January transfer window (2 Viewers)

Frostie

It's showing us as 19 for this season. Don't know if it's correct though to be fair.

19 this season so far is correct but yeah, their total is wrong for last season (and League One season).

The irony is they list all the players used but somehow missed 6 of them off their total...
Can only think the total is based on a minimum number of appearances but that kind of defeats the object! 😁

SleepyGinger

Left wing back and a 10 are priority. Wouldn’t say no to a top quality centre half either. Probably all on loan.

Hertsccfc

I'd like us to get one or preferably two left sided defenders. I'm not 100% on Maatsen or JCS. I know Maatsen is 19 but I'd hate to get our season derailed because of his inexperience and both of their inconsistency.
I really hope that they improve and become more consistent over the next month or so but I still see teams looking to our left side when they attack us.
Other than that I really wouldn't upset the applecart too much for the sake of it as we have a really tight knit squad.
I agree with this but I suspect we have financial implications from Chelsea if we don't play them. But if nothing else we need cover.

hill83

I agree with this but I suspect we have financial implications from Chelsea if we don't play them. But if nothing else we need cover.

I can’t see that being a thing really. You reckon that’s something Robins would agree to? Especially for a youngster who we weren’t sure how good he would be for us.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What do we think about this?

positive or negative?

It's pretty good because it shows we're doing well - success breeds stability - and we've done OK with injuries but there is that nagging thought that maybe at some point they might get fatigued and performance levels will drop. If we can keep that small group fit and be able to swap a few people around every now and again to allow people to get a rest I think it'll be OK, but the lack of cover at LWB and CAM is a worry.

Mucca Mad Boys

Whilst not being convinced by him, possibly because I was a big fan of MacCallum, my main concern is there's no cover for him, if he was injured or had a loss of form, that is unless we play someone else out of position

Dabo looks fine at LWB because he is primarily a good defending WB. One thing Kane does better than Dabo us that he has a better cross on him.

Londonccfcfan

Transfermarkt for you mate, great for some things, terrible for others!

FBref are the dogs

What stands out for me is NO ACADEMY PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED SO FAR.

I bet that hasn't happened in how many years!??? Usually by November we have had at least 2/3..

Shipley...Eccles...Bapaga....Burroughs...Drysdale last year.

We may not see any academy products this year. First time that I can remember.

Londonccfcfan

Shows how far we have come. Much harder for academy players to be at this level.

Checkatrade trophy/ league 2 half our team were academy products.

Burge
Willis
Shipley
Bayliss
Ponticelli
Stevenson
Thomas

Off the top of my head

skybluesam66

i think the academy thing is harder the more you progress
if we were in league 1/2 more of them would be ready for that level

I think that is why we support this with the players for the u23s eg Ruus tavares etc

shmmeee

i think the academy thing is harder the more you progress
if we were in league 1/2 more of them would be ready for that level

I think that is why we support this with the players for the u23s eg Ruus tavares etc

I think as well it’s about how quickly we have risen. You can imagine say Charlie McCann still being here had we been an established Championship club and to have broken into the team or be close to it. As it is we lost him to Man Utd early on. There’ll be others that didn’t even consider us as a L1/2 club and went elsewhere.

Hopefully the longer we’re at this level the better kids well attract and retain.

better days

What stands out for me is NO ACADEMY PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED SO FAR.

I bet that hasn't happened in how many years!??? Usually by November we have had at least 2/3..

Shipley...Eccles...Bapaga....Burroughs...Drysdale last year.

We may not see any academy products this year. First time that I can remember.
Eccles would almost certainly have featured if he hadn't had his injury
Was going well in pre-season

Tea & Busquets

For me i’d say in order

LB (Permanent starting quality)

A shout would be Kenneth Paal of Pec Zwolle who we have already done a decent bit of business with.

AM (On loan to challenge COH)

A shout would be Taylor Richards from Brighton, killed it in L1 with Doncaster, and we have a good business relationship with Brighton.

CB (Permanent, preferably a left sided defender)

A shout would be Ryan Tafazolli from Wycombe, a very solid yoyo defender in the championship/league 1. Big set piece threat, has 4g 1a in L1 as a CB, I must add.

ST (Loan if we don’t slot in Tavares/loan him out)

A shout would be Rob Street from Palace, decent scoring record for their PL2 side.

4 signings is really stretching it IMO.

lord_garrincha

For me i’d say in order

LB (Permanent starting quality)

A shout would be Kenneth Paal of Pec Zwolle who we have already done a decent bit of business with.

AM (On loan to challenge COH)

A shout would be Taylor Richards from Brighton, killed it in L1 with Doncaster, and we have a good business relationship with Brighton.

CB (Permanent, preferably a left sided defender)

A shout would be Ryan Tafazolli from Wycombe, a very solid yoyo defender in the championship/league 1. Big set piece threat, has 4g 1a in L1 as a CB, I must add.

ST (Loan if we don’t slot in Tavares/loan him out)

A shout would be Rob Street from Palace, decent scoring record for their PL2 side.

4 signings is really stretching it IMO.
Someone's got FM 2022 early doors!

Mucca Mad Boys

I couldn't disagree more if I'm honest. He's class already. All about opinions though I guess.

We had cover for McCallum last season and we didn’t really need to dip into that. We really should be fine with Dabo, Maatsen, Kane then DaCosta barring a really unlucky injury run.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think as well it’s about how quickly we have risen. You can imagine say Charlie McCann still being here had we been an established Championship club and to have broken into the team or be close to it. As it is we lost him to Man Utd early on. There’ll be others that didn’t even consider us as a L1/2 club and went elsewhere.

Hopefully the longer we’re at this level the better kids well attract and retain.

It’s been a great move for McCann is he not in the Rangers under 23’s after being in United’s, he is their version of Bremang. Obviously he has made a few quid but not a great football move

skybluegod

Well we know its not true that are at our limit don't we? Whatever we were paying Bright is now free for starters.

We will have paid up some of that contract, he won't have left for nothing.
Its also largely accepted he probably wasn't on huge money in the first place so it's hardly going to free up a tonne of cash.

skybluegod

Well we know its not true that are at our limit don't we? Whatever we were paying Bright is now free for starters.

We will have paid up some of that contract, he won't have left for nothing.
Its also largely accepted he probably wasn't on huge money in the first place so it's hardly going to free up a tonne of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread