January Window (2 Viewers)

M

Martw

From what I hear we are up to budget under FFP regs so any players wages and fees coming in have to be matched by players going out
You know these things ! do you think some shuffling of the pack will take place?

M

Martw

Thinking of Chuks Aneke? He wouldn’t really fit into our current setup I don’t think.
Aneke wanted a move up the divisions I believe and has played well this season for MK - my guess is he will be on the move this window.

better days

You know these things ! do you think some shuffling of the pack will take place?
Haven't heard anything concrete yet but I'd be surprised if Adi Viveash and the appointments guy aren't talking to various parties
Our treatment of Dujon Sterling and Luke Thomas will be a big plus if we are after top Premier League prospects on loan. Too many young players get left on the bench when loaned out for men's football experience
Not surprised about Camwell going
He seemed to be going places but did some silly things which made a few question his attitude
Then getting a drink driving ban put the tin hat on it really

Last edited:

chiefdave

Still doesn’t mean we have to sign him my thinking is by law it’s not gonna put us in a tricky position weather we agreed to it or not.I did hear he signed a 4 year contract tho
Potentially by law we could probably pull out but as the transfer system at present relies on this other deal it would create issues signing players in the future.

SBAndy

Haven't heard anything concrete yet but I'd be surprised if Adi Viveash and the appointments guy aren't talking to various parties
Our treatment of Dujon Sterling and Luke Thomas will be a big plus if we are after top Premier League prospects on loan. Too many young players get left on the bench when loaned out for men's football experience
Not surprised about Camwell going
He seemed to be going places but did some silly things which made a few question his attitude
Then getting a drink driving ban put the tin hat on it really

So what you’re saying is we either had to let Camwell go or bring in Lateef Elford-Alliyu to drive him everywhere?

better days

Potentially by law we could probably pull out but as the transfer system at present relies on this other deal it would create issues signing players in the future.
I would guess this was a 'pre-contract' agreement due to come into effect on 1st Jan 2019. That would be fully legally enforceable
The period up to 31st Dec 2018 would have been a loan agreement which meant Portsmouth could include conditions such as he couldn't play against them
I haven't been told directly but that's my best guess

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

better days

So what you’re saying is we either had to let Camwell go or bring in Lateef Elford-Alliyu to drive him everywhere?
Haha we have other players with driving bans Andy but perhaps not for DD
And they haven't done other silly things to upset the coaching staff

Gibbo

If we buy a winger (in the event of such a unicorn existing) is the assumption that we will sell him on when JJ and Allessani become available / suitable? Asking for a friend.

Hobo

January window is rubbish. I don't anticipate much activity in or out.

cc84cov

If we buy a winger (in the event of such a unicorn existing) is the assumption that we will sell him on when JJ and Allessani become available / suitable? Asking for a friend.
Don’t get why we signed Allassani Robins was said to be excited by the signing yet he doesn’t feature...pointless.

Tractorstealer

Morning ladies and gents hope you have had a good new xmas and new year. Rumour on our side is Mo Eisa on loan to you guys until the end of the season. Has been out with a bad injury for a few months and hasn't had any game time! A shame because we really need a striker ourselves....

Nick

Administrator
Morning ladies and gents hope you have had a good new xmas and new year. Rumour on our side is Mo Eisa on loan to you guys until the end of the season. Has been out with a bad injury for a few months and hasn't had any game time! A shame because we really need a striker ourselves....

Would take him a while to get up to speed wouldn't it?

Tractorstealer

Yes hes raw but hasn't had a chance to prove himself with us at all. Trouble is he has only been in the football league for 18ish months but has proved he can cut it at league 2. I understand Robins had a similar problem with Bakayoko so maybe we think this is a good experience for him but he needs to be playing as much as possible!

Grendel

If he scored one in five here it would be a success

cc84cov

Happily take Eisa on loan would be the perfect partner for McNulty ;-)

Garryb80

lol obvs not but use your common sense mate come on has Allessani been anywhere near an established first team member ?
When did Robins say he was signing as a first team player? Sure he said he was a player to start in the under 23s

Reactions: vow

Grendel

lol obvs not but use your common sense mate come on has Allessani been anywhere near an established first team member ?

He’s miles off being a league player - if he’s in the first eleven as a first choice we are in trouble

M

Martw

He’s miles off being a league player - if he’s in the first eleven as a first choice we are in trouble
He is a relatively risk free project isn't he - showed enormous promise as a kid then affected by injury. Re established himself at a level he is clearly too good for and was given a chance to see if he can make it - would imagine he is a 2 year project and not on huge wages - I don't mind that we signed him or am I disappointed that he isn't own the first team yet. Hopefully he has time to develop.

shmmeee

Not really. It happens in football all the time. This isn’t international trade deals, Pompey might be pissed off but footballs a business and teams will still make trades.

The whole “loan to permanent” thing is a ruse to get around FL rules anyway so I doubt they’d get much sympathy from the officials.

Gibbo

Allessani did more against Luton in his brief cameo than some of the other players did in 90 minutes. He was almost my MOTM (says more about the rest). Very quick feet, but you worry whether he will be sufficiently physically robust enough. From a distance physically indistinguishable from JJ

Hobo

He wasn't signed as an established first team player. He was a player who had had setbacks in his career and had the potential to develop given a second chance.

Users who are viewing this thread