January transfer window (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

But he was a good payer for us at a crucial time and contributed to our important uplift in form at the backend of last season, I do agree though he would have been an expensive signing having said that a similar acquisition loan perhaps could be significant in our quest for top six or better.

fernandopartridge

But he was a good payer for us at a crucial time and contributed to our important uplift in form at the backend of last season, I do agree though he would have been an expensive signing having said that a similar acquisition loan perhaps could be significant in our quest for top six or better.
It was more the tactics that delivered the uplift in results, the aggressive way we play now started at Rotherham after a preview at home to Brentford. We've not looked back.

slowpoke

Sheaf over James all day every day. Wasted 6 months of sheaf’s development playing that has been last year
You are forgetting Sheaf who I rate highly was injured for a good part of the second half of last season at least a couple of months and went back to Arsenal for treatment which thankfully was a success and he has come back a better for it.

CDK

Sheaf I think is the one that will remain longest out of O'Hare ,hamer and him at city,James is a good player but joining them I think Pearson will be sacked end of season so he will regret joining them.

Ccfc1390

Sheaf I think is the one that will remain longest out of O'Hare ,hamer and him at city,James is a good player but joining them I think Pearson will be sacked end of season so he will regret joining them.
I'm a big fan of sheaf aswell

Theonlywayisskyblue

Moore to date has been a massive improvement. Gyo and Godden (now fully fit for the first time since we signed him) likewise. Think Sheaf is class but can lose concentration near the end of games. Kelly is an integral part of our squad and got a contract extension for more than just his footballing ability which is fine for the Championship. James was head and shoulders above most of the midfielders in the Championship last season. He would be a Coventry player and in the team ahead of Sheaf (who is still learning) if he had signed for us. The reason James isn't a Cov player were his wage demands balanced against his injury problems. It is no coincidence he was one of the first players we tried to sign in the close season. I think McCallum slightly edges it over Maa who is still making those learning curve errors. If I had to bet on who will end up the better player, I would say Maa (barring injuries). McCallum is older with more experience. He made his mistakes with us and before his injury was progressing nicely at QPR. We could use McCallum's superior goalscoring ability and those long throws but that train has left the station.
I think Moore breeds confidence as well in the defence and across the whole team. Such a pivotal position

WestEndAgro

I like the look of Santos at Bolton, posable longterm replacement for Fadz.
Always looked decent when I've seen him.

Bugsy

I like the look of Santos at Bolton, posable longterm replacement for Fadz.
Always looked decent when I've seen him.

It's a massive jump from league 1 to the prem. Can't see it to be honest.....PUSB

skybluegod

Got injured in april. So wasted 2/3 months. Stick to England

He had two different injuries during the second half of last season. He pulled his hamstring in February early Feb which kept him out for 3/4 weeks. Then he was on the bench for 4 weeks. Then got injured end of March.

The reality is staying up was more important than his development in any case, and James certainly played his part in that.

blunted

James was and is a top quality player. He is expensive for a reason and his injury record would always be a concern for any club. It is no coincidence Barnsley's season took off last season when he joined them. See Barnsley's posts that said he was one of the best players they have ever had in their team. Once he was bedded in with us last season, he was very,very good. MR and AV wanted him back no question and he was one of the first players on their list they tried to sign. It is disingenuous to say he is old and crap now he is playing for a poor Bristol team that seem to lack motivation. Sheaf was our player anyway as we had agreed to buy him. Sheaf I think and hope will be an important player for us. IMHO his devlopment has a long way to go and now injury free he is getting better all the time. Some players grow out of their mistakes and I believe Sheaf will do that. The only argument I would agree with for not getting James is that we may have lost out on players we bought subsequently like Gyo or the loans from Chelski. Cliche I know, but form in temporary, class is permanent. That said, if James' injury problems return big time, we may have dodged a bullet.

shmmeee

James was and is a top quality player. He is expensive for a reason and his injury record would always be a concern for any club. It is no coincidence Barnsley's season took off last season when he joined them. See Barnsley's posts that said he was one of the best players they have ever had in their team. Once he was bedded in with us last season, he was very,very good. MR and AV wanted him back no question and he was one of the first players on their list they tried to sign. It is disingenuous to say he is old and crap now he is playing for a poor Bristol team that seem to lack motivation. Sheaf was our player anyway as we had agreed to buy him. Sheaf I think and hope will be an important player for us. IMHO his devlopment has a long way to go and now injury free he is getting better all the time. Some players grow out of their mistakes and I believe Sheaf will do that. The only argument I would agree with for not getting James is that we may have lost out on players we bought subsequently like Gyo or the loans from Chelski. Cliche I know, but form in temporary, class is permanent. That said, if James' injury problems return big time, we may have dodged a bullet.

Didn’t Barnsley’s season take off after he was let go?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

How about Tudor Baluta of Brighton, out of contract end if the season, 22 years old, defensive midfielder, previously of Dynamo Kyiv and ADO den Hag

TomRad85

I know it's a huge gap to the conference but damn how many goals does Tshimanga score for Chesterfield? Absolute goal machine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

On a similar note, I’ve noticed Dennis Politic is also out of contract at the end of the season and has so far refused to sign a new deal. Looked very good in L1 before his injury. Worth a thought as a backup to O’Hare (assuming he gets back to regular playing time and no remaining fitness issues)?

On the face of it he’s refused it to play regular football as they’ve loaned him out? Struggled to get into the Port Vale side in League 2, five appearances

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I know its unlikely due to wages, age, and used to play for us but Jacob Murphy anyone, has become a WB now (mainly RWB) but I think he would be to Maatsen what Kane is to Dabo or even the replacement for Maatsen if he does get recalled

Offhegoes

I know its unlikely due to wages, age, and used to play for us but Jacob Murphy anyone, has become a WB now (mainly RWB) but I think he would be to Maatsen what Kane is to Dabo or even the replacement for Maatsen if he does get recalled
So we end up with 3 RWBs. With one to play on the wrong side. No thanks

Users who are viewing this thread