Jimmy's Hill Today (1 Viewer)

Longford

What I don't get is campaign this, campaign that, pr plan this and that. How can going to a hill one week be a protest but doing the same next week not be?

Sometimes it just seems over complicated.

No leader. Go for it.....

Longford

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose at worst it is a PR own goal. Of all the buses they could have used, the pick the one splattered with the branding of the company many hold at least partly culpable for the mess we are in!

Almost an apology

Longford

There is a lack of clear leadership. All of us that can be bothered to post out thoughts on here (or elsewhere) are unhappy, but are rapidly splintering into separate cells. It needs a central purpose and flag to rally around. You appear to constantly complain about certain factions but offer no alternative.

However, you moderate this site. You could lead rather than simply moan about what everyone else is doing.

Apologies I'm reasonably new to this site and so you may have answered before.

What do you think we should do to bring CCFC back to Coventry ?

duffer

Well maybe the Trust or KCiC or NoPM or whatever acronym they've decided on this week should have made that more clear: "The Trust/KCiC/NoPM (delete as appropriate) urge fans not to attend Northampton Sixfields, though if you want to stand around on the hill and watch the game for nothing then fair play to you."

It's not just about watching the game for nothing though is it? It's a protest that highlights the fact that people want to watch their team but don't want to give the current owners any money.

As for the need to be clearer as to what the KCIC/NOPM campaign was about regarding going into Sixfields, I thought it was pretty obvious myself. Did you really not grasp it torchy, or are you perhaps being a bit obtuse because you're feeling grumpy? ;)

Nick

Administrator
There is a lack of clear leadership. All of us that can be bothered to post out thoughts on here (or elsewhere) are unhappy, but are rapidly splintering into separate cells. It needs a central purpose and flag to rally around. You appear to constantly complain about certain factions but offer no alternative.

However, you moderate this site. You could lead rather than simply moan about what everyone else is doing.

Apologies I'm reasonably new to this site and so you may have answered before.

What do you think we should do to bring CCFC back to Coventry ?

Personally I think all sides should be pressured, even if ACL come out and say "this is how it is, we have offered x and x" it is then over to SISU to reply. At the minute nobody knows anything about what's happening behind the scenes so every party should have pressure applied, at the minute ACL will be having a ball.

Yes, I run a website. I haven't suddenly become fan spokes person ;) There have been some great ideas on here for things of protest and action but if it isn't aimed at SISU then it doesn't really get much attention from the proper fan's groups.

rondog1973

Well maybe the Trust or KCiC or NoPM or whatever acronym they've decided on this week should have made that more clear: "The Trust/KCiC/NoPM (delete as appropriate) urge fans not to attend Northampton Sixfields, though if you want to stand around on the hill and watch the game for nothing then fair play to you."
Would it satisfy you if the Jimmy's Hill contingent stuck a bag over their heads whilst the game is in progress?

Longford

Personally I think all sides should be pressured, even if ACL come out and say "this is how it is, we have offered x and x" it is then over to SISU to reply. At the minute nobody knows anything about what's happening behind the scenes so every party should have pressure applied, at the minute ACL will be having a ball.

Yes, I run a website. I haven't suddenly become fan spokes person ;) There have been some great ideas on here for things of protest and action but if it isn't aimed at SISU then it doesn't really get much attention from the proper fan's groups.

I Agree all carry some blame. But if "most" see one party (SISU) are "mostly" to blame what's the issue ? They will get most of the attention and protests.

I look at it simply. Because I am.

SISU are guardians of our club. ACL are not.
SISU moved the club to Northampton. ACL didn't.
SISU could move us back. ACL cannot move the Ricoh.

So whether they like it or not, no matter how bad ACL have been, or not, only SISU can decide where we play, currently Northampton. For that reason I believe they should get "most" of the flack.

If someone wants to organise a sit-in ( or similar) outsideACL offices and/or the council offices, then count me in. Until then the NOPM, KCIC etc campaigns get my support in the absence of anything else.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Torch I understand your point-you find it irksome that some satisfy their skyblue "habit" but masquerade as protestors so is that really a protest/sacrifice? I'd scratched through that one myself to be honest but ultimately reconciled it thus:
Those that go to the hill go to protest more so than to watch the game is my leap of faith- perhaps the protestors should turn their back on the game whilst in progress at some given point-irrespective the opportunity to do the same- i.e go to the hill is open to us all is it not?

simple_simon

I do not go on hill to protest, just to make my own personal point.
It's wrong what they are doing, but I like see my team.
No protesting type songs were sung.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Aye, I tell myself they'd go even if they couldn't see the game, and whatever the weather.

It's impossible to tell until either happens, so why not have a little bit of faith?

You're forgetting Stuart Linnells Sky distraction?
I risk ridicule and being accused with this comment of residing in the valley somewhere between the Waltons and the Little house on the Prairie.. but keep that faith!

Last edited:

stupot07

The Jimmy's Hill thing seems pretty clear to me - I've always assumed the message is this:

We love the club enough to drag ourselves to Northampton, and to stand in the cold and wet with a crap view of the team.

We hate SISU so much that even though we've dragged ourselves here, we're not going to give them any money.

