Jodi Jones (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Have to laugh at some fans carrying on like they're Victorian mill owners
Anyone getting injured at work would be able to sue the pants off their employer if they were then sacked
There is a duty of care towards employees
This applies to football clubs too
There is a formula covering the amounts payable
The PFA ensures that clubs meet their commitments

If you pay attention to the politics threads you'd know I'm definitely on the left. I think the employment law is unbelievably lax and should be changed but while it is as it is you can't afford as a business to be 'nice' or you'll fail. I don't like it but at the moment that's the way it is.

Who said anything about sacking him? I'm on about not renewing a contract. That's a totally different thing.

better days

If you pay attention to the politics threads you'd know I'm definitely on the left. I think the employment law is unbelievably lax and should be changed but while it is as it is you can't afford as a business to be 'nice' or you'll fail. I don't like it but at the moment that's the way it is.

Who said anything about sacking him? I'm on about not renewing a contract. That's a totally different thing.
I certainly don't follow political threads
Life's too short

BornSlippySkyBlue

I know what you are both saying, and yes, it is mainly because he’s got potential that I hope he’s offered one final contract. This would (or maybe already has and this was his last shot) be done prior to him being offered one and on the understanding that it was the last one. I would imagine he would be pleased with that and it gives us one final shot to see.

And yes, there’s a distinction between sacking someone for no longer being capable of doing their job due to an injury received doing that job, and not renewing his contract but in my opinion the employer at the time of the injury has a moral obligation to offer that employee some form of recompense for getting injured doing the job. I’m surprised this is a controversial point of view tbf.

Garryb80

I know what you are both saying, and yes, it is mainly because he’s got potential that I hope he’s offered one final contract. This would (or maybe already has and this was his last shot) be done prior to him being offered one and on the understanding that it was the last one. I would imagine he would be pleased with that and it gives us one final shot to see.

And yes, there’s a distinction between sacking someone for no longer being capable of doing their job due to an injury received doing that job, and not renewing his contract but in my opinion the employer at the time of the injury has a moral obligation to offer that employee some form of recompense for getting injured doing the job. I’m surprised this is a controversial point of view tbf.
What form of recompense is needed though? He has had 3 years of injury at full pay.

fatso

Having paid him to not play for 3 years, it’s only common sense to offer him a 1 year contract to prove he has recovered and can regain his form.

NortonSkyBlue

Taking the Grendel point that if Max broke his leg on the last day.....well I would have thought that as he had an industrial injury under our employ he would be looked after until he fit enough to work.
It’s not like Jones has got a Hilsner type illness.
I would like to think that the club had medical insurance that covered that scenario.

BigadamL

I wonder if he will struggle to get insurance now, just like Hartson did when he joined?

Just be our luck we will offer him a deal and he plays great next season only to refuse another contract and leave on a free 😂

Grendel

Taking the Grendel point that if Max broke his leg on the last day.....well I would have thought that as he had an industrial injury under our employ he would be looked after until he fit enough to work.
It’s not like Jones has got a Hilsner type illness.
I would like to think that the club had medical insurance that covered that scenario.

He wouldn’t unless it was in his contract

Brighton Sky Blue

There’s no morals. You could say if we offer Jones a deal for a year scores 20 goals he should then morally stay even if offered a deal elsewhere - he won’t

As we know he was due to join Leeds prior to getting injured in the first place

shmmeee

I wonder if he will struggle to get insurance now, just like Hartson did when he joined?

Just be our luck we will offer him a deal and he plays great next season only to refuse another contract and leave on a free 😂

If he does that I’ll give him his fourth ACL for free

Grendel

He will be like a new signing that has definate quality and goal scoring attributes.

His attributes are in lower league. It’s odd as you frequently lambast Walsh but he’s clearly a far far more likely prospect in this league

skybluetony176

I really feel for him, could have been an immense player if injuries hadn’t stalled his progression. Reminds me of O’hare a bit but with composure in front of goal. Got a horrible feeling his career is as a professional is almost over ended by injury before realising his full potential. Seriously hope I’m wrong.

procdoc

His attributes are in lower league. It’s odd as you frequently lambast Walsh but he’s clearly a far far more likely prospect in this league
We don’t know how he would have progressed if it wasn’t for injury. He might have been lower league standard, he might have made it to the championship, we just don’t know

Sky Blue Pete

Have to laugh at some fans carrying on like they're Victorian mill owners
Anyone getting injured at work would be able to sue the pants off their employer if they were then sacked
There is a duty of care towards employees
This applies to football clubs too
There is a formula covering the amounts payable
The PFA ensures that clubs meet their commitments
Not if they hadn’t been employed for 2 yeats

DannyThomas_1981

As always - complete nonsense - and my guess is that Leeds scouts know more about JJ's qualities than you do.
But of course - you're a brilliant judge of players.
Let's not forget two weeks ago you said: 'our January signings are shit.' Clueless - just for once spare us and have a day off from being a moron.

Grendel

As always - complete nonsense - and my guess is that Leeds scouts know more about JJ's qualities than you do.
Let's not forget two weeks ago you said: 'our January signings are shit.' Clueless - just for once spare us and have a day off from being a moron.

Robins thought gyorkes was shit he never played him - how are those splinters up your arse Mr Fence Sitter?

As for the Leeds comment it means nothing. Next you’ll be saying Wolves knew more about Ben Stevenson’s qualities or Newcastle that useless clown Bigi

Garryb80

A fully fit Jodie Jones will be a massive bonus to our squad. I hope MR gives him a one year with a years option that’s the least and most reasonable. What’s the point in just letting him go after sorting these ACLs out.
Who says they are sorted though? We had this same debate for 3 years.

shmmeee

So you want to gamble part of the budget on the hope they are fixed? The reality is we paid him for 3 years to play barely any games and no one has the faintest idea if he will break down again or not.

Who you gonna get for the same wage that’s a nailed on cert exactly?

And yes, that’s how injuries work. We don’t know if Dabo or Rose will come back either. That’s football.

Keeping Jones won’t mean we lose someone else. Don’t be ridiculous. How much do you think he’s on??

Grendel

1619166040669.png

Sky Blue Harry H

Just like the old chewing gum machines!
Wow - was talking about htis the other day. I used to holiday on the Isle of Wight every summer as a kid, and we always went away with another. family. There were 4 kids and we used to head for this Bazooka Joe machine affixed to a brick wall outside a shop that used to dole out an extra pack every 4th purchase. Pot luck which one of us used to get it, but if it was you, you felt like a lottery winner at the time!!

SlowerThanPlatt

So you want to gamble part of the budget on the hope they are fixed? The reality is we paid him for 3 years to play barely any games and no one has the faintest idea if he will break down again or not.

He would be among the lowest earning senior players in the squad, maybe the lowest considering he hasn’t played for a few seasons and not had the chance of earning an improved contact. If he was a top earner then there would be an argument it’s too much of a risk to take

Users who are viewing this thread