January transfer window (1 Viewer)

blunted

What stands out for me is NO ACADEMY PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED SO FAR.

I bet that hasn't happened in how many years!??? Usually by November we have had at least 2/3..

Shipley...Eccles...Bapaga....Burroughs...Drysdale last year.

We may not see any academy products this year. First time that I can remember.
Wait for the FA cup depending on the opposition.

blunted

Dabo looks fine at LWB because he is primarily a good defending WB. One thing Kane does better than Dabo us that he has a better cross on him.
Just saw the season review of League 1 and Dabos crossing looked good. Think the opposing teams have realised what a strong attacking option he is for us and closed him down. Maa has had way more opportunites and is still looking for some consistency in his crossing. Watched one of the matches on iFollow with away commentary and said Maa had improved massively since his loan at Charlton.

blunted

Think we have spent most of our budget so far. The National Insurance increase will add to our existing wage bill and has to be factored into all existing and future contracts. Fuel increases may have an impact depending on our contracts with the Wasps. That said, we have bigger than forecast gates and I think MR sensibly always says we have no money which helps with negotiations during purchases and loans. Surprised Lawrence didn't pick up a top loan from Everton for us the way Vivash has from Chelski. Expect a couple of loans in January, but only if they improve the squad which may be difficult. We have had Bright and James in the past that have transformed our seasons during their respective loans. Just hope our staff can pull some more jems out of the hat in this window.

blunted

At our current level, Dabo doesn't have the pace to beat full backs and that is compromising his delivery
Agree to a degree. Often Dabo has the ball at his feet and I am willing him to hit it first time but he takes an extra touch. That is not a pace problem, that is decision making issue. Top coaches I assume say don't just cross if there is noone to pick out, take an extra touch and be more clinical. Dabo is IMO a class player who is going through a slight loss of form, as all players do. I have criticised his crossing this season but he is still up-to-date our best right back and MR clearly thinks so too. If Kane can do better, he needs to prove it and he will never get a better chance than the next couple of games. Kane is not particularly fast. One great game against a shit Bristol side does not mean Kane is better than Dabo. If Kane can fulfill the potential he showed at Chelsea when he was 18 we will have some player in our squad.

ceetee

Fair enough, but we sit in Block 23 so he's often in front of us when he needs to cross the ball. On several occasions he has tried to go past the FB but is just not quick enough. It's frustrating as he needs to adjust his game and put in earlier crosses

lifeskyblue

Since his hamstring injury either Dabo doesn’t trust himself to go past the defender or just is no longer able to find burst of pace to get past the defender. He has definitely lost a yard of pace and also some confidence. He has to rediscover that confidence and pace to take on his opposite number or adapt his game and cross the ball first touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

What stands out for me is NO ACADEMY PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED SO FAR.

I bet that hasn't happened in how many years!??? Usually by November we have had at least 2/3..

Shipley...Eccles...Bapaga....Burroughs...Drysdale last year.

We may not see any academy products this year. First time that I can remember.
We’ll Eccles has been injured all season, Bapaga and Burroughs are on season long loans and Drysdale didn’t come through the Acadamy and has also been injured.

slowpoke

I would love us to push the boat out and bring in a serious AM. Looking at our squad and splitting it defence. midfield and striker while I would accept any player that’s better I think we are covered at the back and striker. Can play back five, three at the back or as it proved Saturday a flat back four, four strikers plus a reserve scoring for fun, but midfield I just think a class am addition could be a crucial signing for us to maintain our progress at the top of the league imo opinion we don’t score anywhere near enough goals from there.

CDK

Think Kane deserves a run in the side as dabo has not been at his best and maybe the left side might motivate him with being moved from the right side.when Matteson returns then put dabo on the bench.

slowpoke

Kane is a good player and a provern championship player the only one of our defence who is really.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Maatsen is a class and hot prospect. Let's use him like he/Chelsea will use Coventry. Yes he will make mistakes but he is a quality player. His defensive frailities hopefully will reduce. I've seen some performances that weren't like a season professional but that's the point he is only 18.

slowpoke

Maatsen is a class and hot prospect. Let's use him like he/Chelsea will use Coventry. Yes he will make mistakes but he is a quality player. His defensive frailities hopefully will reduce. I've seen some performances that weren't like a season professional but that's the point he is only 18.
He was playing really well Saturday but until that daft penalty.

Londonccfcfan

Just saw the season review of League 1 and Dabos crossing looked good. Think the opposing teams have realised what a strong attacking option he is for us and closed him down. Maa has had way more opportunites and is still looking for some consistency in his crossing. Watched one of the matches on iFollow with away commentary and said Maa had improved massively since his loan at Charlton.

Dabos crossing was definately good in league 1. Has dropped off a bit in championship.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

At our current level, Dabo doesn't have the pace to beat full backs and that is compromising his delivery
No he definitely has the pace, its more that opposing full backs/wing backs have studied how to stop him as at the start of the season he looked really good, its the same for him as it was for Viktor and Im sure if anyone else starts hitting highs other than Godden and O’hare teams will find ways to get them out of games, the reason I say other than Godden and O’hare is because they both pop up in the most needed moments, and in O’hare’s case is the best AM in the division at the moment

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Fair enough, but we sit in Block 23 so he's often in front of us when he needs to cross the ball. On several occasions he has tried to go past the FB but is just not quick enough. It's frustrating as he needs to adjust his game and put in earlier crosses
I also sit around that area, I dont see that sort of thing, I see Dabo having bad decision making when up against a quick full back, Dabo is quick himself just there are quicker out there, to say he is not quick enough is a joke

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would love us to push the boat out and bring in a serious AM. Looking at our squad and splitting it defence. midfield and striker while I would accept any player that’s better I think we are covered at the back and striker. Can play back five, three at the back or as it proved Saturday a flat back four, four strikers plus a reserve scoring for fun, but midfield I just think a class am addition could be a crucial signing for us to maintain our progress at the top of the league imo opinion we don’t score anywhere near enough goals from there.
Definitely need another CB and LWB, I think defence is possibly weakest in terms of depth

slowpoke

Definitely need another CB and LWB, I think defence is possibly weakest in terms of depth
I’d put attacking midfield as priority, admittedly we do need a centre half eventually to replace McFadz and long term maybe others but at the moment I think we can cope the rest of the season, but if MR can pluck one out the air for a bargain then yes get him, same with LWB or left fullback but again Maatsen is okay for me. According to MR JCS has been carrying an achilles problem for a while hopefully that will clear up soon.
So as said midfields priority for me, haven’t seen much of Eccles to give an opinion but he is back soon I believe maybe he’s an answer have to wait and see on that one.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I’d put attacking midfield as priority, admittedly we do need a centre half eventually to replace McFadz and long term maybe others but at the moment I think we can cope the rest of the season, but if MR can pluck one out the air for a bargain then yes get him, same with LWB or left fullback but again Maatsen is okay for me. According to MR JCS has been carrying an achilles problem for a while hopefully that will clear up soon.
I agree Maatsen has been okay, Im just thinking young ish back up who can step in next season

Users who are viewing this thread