Incredibly Doyler gets a slagging from some even though he is the antithesis of the players who are accused of 'not caring'

Warwickhunt

The individual training of Jones is paying off! He is starting to look a player now who is playing for his team mates

fernandopartridge

Jones has bulked out a bit, he's most effective when he drops in the hole rather than hugging the touchline.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He only really played under Mowbray at the beginning and Robins at the end of the season
Under Venus and Slade he hardly featured except as a late sub to try to rescue what was usually a hopeless situation
He's now started every competitive game this season and is learning the men's game which is very different to age group football
His team mates and opponents rate him even though some of his own supporters don't

It's noticeable that there are some contributors who won't praise any player wearing sky blue but prefer to find fault at every opportunity
Incredibly Doyler gets a slagging from some even though he is the antithesis of the players who are accused of 'not caring'

He made 45 appearances last season

Grendel

I think he started in 17 League games approximately and was sub in 23 or so last season
Let's see how things continue this term
Maybe you'll be proved right

I think he's capable in this league and will inevitably be one of our better players.

I don't think he'd be a regular in a strong league one team and above that he'd struggle.

A different class - whatever that means - probably not.

Adge

I think he's capable in this league and will inevitably be one of our better players.

I don't think he'd be a regular in a strong league one team and above that he'd struggle.

A different class - whatever that means - probably not.
A different class Jodi Jones? Na, think you mean Prince Charles.

Gazolba

He's our leading scorer with four times as many goals as the next person.
That's good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread