January Transfer Window (3 Viewers)

long way home

DB didn't need to say anything in depth about bids for our players he would of been better had he said nothing. He could of just talked about Bidwell and signing extension with current players the club want to take the next step, thats fine. Could of talked about those out on loan, it creates no uncertainty or even a headline.

But by spouting they turned this approach away that new approach away was a deliberate act which didn't look good. It brings more questions than answers as to why he said it, and what was his end game by saying it. It's a sort of Tim thing to do, and if DB wants to do well he should not be taking Tims approach to fan interaction.

DB has done an ok job and I hope he continues to do so. I don't care for him as much as I care about the job he is doing. And aslong as he has the club best interest at the front of decision, all is ok. This was a mis step and not appreciated by MR, as you heard the two reactions to the news. Completely different starting points and I know which one was trying to put it to bed and say let's talk about something else. MR is not a talker quiet about his trade and how he does his business, it's a need to know basis. Even with his players he tells them when they need to know and what they need to do, he doesn't strike of a waster of words

I hope DB had a chat with MR and both worked out a better way as to what information gets out about the clubs potentially dealings on players. If you make a deal fine, explain if you want, but to stop rumor or worry throughout the club, it's surely better that your comments don't fall short of talking with conviction about the outcome. If you stand shrugging your shoulders with open arms, saying not enough, it gives an opening. If you say not even substantial and nobody is knocking my door to leave it sends a completely different message to those calling.

Both DB and MR have to send the same message while all the time knowing everyone has a price and that includes the price to replace.

Last edited:

Greggs

Waiting for the backlash at the new £400 early bird season ticket prices.

Liquid Gold

DB didn't need to say anything in depth about bids for our players he would of been better had he said nothing. He could of just talked about Bidwell and signing extension with current players the club want to take the next step, thats fine. Could of talked about those out on loan, it creates no uncertainty or even a headline.

But by spouting they turned this approach away that new approach away was a deliberate act which didn't look good. It brings more questions than answers as to why he said it, and what was his end game by saying it. It's a sort of Tim thing to do, and if DB wants to do well he should not be taking Tims approach to fan interaction.

DB has done an ok job and I hope he continues to do so. I don't care for him as much as I care about the job he is doing. And aslong as he has the club best interest at the front of decision, all is ok. This was a mis step and not appreciated by MR, as you heard the two reactions to the news. Completely different starting points and I know which one was trying to put it to bed and say let's talk about something else. MR is not a talker quiet about his trade and how he does his business, it's a need to know basis. Even with his players he tells them when they need to know and what they need to do, he doesn't strike of a waster of words

I hope DB had a chat with MR and both worked out a better way as to what information gets out about the clubs potentially dealings on players. If you make a deal fine, explain if you want, but to stop rumor or worry throughout the club, it's surely better that your comments don't fall short of talking with conviction about the outcome. If you stand shrugging your shoulders with open arms, saying not enough, it gives an opening. If you say not even substantial and nobody is knocking my door to leave it sends a completely different message to those calling.

Both DB and MR have to send the same message while all the time knowing everyone has a price and that includes the price to replace.
Calm down war and peace

David O'Day

TL:DR

Users who are viewing this thread