January Transfer Window (1 Viewer)

Frostie

junglej13

Being credited with an interest in Neil Taylor... Although it stinks of an agent trying to drive up a deal.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

At this stage in his career he needs to be playing. Not sure whether a permanent deal or a loan would suit CCFC or him best. He's made significant contribution to our rise from L2 to Championship. However, this season he's had very little time in the first team.
Why would loaning him out suit us?

Frostie

Being credited with an interest in Neil Taylor... Although it stinks of an agent trying to drive up a deal.

It's utter nonsense clickbait.
His deal doesn't expire today & he's already in talks about extending it anyway. Pure horseshit from one of the least credible accounts around (and that's saying something).

junglej13

His deal doesn't expire today & he's already in talks about extending it anyway. Pure horseshit from one of the least credible accounts around (and that's saying something).
The site is usually the most reliable of these type of accounts in my opinion. Many times the stories broken by Pete O'Rourke who used to work for Sky come straight from here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, his current wage is equivalent to about half our starting XI’s wage.

You’d still happily take

Buchanan
Sibley
Bird
Lawrence
Allsopp as a back up

It’s a mid table squad which is where it would be without 21 taken off

Frostie

The site is usually the most reliable of these type of accounts in my opinion. Many times the stories broken by Pete O'Rourke who used to work for Sky come straight from here.

"32-yr-old's short-term deal expires today"

100% factually incorrect.

The piece is by some no mark journo called Wayne Vesey, struggling to find anything at all that he's ever called correctly tbh.

Garryb80

It could expire today. He only signed a short term deal

SBAndy

You’d still happily take

Buchanan
Sibley
Bird
Lawrence
Allsopp as a back up

It’s a mid table squad which is where it would be without 21 taken off

Correct. Not sure where the link is between what I’d said and your response, but hey ho.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hoofhearted

Not sure if anyone's already posted this or not but I believe Shipley was the Shrewsbury and Sheffield Wednesday game today with his family, could have just been watching someone he knew but just thought I'd mention it.
On the LB/LWB front I saw the other day that Bristol City are making Jay Dasilva available for transfer as he's surplus to requirements there. Now before anyone points out that if he's not good enough for them he's not good enough for us etc etc, Bristol City don't often play wing backs and Dasilva is more of a wing back, also he was at Chelsea academy and may be yet another one with a Viveash connection.
Not a rumour, just a thought that crosses my mind.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure if anyone's already posted this or not but I believe Shipley was the Shrewsbury and Sheffield Wednesday game today with his family, could have just been watching someone he knew but just thought I'd mention it.
On the LB/LWB front I saw the other day that Bristol City are making Jay Dasilva available for transfer as he's surplus to requirements there. Now before anyone points out that if he's not good enough for them he's not good enough for us etc etc, Bristol City don't often play wing backs and Dasilva is more of a wing back, also he was at Chelsea academy and may be yet another one with a Viveash connection.

Not a bad call, and about the only way we can afford players like that

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think that is a good call, I think robins can get the best out of him

rexo87

I'm fairly sure Shipley was just watching Marosi. He was good mates with him when he was here

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hoofhearted

I'm fairly sure Shipley was just watching Marosi. He was good mates with him when he was here

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Yeah your probably right there but a friend at a club, possibly putting a word in with the manager... Stranger things have happened.

Winny the Bish

They'd require fees but would love to see us go for Dan Barlaser or Matt O'Riley from League 1. Get some more goals in the midfield.

Deity

This window will tell us whether Sisu have any real ambition for us to make the step up or not.

This league is bang average. With 2 or 3 quality loans ( fully variable cost ) the club could challenge for the play offs.

This is exactly the sort of situation VC’s love. A controlled roll of the dice with huge potential upside.

@betterdays any idea whether Dave Boddy has met with Joy to pitch the case for further investment beyond the original budget ??

Frostie

They'd require fees but would love to see us go for Dan Barlaser or Matt O'Riley from League 1. Get some more goals in the midfield.

Yeah, great players but no chance unfortunately. O'Riley in particular will have much bigger suitors. Best player in L1 imo, he'll get a top Championship move & then he's a nailed on future PL player in my eyes.

slowpoke

Yeah, great players but no chance unfortunately. O'Riley in particular will have much bigger suitors. Best player in L1 imo, he'll get a top Championship move & then he's a nailed on future PL player in my eyes.
We would be a top championship move

Winny the Bish

Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Swansea, Barsley and Hudds are the clubs Sky Sports have linked with O'Riley. We're at least a better proposition than the last two in that list, but would be tough trying to compete with Bournemouth and the others.

Users who are viewing this thread