January Window (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Third division clubs can’t turn down big bids from higher league clubs or pay the wages they can it’s the football pecking order, keep an eye on Reading for example if they come down players will be shipped out from there left right and centre probably including McNulty.

steve82

Didn't exactly work out as planned at Reading did it.still would like him back thou

So to clarify you blame MR for Burge, Willis and Davies for allowing their contracts to run down and the sale of McNulty yet would have him back on loan putting the development back of any of our current strikers for a 5 months worth of football while also getting himself back up to speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sylus

So to clarify you blame MR for Burge, Willis and Davies for allowing their contracts to run down and the sale of McNulty yet would have him back on loan putting the development back of any of our current strikers for a 5 months worth of football while also getting himself back up to speed.

To right,i mean who else is to blame for contracts running down,ME?. of course it is Robin's fault,after all he is the boss, he isn't completely blameless here you know.

Oh and with McNulty saga, i never wanted him to go in the first place,but had to accept it like everybody else,i feel him coming back (if he is of course ) would have no barring on me,that decision is out of my hands,our strikers though this season hardly been prolific though have they, especially Chaplin

steve82

To right,i mean who else is to blame for contracts running down,ME?. of course it is Robin's fault,after all he is the boss, he isn't completely blameless here you know.

Oh and with McNulty saga, i never wanted him to go in the first place,but had to accept it like everybody else,i feel him coming back (if he is of course ) would have no barring on me,that decision is out of my hands,our strikers though this season hardly been prolific though have they, especially Chaplin

So you’ll happily cut the development of Chaplin who is our own player under contract for that of a man who’s agent engineered a move away from the club. That’s the same man then leaving the club potentially hi and dry again twice in a season.

As for players out of contract, it’s a bizarre statement to make.
Do you seriously think he’s not had contact with any of the players or agents in regards of entering negotiations into new deals?

Do you also think it would be damaging for the relationships between manager and players to publicly state at this point the players are refusing to consider negotiations at this stage.

sylus

So you’ll happily cut the development of Chaplin who is our own player under contract for that of a man who’s agent engineered a move away from the club. That’s the same man then leaving the club potentially hi and dry again twice in a season.

As for players out of contract, it’s a bizarre statement to make.
Do you seriously think he’s not had contact with any of the players or agents in regards of entering negotiations into new deals?

Do you also think it would be damaging for the relationships between manager and players to publicly state at this point the players are refusing to consider negotiations at this stage.

Chaplin, the very man Robin's spent all summer chasing around,more like Portsmouth giving Robin's the run around,and when we finally get our man,5 goals in 20 games,only 2,i might add from open play,2 pens,1 free kick.i am beginning to see why Portsmouth let him go,his work rate is good,his end product thou is woeful,still, like you say his our man( and i do like him surprisingly) and i only wish him the best while in Sky blue colours,and yes he is young and developing but by the time we see the best out of him,which we won't, him like McNulty will be sold and then the process starts all over again. Deja Vu

Nick

Administrator

Players can also run their contracts down......Agents often advise their players to do that so then they get a nice signing on fee.

sylus

I understand that Nick,and that might be the case here,but i am not convinced Robin's has done enough,has there been any talk of contracts renewal or offered from robin's recently,i don't think so.i might be wrong

Sky Blue Pete

I understand that Nick,and that might be the case here,but i am not convinced Robin's has done enough,has there been any talk of contracts renewal or offered from robin's recently,i don't think so.i might be wrong
Well to be fair you have no idea either way

better days

Players can also run their contracts down......Agents often advise their players to do that so then they get a nice signing on fee.
I doubt that is the case here
My understanding is we are up to/close to budget under FFP rules
It may be they'll be made an offer if/when other players leave (perhaps like Ogogo, Camwell) and come off our wage bill

Nick

Administrator
It may be they'll be made an offer if/when other players leave (perhaps like Ogogo, Camwell) come off our wage bill

Guess that's if they are much more improved.

Would they not have had clauses in if we got promotion their wages went up? (same as they do when relegated)

steve82

FFP will undoubtedly have a impact on engagement on any deals but I’m sure the club will be wanting discussions as a minimum.

Even MR’s quote that “I am quite open to doing something but I think there is a clear message coming from their camps” suggests they are the ones not talking at this stage than MR.

better days

Guess that's if they are much more improved.

Would they not have had clauses in if we got promotion their wages went up? (same as they do when relegated)
Contracts often have a clause saying they can be renegotiated if the club goes up but often no figure is mentioned

fernandopartridge

Christ almighty, why are you so angry?

skybluegod

Contracts often have a clause saying they can be renegotiated if the club goes up but often no figure is mentioned

They can be renegotiated no matter what.

It is fairly common for their to be a percentage increase/decrease based around promotion/Relegation, or a lump bonus.

better days

They can be renegotiated no matter what.

It is fairly common for their to be a percentage increase/decrease based around promotion/Relegation, or a lump bonus.
Most clubs have a separate bonus system with a formula to pay incentive payments in the event of promotion
The salary figures are usually shown as a weekly amount with a clause saying something like 'to be renegotiated in the event of promotion'

skybluegod

Most clubs have a separate bonus system with a formula to pay incentive payments in the event of promotion
The salary figures are usually shown as a weekly amount with a clause saying something like 'to be renegotiated in the event of promotion'

Yes there is a lump bonus system separate.

But having been involved in football, it is as i said, common for players contracts to have percentage increase/decreased based on promotion/relegation. Admittedly it is never enough, but it is common.

Liquid Gold

It may be they'll be made an offer if/when other players leave (perhaps like Ogogo, Camwell) and come off our wage bill
Is Ogogo a likely out and would that a be a perm or loan? My uneducated guess would be that he's our highest paid player and clearly nowhere near up to speed.

better days

Is Ogogo a likely out and would that a be a perm or loan? My uneducated guess would be that he's our highest paid player and clearly nowhere near up to speed.
I know the lad wants to play & as he's out of the squad I wouldn't be surprised if the club let him go if we get a reasonable offer from a club who need a player in his position

Esoterica

I know the lad wants to play & as he's out of the squad I wouldn't be surprised if the club let him go if we get a reasonable offer from a club who need a player in his position
Do you think the extent of the Kelly injury may affect that?

Deity

Ogogo and Westbrook are not remotely similar as players. I doubt Westbrook’s one senior appearance will have any baring on the decision taken.

Gibbo

Gibbo

oops posted in error. Was about to say that McNulty is on the best earner he is ever likely to have. If he has any commercial sense he will sit it out in Reading, playing or not

Users who are viewing this thread