Is a new Goalkeeper a priority (1 Viewer)

block16

Stick with Burge. Will be worth good money one day young talented shot stoppers like him are hard come by! Distribution can be trained he could be a huge asset for us one day

Magwitch

Think he is out of contract at the end of this season might be wrong but if he is and if I was him I’d look elsewhere, been slagged from pillar to post on here.

Malaka

I think he is growing. He is going to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Stick with him, we were saying the same about Murphy a few seasons ago.

Adge

Think he is out of contract at the end of this season might be wrong but if he is and if I was him I’d look elsewhere, been slagged from pillar to post on here.
Not sure he’s that fussed about that to be honest.

no_loyalty

Stick with Burge. Will be worth good money one day young talented shot stoppers like him are hard come by! Distribution can be trained he could be a huge asset for us one day

I agree he is a great shot stopper, his kicking and slow distribution does let him down at times but don't think Oggy's was the best either

lifeskyblue

Really don’t think at this level we would get anyone better. He has developed well in the last year and now looks solid and dependable. His command of his area greatly improved on a couple seasons ago.
All keepers make mistakes that lead to goals but it is about minimising these and keeping concentration. Just hope his next mistake he isn’t crucified by us fans.
If he can keep performing like Saturday he will again make the team of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I agree he is a great shot stopper, his kicking and slow distribution does let him down at times but don't think Oggy's was the best either
Oggy's distribution was indeed poor at lot of the time.

Last edited:

Covstu

Burge is far better than OB and I think with the right centre halves he looks capable. Apart from the elite, goalkeepers aren't great at distributing anyway but depends on what system you are playing. Burge tried to play from the back numerous times on Saturday but the other players were not alert to it. His kicking was suspect but he is learning from Oggy so enough said.

Only have to look at the Everton game yesterday and the howler from Pickford shows that it happens time and time again at all levels. We wont get better at this stage but we need a system that defends him better which we are getting closer to achieving.

skybluetony176

Good keeper at this level. Agree with the comments about needing competition and OB going in January and genuine competition coming in.

ccfchoi87

We created a few goals last year through Burge's goal kicks towards biamou. He'd hit them really high and they'd turn the opposition defence. Shipley, Bayliss and Mcnulty were really clever at picking up the second ball and to me it was a much better option than playing out like we did against Barnsley.

Otis

Yep, still is a priority.

Fact is, Burge needs competition for the jersey, and in O'Brien he has none.

Users who are viewing this thread