Are people really not getting that?

So basically, anyone boycotting but not going to Jimmy's Hill don't love the club as much as you?

Does that also mean those in Sixfields

- love the club enough to drag themselves to Northampton
- but don't quite hate sisu enough to not give the club they love their money.

So surely that doesn't make them a scab, or mean they lack moral fibre?

pusbccfc

So basically, anyone boycotting but not going to Jimmy's Hill don't love the club as much as you?

No one on the hill thinks they love the club more than others.

But they do think they can hack the cold better ;)

letsallsingtogether

No but those that go in believe they are better just read to there posts on other sites and listen when they phone CWR they are also the ones that throw comments around to the fans on the hill.
But hey we can take it :)

letsallsingtogether

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah same poor excuse have no ideas except stay at home and every thing else is lame.

Sorry but your excuse is lame.

I have never heard of a protest that stays at home?? maybe linnell might come around your house for a cuppa and ask why you are not going to the match....

Come on then wise Guy guide us with your wisdom.

The stadium is almost empty anyway, and it has created zero media interest for the past 3 games. Nobody cares. The boycott is the most lame and pointless protest we could possibly have adopted.

italiahorse

Who's calling you a scab ? .......... and where do they say this ?

letsallsingtogether

Who said it wasn't not me I go to show my disgust at playing there have not yet stayed past half time.

Don't care what others do or think but that is my stand would have done the same if there was no Hill.

Will do it for a few more weeks then hay ho will join the rest of you at home.

I thought the hill wasnt a protest though?

torchomatic

It is a protest, but against Gills it was less serious than previous ones.

Surely playing 35 miles from home needs a "serious" protest regardless of the opposition?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

duffer

I'm sorry - where did I say anything like that?

I've just given a pretty simple explanation of why people are standing on the hill, in response to some of the frankly ridiculous sniping from some here.

Let me clear. I haven't stood on the hill, or gone to sixfields. I've got a lot of respect for those who go on the hill, for the reasons I've already outlined. (And to criticise them for watching the game whilst they're there is just pathetic, utterly and completely pathetic, imho).

I understand why people want to go into Sixfields too. I wish they wouldn't because to my mind it just draws the pain out, but I don't think they're scabs, I think they're fans with a different view to mine. They are no better or worse than any other fan, including myself.

I don't try to grade anyone's love for the club - that's something that you seem to doing rather than me.

duffer

Surely playing 35 miles from home needs a "serious" protest regardless of the opposition?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Is it that you and Nick struggle with nuances, or this really a bit of a wind up? I read that as being that the mood of the people there was perhaps a little lighter than last time, not that there was anything less serious about the situation.

Nick

Administrator
Is it that you and Nick struggle with nuances, or this really a bit of a wind up? I read that as being that the mood of the people there was perhaps a little lighter than last time, not that there was anything less serious about the situation.

No, it is just I struggle with how one week it isn't a protest, the next week it is a serious protest and the week after it is a double serious protest and the next week it is a fun day.

So if Michael says "this is a serious protest" everybody turns up angry and shoutey but if it's declared as a fun protest, everybody turns up jolly and happy?

pusbccfc

Serious may not be the best word to use.

The one two weeks ago had many more anti-sisu chants, banners etc.
The one on Sunday was low key. Less people, hardly organised, was just around 100 continuing their stand against giving sisu a penny.

duffer

No, it is just I struggle with how one week it isn't a protest, the next week it is a serious protest and the week after it is a double serious protest and the next week it is a fun day.

So if Michael says "this is a serious protest" everybody turns up angry and shoutey but if it's declared as a fun protest, everybody turns up jolly and happy?

OK Nick, I'm still struggling in truth. I don't remember Michael ever using the phrase 'serious' or 'double serious' or asking anyone to turn up and be angry and shouty.

I'm not sure that I've heard it described as a fun day either, but I suppose the idea of the picnic was perhaps to make it a bit more light-hearted. Again, I think you're confusing the mood of the protestors which might not be entirely serious, with the issue that they're protesting about, which I think most would consider extremely serious.

Again, I could be wrong, but it seems that there's a bit of carping about the people on the hill here which I don't really understand. Maybe I'm misreading your posts though, in which case I apologise.

duffer

Serious may not be the best word to use.

The one two weeks ago had many more anti-sisu chants, banners etc.
The one on Sunday was low key. Less people, hardly organised, was just around 100 continuing their stand against giving sisu a penny.

Thanks for that, I'd guessed it was along those lines. My mate, who went last week, said that he quite enjoyed it and that it was actually a bit like watching the game from the old West End (in that you could never really see the whole game from there either!). I'm not sure if he was being entirely serious though. ;)

AndreasB

It was no way 100 people - 40 -50 max as the police said. there were 4 left after half time and 3 down the bank

stupot07

No one has ever said or shouted that from the hill.

Just people trying to make those protesting look bad more lies i'm afraid...

Who's calling you a scab ? .......... and where do they say this ?

I wasn't saying those on the hill were shouting it, I wouldn't know having not been to Northampton since 1998.

You cannot deny that there has been a lot of name calling on here, other forums, cwr phone ins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread