Jodi Jones (2 Viewers)

Bad Boy

Forgive me, I'm not after any sympathy here.
I've recently had a full knee replacement and have had a couple of infections one in the wound and one in the ankle and I'm feeling a bit rubbish right now.
My mobility is significantly better post op but I'm not relishing the thought of the second knee being replaced later this year.
The thought of walking 'normally' and being without pain and discomfort seems light years away right now which got me thinking about this young man that has had the most horrendous injuries and no doubt experienced huge amounts of pain together with the mental anguish of whether he can make yet another comeback.
I'm absolutely in awe of Jodi and others like him that have had to endure very serious and potentially career threatening injuries, if you're reading this I take my hat off to you young man.
I really hope you absolutely smash it when you're fully fit and terrorise the pants off our opponents.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I've recently had a full knee replacement and have had a couple of infections one in the wound and one in the ankle and I'm feeling a bit rubbish right now.
My mobility is significantly better post op but I'm not relishing the thought of the second knee being replaced later this year.
The thought of walking 'normally' and being without pain and discomfort seems light years away right now which got me thinking about this young man that has had the most horrendous injuries and no doubt experienced huge amounts of pain together with the mental anguish of whether he can make yet another comeback.
I'm absolutely in awe of Jodi and others like him that have had to endure very serious and potentially career threatening injuries, if you're reading this I take my hat off to you young man.
I really hope you absolutely smash it when you're fully fit and terrorise the pants off our opponents.
Get well soon, wish you a speedy recovery

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

giphy.gif

CDK

I hope every is well ,you know if you get back to half Jodi s
Level of fitness you will feel a million dollars.good luck

better days

Stick with it BB
I know it's excruciatingly painful but try to stay positive as the pain will subside fairly quickly after a few weeks

Liquid Gold

I first read it as "I'm not feeling any sympathy hear" then thought the rest was going to be a bit of a go at Jodi.

Read very differently 🙃

Good luck to you

vow

All the best @bad boy hope you have a healthy recovery.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Fellow knee replacement recipient here. The pain only lasted a few weeks for me post op, and it’s been pain free and not given me any bother since (2014). Keep up the exercises! They really do help. Good luck!

robbiethemole

I had a new hip 12 weeks ago and had no issues but the knee swelled up and bruised like a bitch, I was taking Tramadol and Nefopam and using Voltarol gel daily for the pain. Surgeon said after being off set for so long, the knee has to re-align, so after lots of stretches and exercises it's finally pain free and I'm back in the gym doing resistance and leg work. keep at it it's worth it

SkyBlueSam01

Hi BB, best of luck with recovery! Im sure you will already have had therapy input, but I'm an MSK Physio, and if you need any advice or help with exercises/rehab just drop me a message!

Same goes for the rest of you old codgers too 😉

rob9872

Good luck bad boy but not sure I share the sentiment that he 'smashes it' 🤣👍

fatso

Good luck with the rehab, you've probably got more chance of being ready for the first game than JJ.

Bad Boy

Hi BB, best of luck with recovery! Im sure you will already have had therapy input, but I'm an MSK Physio, and if you need any advice or help with exercises/rehab just drop me a message!

Same goes for the rest of you old codgers too 😉
Thank you, I'll bear you in mind. Thank you again.

steveo1987

I literally feel your pain, both my knees replaced over the last two years, a year apart..you have to do the Physio , it's non negotiable and makes a huge difference. Once you're over the 4-6 week recovery, it gets better.I am pain free and am now walking 60-70kms a week with no problem. Good luck

Kneeza

I literally feel your pain, both my knees replaced over the last two years, a year apart..you have to do the Physio , it's non negotiable and makes a huge difference. Once you're over the 4-6 week recovery, it gets better.I am pain free and am now walking 60-70kms a week with no problem. Good luck
You should be in southern Spain soon then. The weather'll be good for your knees.

Users who are viewing this thread