Jimmy's Hill Today (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It was no way 100 people - 40 -50 max as the police said. there were 4 left after half time and 3 down the bank

When the police came past us there were only 40 or 50 of us that was well before kick off at kick off Counted 92 how could you see after half time most moved to the right of the bank to join the others

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I wasn't saying those on the hill were shouting it, I wouldn't know having not been to Northampton since 1998.

You cannot deny that there has been a lot of name calling on here, other forums, cwr phone ins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

No name calling on the hill plenty on here

shmmeee

I wasn't saying those on the hill were shouting it, I wouldn't know having not been to Northampton since 1998.

You cannot deny that there has been a lot of name calling on here, other forums, cwr phone ins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

I agree completely. Can't go into a thread without one of Nick Grendel or RFC throwing insults around thinly veiled as "balance". Or turn on CWR without Linell pouring scorn over anyone not going.

stupot07

I agree completely. Can't go into a thread without one of Nick Grendel or RFC throwing insults around thinly veiled as "balance". Or turn on CWR without Linell pouring scorn over anyone not going.

Of course those boycotting haven't named called or used insulting words at all.

torchomatic

Did you move at half-time or were you still in a position where you couldn't see the pitch?

When the police came past us there were only 40 or 50 of us that was well before kick off at kick off Counted 92 how could you see after half time most moved to the right of the bank to join the others

shmmeee

Of course those boycotting haven't named called or used insulting words at all.

Dunno what you're on about you Sisu loving cretin ;)

I'm all for the name calling. I think compromise is playin into Sisu hands.

torchomatic

torchomatic

torchomatic

Yes, it does. I'm not going to Sixfields or anywhere near it in protest at being in Northampton. I'm missing my first season since 1972. Fans who go in - and at least contribute to the team they support are called scabs. While others stand on the hill - pretending to protest yet in reality watch the game for nowt while no doubt having a go at those inside - as seen on Sky Sports.

What's your point here? Does it upset you for some reason that you can see the game, or part of it, from the hill?

NorthernWisdom

Yes, it does. I'm not going to Sixfields or anywhere near it in protest at being in Northampton. I'm missing my first season since 1972. Fans who go in - and at least contribute to the team they support are called scabs. While others stand on the hill - pretending to protest yet in reality watch the game for nowt while no doubt having a go at those inside - as seen on Sky Sports.

tbf the likes of pusbccfc have been doing anything but having a go at other fans.

So I'm wary iof generalising and insulting all hill-goers, because that's as unfair as collectivising every other 'faction' in this.

duffer

Do really think that those who go and stand on the hill can't afford to go in?

Do you really think they're going all that way because they can watch for free? C'mon. How likely is that, really.

I've not been to the hill, but my understanding from those who have is that there isn't much going on in by way of name calling. The guys who I know who stand on the hill certainly wouldn't go for it.

As far as I'm concerned, going to the hill is a perfectly valid form of protest, and it seems to be drawing some attention. It's not diminished (imho) in the slightest by the fact that you can get a crappy view of part of the game. I honestly can't understand why you've got the arse with it.

torchomatic

No, you're alright. I wouldn't go to Northampton. Thanks for the invite though.

To be honest I don't care what you think,tell you what go to the next game at sixfields and watch me if it bothers you that much

torchomatic

Yes, Michael said so the other day. A whole coach load of them did.

Do you really think they're going all that way because they can watch for free? C'mon. How likely is that, really.

duffer

Yes, Michael said so the other day. A whole coach load of them did.

Really. You really believe that. They go all that way to watch the game for free - and the reason they don't pay isn't because of SISU, it's because they're tightwads?

That is a odd take on it, in my opinion.

As for the 'Michael said so' thing, that sounds like playground stuff mate, and I would've thought a bit below you.

torchomatic

Not bothered how it sounds, to be honest. Michael said that going on the hill against Gillingham was not about protest but to watch the game. I have a problem with it, fine if you and others don't. I also have a problem with not seeing my team this season.

Really. You really believe that. They go all that way to watch the game for free - and the reason they don't pay isn't because of SISU, it's because they're tightwads?

That is a odd take on it, in my opinion.

As for the 'Michael said so' thing, that sounds like playground stuff mate, and I would've thought a bit below you.

duffer

Not bothered how it sounds, to be honest. Michael said that going on the hill against Gillingham was not about protest but to watch the game. I have a problem with it, fine if you and others don't. I also have a problem with not seeing my team this season.

I have a problem with not watching them too, but I don't for a moment believe going to the hill is just about watching the team for nothing. If Michael's said that, or believes it, I'd be amazed.

To be honest I think it's completely wrong-headed and utter bullshit, but if it makes you feel better for some reason to denigrate the guys on the hill, knock yourself out mate.

Users who are viewing this thread