January Transfer Window (4 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

Harley Dean placed on the transfer list at blues , knows the division, 30 years old. Played for Brentford in this league aswell I think? Might be worth a look?

SBAndy

Harley Dean placed on the transfer list at blues , knows the division, 30 years old. Played for Brentford in this league aswell I think? Might be worth a look?

Genuinely think I’m better on the ball than he is and I haven’t played for about 3 years. Awful player.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes and pay his huge wages too shall we?

Contracted to 2023, so won't take a wages hit at his age. Unless Blues agree to pick up some of his wages, I think they'll be stuck with him - I don't rate him in terms of use of the ball. Other clubs will be short of cash, so Blues get left with a player who is 'unwanted' and on big money. Club captain too!

SlowerThanPlatt

Not good if Villa take 2 of our U16s. Don’t know a lot about the other lad who went there but Moore is very highly rated and played for our 23s already

skybluegod

Not good if Villa take 2 of our U16s. Don’t know a lot about the other lad who went there but Moore is very highly rated and played for our 23s already

Villa have been doing it for years from what I know. When I volunteered with the academy set-up briefly a few years back I was speaking to the academy head of recruitment and he mentioned that a few years ago a coach left villa and came to work for the club but within a few months he suddenly just left, returned to villa and took all the of the best kids with him, about 6/7 players switched academy like that.

It's the unfortunate reality of where the two clubs are at that they can take all of the best talent.

Terry_dactyl

Is there a massive incentive to go to a bigger club, where you’re likely never get near the first team? Do they get paid more? Is the coaching better? Or just being at a massive club?
Or all of the above.

I think I’ve probably answered my own question here.

Bertola

Is there a massive incentive to go to a bigger club, where you’re likely never get near the first team? Do they get paid more? Is the coaching better? Or just being at a massive club?
Or all of the above.

I think I’ve probably answered my own question here.

It's a sensible move in some ways. IF you don't make it at a prem club, there are a lot more teams willing to take a gamble on you than if you don't make it at a smaller club

Colin Steins Smile

Young players need to consider what’s in their long term best interests. There has been lots of players who’s failed to develop, due to lack first team opportunities.
One of the issues within football is the role of agents, who want to ensure a regular cash flow from moving players.... rather than considering their long term best interests.

slowpoke

Young players need to consider what’s in their long term best interests. There has been lots of players who’s failed to develop, due to lack first team opportunities.
One of the issues within football is the role of agents, who want to ensure a regular cash flow from moving players.... rather than considering their long term best interests.
What do you mean by failed to develop ?

Users who are viewing this thread