Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
to be fair stokes and martin were shite last year, stokes was always getting caught out of position or in possession and every time martin went near the ball it went out of play, BUT credit where its due both have been very good this season under the guidance of mogga.

Think that's a bit harsh on Stokes considering the step up he was taking in terms of divisions without the proper fitness level requirement. Martin I can't argue with as he was poor despite having been in the league before, and above

stupot07

I think he's going to be involved with the U21s most likely. On the site it says he'll be training with the U21s tomorrow and possibly playing against Bristol City on Tuesday for them.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him before the end of the season, he's played 32 times for their first team this season in league two. Only turned 18 in October.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Wouldn't be surprised to see him before the end of the season, he's played 32 times for their first team this season in league two. Only turned 18 in October.

which is only a league lower than us so he should be ready fairly quickly

the other good bit was that TM is planning for the future which hopefully means that he plans to be here

Last edited:

Grendel

to be fair stokes and martin were shite last year, stokes was always getting caught out of position or in possession and every time martin went near the ball it went out of play, BUT credit where its due both have been very good this season under the guidance of mogga.

Stokes was much better than Haynes the minute he stepped on the pitch last season.

Terry Gibson's perm

It does make me laugh how the club release these deals just after everybody has gone home at the telegraph so everything they ever report is old news.

Calista

which is only a league lower than us so he should be ready fairly quickly

the other good bit was that TM is planning for the future which hopefully means that he plans to be here

Yes, and Mark Venus refers to "the project we're building here". I know talk is cheap and we've heard it all before, but it's still good that they are talking in those terms.

johnwillomagic

Well we are where we are and this is sort of signing we have to make now, take a chance and hopefully will be very shrewd business,
He does have good league experience for an 18 year old.....my only concern is it is for a team who have had an atorcious season in league two and are heading for the conference. If he could not turn their fortunes around not sure he can ours but he will be with better players and TM is good with younger players. Wish the lad luck and hope he tuns out to be a gem!

stupot07

Well we are where we are and this is sort of signing we have to make now, take a chance and hopefully will be very shrewd business,
He does have good league experience for an 18 year old.....my only concern is it is for a team who have had an atorcious season in league two and are heading for the conference. If he could not turn their fortunes around not sure he can ours but he will be with better players and TM is good with younger players. Wish the lad luck and hope he tuns out to be a gem!
He only turned 18 in October, you can't hold him responsible for keeping then up, and view him as a failure for not doing so. He's not been brought in to turn this season around, he's here with a view to a longer deal.

johnwillomagic

I don't but when you look at impact some young players had at that age just a minor concern that he is not tearing up league two.
As I said though think he is the sort of signing we have to make given our financial situation and he should inject some pace
which is needed within our current squad.

wingy

Did Venus say could play either wing or the ten?
Think this is the model I was talking about in the Academy thread.

Terry Gibson's perm

How did we get him and why no one else

Maybe be he has looked and thought he can get in the first team here next year and progress rather than sitting in an under 21 team and then getting loaned out.

asiaskyblues

I live just down the road from Dagger and he has a good reputation but very raw. West Ham, Orient, Crystal Palace and a few other local teams have been keeping an eye on him. Heard something, only gossip, that Joe Cole's agent know his family.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I don't but when you look at impact some young players had at that age just a minor concern that he is not tearing up league two.
As I said though think he is the sort of signing we have to make given our financial situation and he should inject some pace
which is needed within our current squad.

Unbelievable (in response to both this posters posts!)

johnwillomagic

Unbelievable in what way - how old is Armstrong? How many goals/assists has he provided in League one?
How many do you think he'd get in league two? :whistle:

johnwillomagic

I hope we do use him but suspect he will be used sparingly and from the bench - that appears
to be how he has been used this season in the main at Dagenham? Ciukd be exciting spark from the bench?

johnwillomagic

I wonder what fee has been agreed if we sign him permanently? Cannot see us spending £250-300K on a player tbh
but would love to be pleasantly surprised.....

Londonccfcfan

I wonder what fee has been agreed if we sign him permanently? Cannot see us spending £250-300K on a player tbh
but would love to be pleasantly surprised.....

It would be a very similar structured deal like Maddison's I assume, but on a much smaller monetary level obviously. But definately a fee involved.

Packed full of clauses, dependant on appearances, sell on fees etc.

dongonzalos

This is what Cov need to do
Sign the best talent from below
Develop them and sell them for the correct price.
Well done

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If it really is the case he's in the plans for next season and not this one, it seems a little strange.

Not saying he isn't going to be a good signing, because none of us really know at this point, but surely we need someone to come in and add strength to the team now?

We've got 10 massive games, and certainly our lacklustre attacking midfielders need to be put under pressure in their positions to get the best out of them. If Jones is just going to sit in the reserves, then surely we've got our priorities all wrong right now?

Users who are viewing this thread