January transfer window (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

If we are still in the top 4 in January after a hurdling the tough fixture list coming up – Will we be signing some players in the January window for a possible push for a play off place

hill83

DUNNO

SyJ6p6G.jpg

hill83

"Asked for his thoughts on the situation in January, the City boss told CoventryLive: “We have got to have a sit down and discuss what’s happening, to see if we can do anything ourselves.

“If it’s a ‘no’ we may have to free things up to bring people in, but that’s something else.

“I have not got to that stage yet. I have to sit down and have a chat about that.

“I know where we are financially at this moment in time, and we are at the limit. So at the end of the day there’s not a lot we’re going to be able to do I don’t think, although you’d want to. Certainly, you’d want to, so let’s see.”

covboy1987

"Asked for his thoughts on the situation in January, the City boss told CoventryLive: “We have got to have a sit down and discuss what’s happening, to see if we can do anything ourselves.

“If it’s a ‘no’ we may have to free things up to bring people in, but that’s something else.

“I have not got to that stage yet. I have to sit down and have a chat about that.

“I know where we are financially at this moment in time, and we are at the limit. So at the end of the day there’s not a lot we’re going to be able to do I don’t think, although you’d want to. Certainly, you’d want to, so let’s see.”
Understand the official line - However we are talking about potential millions in the promised land of the premiership - being hedge fund owners they are risk takers

Mcbean

January not the best time ! Would we be under threat from someone coming in for O Hare , Victor or Hamer ? 😳

Samo

Well we know its not true that are at our limit don't we? Whatever we were paying Bright is now free for starters.

eastwoodsdustman

I'd like us to get one or preferably two left sided defenders. I'm not 100% on Maatsen or JCS. I know Maatsen is 19 but I'd hate to get our season derailed because of his inexperience and both of their inconsistency.
I really hope that they improve and become more consistent over the next month or so but I still see teams looking to our left side when they attack us.
Other than that I really wouldn't upset the applecart too much for the sake of it as we have a really tight knit squad.

Skyblueweeman

What do we think about this?

positive or negative?

Wow. Good stat.

I'd say it's more of a positive. If we have lots of injuries/suspensions, then it becomes an issue as we'll be looking at those outside the 20 who might not have been around the squad etc but I still think MR and the team would manage that effectively.

Doing what we're doing with as few players as we have, fosters a better 'togetherness' - like 'we're all in this together' mentality. That's positive and perhaps better to manage in a smaller group so yeah, definitely positive.

Londonccfcfan

Wow. Good stat.

I'd say it's more of a positive. If we have lots of injuries/suspensions, then it becomes an issue as we'll be looking at those outside the 20 who might not have been around the squad etc but I still think MR and the team would manage that effectively.

Doing what we're doing with as few players as we have, fosters a better 'togetherness' - like 'we're all in this together' mentality. That's positive and perhaps better to manage in a smaller group so yeah, definitely positive.

Thats a big positive. Team cohesion and all that. I think Maatsen has showed signs for me hes improving all the time.

Every championship will be inconsistant.

As for January improvements. Anybody that can improve the first team or squad. Doesnt matter which position. There are no glaring positions we need strengthening other than Attacking midfielders.but they dont grow on trees and cost alot of money.

Alkhen

One benifit for Maatsen getting the red is that we are going to see just how well Dabo/Kane can slot in as cover on the left. if it works out well then could save us a bit of cash.

Really hope we can get in somebody to lighten O'hares load in attacking mid. would be nice to think we are now a pretty decent option for the bigger prem teams to loan quality youngsters to.

Would be nice to upgrade the backup keeper options, hard sell signing someone as a cover though.

Reactions: AOM

Mucca Mad Boys

What do we think about this?

positive or negative?

It means we have a settled team and there’s not much chopping and changing.

Context is everything and we find ourselves in 4th place after 17 games behind 2 relegated teams and Bournemouth. It’s certainly a good thing at this point.

hill83

Where's that from? I don't think it's right, I have us as used 29 last season.

It's showing us as 19 for this season. Don't know if it's correct though to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread