Jimmy's Hill Today (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

I was under the impression that they were working together?

I thought Michael was part of the Trust? (one of the officials)

Michael, can you explain what your relationship is with the Trust?

too many similar threads so am pasting here what I've just posted on another one -

sheff u needs numbers and noise plus a couple of specifics for media attention and honing general message to one specific for the day. So yes, planning is in full swing. part of yesterday on Jimmy's Hill was working out what's feasible. Still need to work through several things and continue liaising with Police so won't announce anything till it's all sorted or else will have people chasing red herrings all over the place. If you want to contribute then - start telling everyone you know they need to be on Jimmy's Hill 13 oct, 4pm ko. Any specific ideas email [email protected]

As for other stuff in this thread, I'll speak only for myself. I'm still a Trust Board member but 100% of my time goes on kcic so everything I do is kcic based and I leave it for other Trust Board members to speak on behalf of the Trust.

nopm was set up completely separate to the Trust, as a facebook page and twitter account, but as it grew the bloke who started it didn't have enough time to do it anymore so asked the Trust to take it over. The Trust Board agreed but decided it wanted the nopm side to be arms length. I took it on cos I don't like meetings at the best of times and am much happier with the events/campaigning/strategic stuff. nopm was set up before the move to northants was even announced. There was no great decision about keep cov in cov, it just started to develop from conversations as the move was announced. kcic and nopm therefore ran alongside each other. Through facebook I chuck stuff out for people to pick up/ignore as they want. Most recently this involved a discussion about kcic-nopm labels and consensus was nopm is a tactic to use, but kcic is the overall aim. Position on sisu is more complicated hence I've done the opinion poll on that and am awaiting results

sky blue john

I don't even know what's going on in this thread after reading a couple of pages !!!!
Is it something to do with an on the buses episode Blakey shouting " I hate you Butler "

Anyway it is obvious now going by posters on here and some fans on the phone ins !!!!
That it would be pointless doing any Kcic protest inside the sixfields stadium !!!
The selfish 1500 would not participate and are happy for ccfc to be playing home matches in Northampton !!!!

Ashdown1

Is that opinion or fact?

Green and yellow and man united was a constant visual - don't fuck with us - by Manchester fans , against. The establishment and their actions , it resulted in a lot of very public openness from the owners regarding loans being paid and better running of the club < isn't that the core thing we all want , the one thing that would change ccfc for the better ?
It also states we're coventry City and we're united together instead of all this bickering between fans?
I'll be wearing one at port vale and then to every home and away game from then on

It's a nice idea but 'Openness' from the hedge fund............

Grendel

I don't even know what's going on in this thread after reading a couple of pages !!!!
Is it something to do with an on the buses episode Blakey shouting " I hate you Butler "

Anyway it is obvious now going by posters on here and some fans on the phone ins !!!!
That it would be pointless doing any Kcic protest inside the sixfields stadium !!!
The selfish 1500 would not participate and are happy for ccfc to be playing home matches in Northampton !!!!

I bet you had the hots for Olive didn't you?

sky blue john

It's statements like that, that make me think SISU do have people on this board after all.

Who, after all, but a SISU employee would spend their time criticising
CCFC fans' integrity and support for their club?

I have another idea that might work the trust could organize a two pronged demonstration for the sheff utd game !!!!
A mass demonstration on the hill !!!
And at exactly the same time a march on the counsel back in Cov, that should shift you and some of your buddies NW from inside Sixfields !!!!

rondog1973

It's statements like that, that make me think SISU do have people on this board after all.

Who, after all, but a SISU employee would spend their time criticising CCFC fans' integrity and support for their club?
Integrity? There's no integrity in blindly following wherever the club owners decree your 'home' matches to be...

jimmyhillsfanclub

Likewise, IMHO its utterly pointless to stand on a hill watching the game (pretending to protest) whist the Sky cameras are broadcasting whats going on INSIDE the ground....

So fuck it....for that reason....I'm out & will not participate in any of these lame & tame protests.....I'll just go to the away games I fancy & not bother my arse with the rest of it.

PUSB.

Fuck off SISU, ACL, CCC & the FL.

NorthernWisdom

Integrity? There's no integrity in blindly following wherever the club owners decree your 'home' matches to be...

There can be integrity in sticking to beliefs rather than changing with the wind...

Who will we be at war with next week?

There can also be integrity in supporting the team.

And also integrity in voicing a move is under duress.

Or are you claiming the likes of ferret are blindly following a move, and openly welcome being there?

rondog1973

There can be integrity in sticking to beliefs rather than changing with the wind...

Or are you claiming the likes of ferret are blindly following a move, and openly welcome being there?
Well as previously stated, there does not seem to be a great deal of protest coming from within the ground does there?

'We hate being here, but are too scared to say or do anything, in case Sisu's hired thugs throw us out!'

NorthernWisdom

Well as previously stated, there does not seem to be a great deal of protest coming from within the ground does there?

Being called scab, c**t, weak, SISU buddy etc. wouldn't have me rushing to go along with what those people wanted.

If however those people stopped the insults and started talking, something could be maybe worked out.

The total lack of interest in edgy's thread about protest banners being one example of many where people are happier to insult and claim the moral high ground rather than talk to people and work something out.

Because what's more important in all this is that you prove yourself to be a better fan than me, isn't it? Who cares about the club as long as you prove that!

theferret

Oh I love it. I love the fact I can see the ricoh from my house, but on matchday I have to drive past it and on another 35 fucking miles to a town I hate to sit in a shed with 2000 OAPs and kids, while a team full of Coventry youngsters gets nothing like the plaudits it deserves. And all the time I can see TF to my right smiling smugly. It's awesome.

