January Window (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Agree with your line of thinking on current players for selection, but add two natural tricky wingers and are we still the same side or a more dangerous proposition for teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who are all these mythical tricky wingers we should consider? Please name them.
I can remember the guy from Grimsby last year....anybody else?

Otis

Yeah, I think most of us remember him, to be honest.

Would guess pretty much everyone that was at the game would .

steve82

CJ Hamilton absolutely tops my list at Mansfield.

Dembele was the lad you recall who’s gone to Peterborough last summer and doing the business again.

steve82

Not sure if circulated already but twitter rumours have Chris Camwell about to join MK Dons in January

Ricketts

Keeping Luke Thomas and not losing anyone would be a great starting point.

This is still a new and young squad, they will gel.

no_loyalty

Out: Andreu, Ogogo, Beavon
In: Shankland, Thomas loan extension, a left winger

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Mo Eisa not featuring for Bristol City at the moment, not sure if he would be available for loan, or if Portsmouth might come back in for him.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mo Eisa not featuring for Bristol City at the moment, not sure if he would be available for loan, or if Portsmouth might come back in for him.

It's interesting that a few of League 2's big hitters from last season have jumped up two leagues and are struggling to make an impact in The Championship.

It's a shame really.

steve82

It's interesting that a few of League 2's big hitters from last season have jumped up two leagues and are struggling to make an impact in The Championship.

It's a shame really.

I think the jump is too much to do in one move, Mo Eisa was never gonna jump straight into Bristol City’s side given he only came into professional football last summer to then make that stride up another level is a huge ask.

Should Stockley do it with Preston this January too I doubt he’d have it his own way and not work out. He really should make the transition with Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I heard Ogogo was £300k signing on fee. There must be a player in there somwhere but he needs game time in his legs. I’d be tempted to put him out for loan till the end of the season just to get him properly fit.

shmmeee

Chaplin will either be signed or go back I assume so that frees up a loan spot in the first team. I’d like to see another loan in the Thomas mould. Obviously a Thomas extension.

I wouldn’t be shipping out signings just yet. Still think there’s gelling and settling to be done yet. If there’s funds available I’d like to see another target man brought in.

Andreu can go, other than that I’d leave it as is.

Garryb80

Chaplin will either be signed or go back I assume so that frees up a loan spot in the first team. I’d like to see another loan in the Thomas mould. Obviously a Thomas extension.

I wouldn’t be shipping out signings just yet. Still think there’s gelling and settling to be done yet. If there’s funds available I’d like to see another target man brought in.

Andreu can go, other than that I’d leave it as is.
Chaplin cant go back. He is signed permanently. Amazed people still dont know this

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Let's sign Connor Coventry on loan, from West Ham.
Yeah that would be funny , Coventry scores for Coventry .

giphy.gif

better days

We need to give Andreu a chance
Surgeons say full recovery from an ACL takes 18 months
Andreu came back after 9 months or so and was thrown straight in as we were so short of numbers pre season
Then he had a cyst that needed to be cut out so he's only now coming back from that setback
I hope he gets a chance in the coming weeks and does well

SBAndy

We need to give Andreu a chance
Surgeons say full recovery from an ACL takes 18 months
Andreu came back after 9 months or so and was thrown straight in as we were so short of numbers pre season
Then he had a cyst that needed to be cut out so he's only now coming back from that setback
I hope he gets a chance in the coming weeks and does well

Think most people take the view based on our system not really utilising a 10 (ignoring Chaplin dropping in there). That said, with Hiwula up top with his movement there may yet be a chance to consider him.

Reactions: vow

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Out: Andreu, Ogogo, Beavon
In: Shankland, Thomas loan extension, a left winger

Agree with Andreu & Beavon, would like to see more of Ogogo before we write him off. So many positive things said about him before we signed him I can’t believe we’ve seen the real player yet unless injuries have taken their toll.

Users who are viewing this thread