Jimmy's Hill Today (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Similar to claims that standing on the hill is protesting. That is clearly nonsense too, isn't it Michael?

Torch, I'm not sure I'm understanding this. When stuff is completely made up eg I'm making money from the bus and acl are sponsoring it, I don't think it's unreasonable of me to point that out. There's been protests at the Ricoh, Broadgate, outside sixfields when the move was first announced, sisu and FL, and now it's Jimmy's Hill. Last week was campaign mode with the picnic theme, trying to get a few people there and getting media coverage. But what struck me last week was that it was also really enjoyable. It was brilliant to be able to support the team and great when players acknowledged people on the Hill. The atmosphere was great. So for today I wanted a break from campaigning but plenty of people were up for it so I did the bus again which conveys a message in itself, had the banners plus the new muppet show one and 100 people being on the Hill sends a message in itself. I don't understand what the problem is

valiant15

Torch, I'm not sure I'm understanding this. When stuff is completely made up eg I'm making money from the bus and acl are sponsoring it, I don't think it's unreasonable of me to point that out. There's been protests at the Ricoh, Broadgate, outside sixfields when the move was first announced, sisu and FL, and now it's Jimmy's Hill. Last week was campaign mode with the picnic theme, trying to get a few people there and getting media coverage. But what struck me last week was that it was also really enjoyable. It was brilliant to be able to support the team and great when players acknowledged people on the Hill. The atmosphere was great. So for today I wanted a break from campaigning but plenty of people were up for it so I did the bus again which conveys a message in itself, had the banners plus the new muppet show one and 100 people being on the Hill sends a message in itself. I don't understand what the problem is

He's jealous because you get to see some of the game and he doesn't.

torchomatic

Too right, I am. I'm doing my bit and missing out while Michael and his merry men still go despite the Trust bullshit of "urging fans not to go to Northampton".

Wished I'd thrown my £1 down the drain now.

He's jealous because you get to see some of the game and he doesn't.

coventry&stuff

Why don't any of you lot that go in the ground protest? Why no anti sisu songs, flags or banners? Im amazed that nobody has put one on fisher down there. You all say its wrong and we should be in Coventry but you all sit there like shop dummy's doing fuck all. What's wrong with you lot? Fisher must be laughing his bollocks off at you lot.

Took a Cov flag in with SISU OUT on it vs Bristol. Was taken off me before kick off. Haven't tried since.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Too right, I am. I'm doing my bit and missing out while Michael and his merry men still go despite the Trust bullshit of "urging fans not to go to Northampton".

Ive missed this.. Michael goes to Sixfield?- is this the chap who wouldnt go into sixfield when interviewed on the BBC prior to the first game or are my wires crossed?

theferret

I don't know about people accusing you of making money from it - clearly you would react to that. However, saying that somebody is 'making it up' when they say a bus covered in Ricoh Arena branding is a Ricoh Arena sponsored bus is just silly. Generally speaking - if somebody sees corporate branding over anything, be it a billboard or their TV screen, they'll assume some sort of sponsorship. Accusing people of making stuff up when they have made a simple observation, and then following it up with sarcastic responses isn't going to win many friends and/or influence many people - especially if you want to fill that ACL sponsored fun bus of yours :D

Monners

Give Michael a break - was there last week to help with the awareness raising protest (which is what it was) and it was very reasuring to meet a diverse range of fans from all ages who were there for similar reasons - to protest at our club being taken away (temprary or otherwise). On the back of last I shall be there to protest at the Sheff Utd game. If last week had been anything than as promoted and intended, then I wouldn't ever get involved again - it was worth the 6 mile round trip!

I hadn't met Michael until last week, I am not a member of the Trust, I do not work for ACL and I don't own a bus

pusbccfc

The Trust and KCIC are not the same...

torchomatic

He doesn't go in. He "protests" on the hill. Then moves to another part of the hill so he can "protest" in the second half. But it does piss me off after all the "don't go to Northampton" crap.

Ive missed this.. Michael goes to Sixfield?- is this the chap who wouldnt go into sixfield when interviewed on the BBC prior to the first game or are my wires crossed?

MichaelCCFC

Torch, I remain a Trust Board member but in reality my effort is focused exclusively on kcic so any issues with the Trust are best taken up direct. I'm still not following this - if people can combine getting out the kcic message, nopm, support the team and enjoy themselves what's the problem?

Grendel

Michael is a good guy and has high integrity. Clearly ACL don't sponsor the bus. I think his quote on the message board about watching the game for free and no protest was a bit of an own goal and kcic seems like a splinter movement of the trust. It is a confusing message. However, he does vocalise in the local media and sometimes nationally the issues we have which is never easy so lets just lay off him, eh?

georgehudson

all protests have relevance,
united by the fact that we, as fans, have been treated like some form of excrement,
which ever view you take, or disagree with,
acl, ccc, f/l, sisu, or a.n.other,
this is a 99.9% vote against the way we have, & are been / being treated,
it's time for fans to have their view,
if you're reading this, i assume you care & support for CCFC,
if you are a 'troll' or 'wum', then simply exit,
PUSB,
& let's get the ribbons up & about everywhere in Cov & surrounds,
it gets people talking, they are nothing more than an expression / desire to see OUR team in Coventry,
just in case you missed the point, it is where we belong

Grendel

all protests have relevance,
united by the fact that we, as fans, have been treated like some form of excrement,
which ever view you take, or disagree with,
acl, ccc, f/l, sisu, or a.n.other,
this is a 99.9% vote against the way we have, & are been / being treated,
it's time for fans to have their view,
if you're reading this, i assume you care & support for CCFC,
if you are a 'troll' or 'wum', then simply exit,
PUSB,
& let's get the ribbons up & about everywhere in Cov & surrounds,
it gets people talking, they are nothing more than an expression / desire to see OUR team in Coventry,
just in case you missed the point, it is where we belong

Pan Ayres - eat your heart out!

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is campaign this, campaign that, pr plan this and that. How can going to a hill one week be a protest but doing the same next week not be?

Sometimes it just seems over complicated.

letsallsingtogether

Over complicated you should try being a Cov fan :D

QUOTE=Nick;549911]What I don't get is campaign this, campaign that, pr plan this and that. How can going to a hill one week be a protest but doing the same next week not be?

Sometimes it just seems over complicated.[/QUOTE]

DazzleTommyDazzle

What I don't get is campaign this, campaign that, pr plan this and that. How can going to a hill one week be a protest but doing the same next week not be?

Sometimes it just seems over complicated.

Sometimes it just seems that some people are desperately looking for things to criticise.

pusbccfc

I was under the impression that they were working together?

I thought Michael was part of the Trust? (one of the officials)

Michael, can you explain what your relationship is with the Trust?

The Trust and KCIC have worked together in the past, but are completely different overall.
For example SBT haven't been involved in the hill.

Matty_CCFC

I go on the Hill, not into the NOPM, cannot recall if I ever paid my membership to the Trust or not but no problem with them either way.
I go on the Hill as my own personal way of styanding up for what is right and wrong, to me what is happening to our club is wrong and I want to show my feelings and also support my team.
Michael does a stirling job and have full respect for him, no idea if he is part of the Trust and do not care if he is oR not.
It was cold up there yesterday and we all know we cannot stan on the Hill every week due to weather and darkness but till it changes I will be there.
Must have been around 100 on Hill yesterday which was a great turn out with the weather, its great fun and just like the old days on the Spion Cop.
One other point, I have yet to hear or see one word of abuse from those on the Hill, did hear a few comments from those going into Sixfields but nothing to nasty.

To me, full respect to those on the Hill, no issue if you go in, I think its wroing but your choice.

Mrpipes

I do agree with that. We should do more. It's difficult though, there's a lot of old fans and a lot of kids there. The sort of people who might be a bit more vocal and show some dissent are not there.
This is my point with the RED AND GREEN SCARVES
The people that have no -militant -in them , a silent , we are coventry , why isn't anyone jumping on that?

Ashdown1

A bus with Ricoh Arena written in large red letters down both sides turns up will hill protesters has nothing to do with ACL? If that is the case then it is one massive coincidence. The only bus in Coventry that they sponsor happens to be the only bus available to ferry these people? Mmmm.

Of course, my previous response was deliberately harsh, I was responding in kind to your volley of insults. I am sure you got that, because I understand you think you are doing the right thing, just as I think I am too.

That bus actually runs people around Hinckley to Nuneaton college etc. Personally I like the exposure for our 'Stadium' or at least I did in these parts. I'm not sure if ACL sponsor it at all though !?

Ashdown1

This is my point with the RED AND GREEN SCARVES
The people that have no -militant -in them , a silent , we are coventry , why isn't anyone jumping on that?

Because peaceful, silent protest will do nothing, it never does ! The only winners would be the scarf makers and sellers.

theferret

That bus actually runs people around Hinckley to Nuneaton college etc. Personally I like the exposure for our 'Stadium' or at least I did in these parts. I'm not sure if ACL sponsor it at all though !?

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose at worst it is a PR own goal. Of all the buses they could have used, the pick the one splattered with the branding of the company many hold at least partly culpable for the mess we are in!

Mrpipes

Because peaceful, silent protest will do nothing, it never does ! The only winners would be the scarf makers and sellers.
Is that opinion or fact?

Green and yellow and man united was a constant visual - don't fuck with us - by Manchester fans , against. The establishment and their actions , it resulted in a lot of very public openness from the owners regarding loans being paid and better running of the club < isn't that the core thing we all want , the one thing that would change ccfc for the better ?
It also states we're coventry City and we're united together instead of all this bickering between fans?
I'll be wearing one at port vale and then to every home and away game from then on

duffer

The Jimmy's Hill thing seems pretty clear to me - I've always assumed the message is this:

We love the club enough to drag ourselves to Northampton, and to stand in the cold and wet with a crap view of the team.

We hate SISU so much that even though we've dragged ourselves here, we're not going to give them any money.

Are people really not getting that?

theferret

Is that opinion or fact?

Green and yellow and man united was a constant visual - don't fuck with us - by Manchester fans , against. The establishment and their actions , it resulted in a lot of very public openness from the owners regarding loans being paid and better running of the club < isn't that the core thing we all want , the one thing that would change ccfc for the better ?
It also states we're coventry City and we're united together instead of all this bickering between fans?
I'll be wearing one at port vale and then to every home and away game from then on

But you acknowledge that for this to be visible, there needs to be people inside the ground? I would happily wear one to home games. Perhaps an idea for the trust - I am sure they could shift a few and it would snowball as the season goes on.

henry the wasp

Is that opinion or fact?

Green and Gold till the club is sold? The glazers still own utd. So yeah, the only winners were the scarf makers.
Didn't the utd club shop sell green and gold scarves aswell. Maybe Fisher could run up a load of sisu out shirts for the wheelbarrow.

Users who are viewing this thread