Why don't I go and punch him on the face I hear people say. Well, really, what would a one man protest like that achieve? You want me to take up the mantle on my own and the sole protester inside the ground? For protest to be effective they need to be orchestrated, organised, and involve numbers. That will not happen while people are sat at home.

rondog1973

Being called scab, c**t, weak, SISU buddy etc. wouldn't have me rushing to go along with what those people wanted.

If however those people stopped the insults and started talking, something could be maybe worked out.

The total lack of interest in edgy's thread about protest banners being one example of many where people are happier to insult and claim the moral high ground rather than talk to people and work something out.

Because what's more important in all this is that you prove yourself to be a better fan than me, isn't it? Who cares about the club as long as you prove that!
It was posted earlier (in this thread I think) about putting words/sentiments in mouths. When did I imply you were any less of a Cov fan if you paid in? I don't doubt they love this football club any less than I do however, It's the meek, sheepish nature of those that are attending that riles. Sisu for me announced their sinister nature at the Derby County home game a couple of seasons ago when banners were confiscated on bullshit H & S grounds, and according to a post on here earlier, this stance is still the case. Why is there no kick back from this, or any songs highlighting the discontent?

NorthernWisdom

Why don't I go and punch him on the face I hear people say. Well, really, what would a one man protest like that achieve? You want me to take up the mantle on my own and the sole protester inside the ground? For protest to be effective they need to be orchestrated, organised, and involve numbers. That will not happen while people are sat at home.

What's one of the bigger complaints about SISU? That they stop talking to interested parties and just do their own thing regardless, while throwing in the odd insult in press statements.

What are some (not all!) people doing? Stopping talking to fellow fans, and instead throwing in the odd insult.

It really is the SISU modus operandi. Couple that with the fact that it attempts to drive a wedge between fans, and it really does look like the work of double agents!

rondog1973

Oh I love it. I love the fact I can see the ricoh from my house, but on matchday I have to drive past it and on another 35 fucking miles to a town I hate to sit in a shed with 2000 OAPs and kids, while a team full of Coventry youngsters gets nothing like the plaudits it deserves. And all the time I can see TF to my right smiling smugly. It's awesome.

That should be the protest! Stay at home!

A completely empty stadium (Barring away fans) would generate more journalistic interest, thus putting the spotlight on the Football League and their precious fan orientated brand.

theferret

That should be the protest! Stay at home!

A completely empty stadium (Barring away fans) would generate more journalistic interest, thus putting the spotlight on the Football League and their precious fan orientated brand.

The stadium is almost empty anyway, and it has created zero media interest for the past 3 games. Nobody cares. The boycott is the most lame and pointless protest we could possibly have adopted.

NorthernWisdom

Well I won't be underhand about it, you are a Cock, Cock.

Indeed, you're quite open about your agenda to split fans.

The question is, who does that benefit? Does ity benefit you to alienate part of the fanbase of the team you support?

Do you want a smaller core support whenever this is sorted out?

Do you want less people going, more empty spaces?

it appears you do.

rondog1973

The stadium is almost empty anyway, and it has created zero media interest for the past 3 games. Nobody cares. The boycott is the most lame and pointless protest we could possibly have adopted.
So then what are you actually advocating?

Protest within the Stadium, pack it out and make our voice heard? Has been tried at the Ricoh for the past 2 seasons with more people than you could ever get into Sixfields, all this demonstrated was that Sisu will never listen to the fans.

sky blue john

The stadium is almost empty anyway, and it has created zero media interest for the past 3 games. Nobody cares. The boycott is the most lame and
pointless protest we could possibly have adopted.

So that's your excuse for lying down.
There have been no other mass exceptable ideas !!

rondog1973

Indeed, you're quite open about your agenda to split fans.

The question is, who does that benefit? Does ity benefit you to alienate part of the fanbase of the team you support?

Do you want a smaller core support whenever this is sorted out?

Do you want less people going, more empty spaces?

it appears you do.
You're at it again with the putting words/sentiments in mouths. Never my agenda to split the fans, have previously stated though it's not an even, balanced split is it. 1500 at best attendees going against the grain of at least 10,000 boycotters. I want no people attending Sixfields, and as many as we can muster for the Ricoh when/if we return.

rondog1973

So why are you so bothered whether people inside a ground are a) there and b) protest or not?
Have previously stated my preference that they were not there at all, if they are going to go though at least show some dissent. It may generate media attention that Sisu do not like.

rondog1973

A march through the city did quite well.

Mainly because it was under a message that allowed people to go whether they were going to Sixfields or not, wanted SISU out or not.

As opposed to lazy insults of people who were probably at that march too.
Talking of insults, Sheepish and meek would hardly get you a reprimand off the speaker in the commons, if, it's me you're referring to.

Clueless Cock however certainly would...

ohitsaidwalker king power

He doesn't go in. He "protests" on the hill. Then moves to another part of the hill so he can "protest" in the second half. But it does piss me off after all the "don't go to Northampton" crap.

I have no issues with that then- apologies Michael I thought the original post inferred you attended the games- sorry my misread.

Don't go to Northampton(Sixfield) is a very different message to don't go to Northampton(hill) I think isn't it?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Well maybe the Trust or KCiC or NoPM or whatever acronym they've decided on this week should have made that more clear: "The Trust/KCiC/NoPM (delete as appropriate) urge fans not to attend Northampton Sixfields, though if you want to stand around on the hill and watch the game for nothing then fair play to you."

I have no issues with that then- apologies Michael I thought the original post inferred you attended the games- sorry my misread.

Don't go to Northampton(Sixfield) is a very different message to don't go to Northampton(hill) I think isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread