Jodi Jones (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

It’s beyond stupid to rehabilitate a player then let him go before he’s shown his ability. Why would you back him all the way up to him being fit again?

people going on like keeping Jones on means we won’t be able to sign someone. It’s nonsense.

To be fair even if he never played for us again, I think the club had a moral duty to get him back fit as he was Injured playing for them.
I personally think Robins will give him a chance once he's fit anyway

Edit : just seen that sun article post before mine

Bugsy

KenilworthSkyBlue

Good decision from the club.

I'll certainly want to be there for when he makes his first appearance next season - hopefully at the Ricoh and in front of a packed crowd!

edgy

Fingers crossed for the lad. Think it's a no brainer really. Won't be costing us much and has the potential to make an impact.

I read somewhere that the chances of re-doing your ACLs after they have been reconstucted are really slim. Surely those type of injuries are behind him now.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Fingers crossed for the lad. Think it's a no brainer really. Won't be costing us much and has the potential to make an impact.

I read somewhere that the chances of re-doing your ACLs after they have been reconstucted are really slim. Surely those type of injuries are behind him now.

I believe Robins said that the chance of reoccurrence is now no more likely than a player who had never suffered an ACL before which is really positive news.

So, fingers crossed he's now over the hill.

shmmeee

I know someone sensible who knows what they’re talking about said September/Christmas time.

But love the idea of him coming back first game next season in front of a packed Ricoh. Even if just for a five minute run about so he can get a clap.

Evo1883

If we play the system we play, I'd imagine to begin with Jones will be used as a substitute for o hare?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I know someone sensible who knows what they’re talking about said September/Christmas time.

But love the idea of him coming back first game next season in front of a packed Ricoh. Even if just for a five minute run about so he can get a clap.

Didn't Robins say he was ahead of schedule and that all being well he could potentially feature in a game setting (likely to be U23s) before the end of the season?

Hobo

Once fit I think I think he would benefit from a 6 month loan to a League 1 club at start of next season.

Rich

I found this a fascinating watch. Insight into how footballers cope with ACLs, few mental health tips and nice touches from Maddison and Wilson who both messaged him (y)

He's done so well to get through it, it's so important we all speak out to someone when we're feeling shit.

CCFC/SBITC could do with sorting the sound though, that was hard to listen to.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Hope it’s true. Don’t personally buy that he’s got better in absentia, he genuinely was (is?) a good player. You don’t need to see him playing in the Championship to know that he could be useful. He has that ability to take a man on and either cross or cut inside to shoot (Luke Thomas take note).

Given his presumed low wages, I can’t see why we wouldn’t offer him another year. It might be worth them managing his expectations should it recur though, because there does have to be a point where it’s not worth it (from both perspectives).

cc84cov

Maybe this was the news @better days was talking about ?

My mrs knows his mrs they’ve been looking at new houses adds up he’s been extended hopfully the injuries are behind him this time

speedie87

Happy he’s signed a new deal but ant see him playing in champ after 3 years out straight off, will need a loan till Xmas and then see where he is

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Didn't Robins say he was ahead of schedule and that all being well he could potentially feature in a game setting (likely to be U23s) before the end of the season?

He did - I was surprised by that

Normal rehab protocol would see game time at 9 months earliest as the new graft has to fully incorporate into the new tunnels that are drilled to house the ACL

That would be end of June for Jones so pre-season realistically

Given his history I’d have thought they would be ultra-cautious

But the medical team obviously know what they’re doing so great to hear he’s ahead of schedule

chiefdave

Robins revealed he hopes the player could be available before the end of the season.
Encouraging news about Jones. If he is ready to play before the end of the season assume it will be a run of U23 games, can't imagine he'd be thrown straight into a Championship relegation battle.

Users who are viewing this thread