...increase in migrants across the Channel. (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Do you ever think about the comments you make before you press the send button?

They have travelled from France. They have no need to risk their lives to get to freedom. They are economic migrants. They have travelled through several countries that are safe before getting into that unsafe dinghy.

You preach to us how good the EU is. You preach to us how bad it will be for us to leave the EU. Yet people are risking their lives to get away from a safe place with a great future to get to a place that is supposed to be about to crash and burn if you believe what some say.

It doesn't matter. Keep up with your point scoring. Considering all the facts doesn't really matter these days. Because if you do consider all the facts it means you hate the EU and have no compassion for those from the rest of the world.

What are you on about now point scoring?
And can you find me an example of me preaching about how good the EU is?

I'll save you time, don't bother trying because you won't.

martcov

Preaching about the EU = pointing out facts.

I don’t preach about the EU either. Mostly I am just pointing out facts as there seems to be a huge amount of misunderstanding about the probable effects of Brexit.

martcov

I never said anything about Syria, my question was what is so bad about mainland Europe that they choose to put their own life in danger to make the crossing to the UK.

Nothing. They are going where they think is best for them for various reasons. Most migrants have stayed in Europe. Just because 200 out of a couple of million want to come to England doesn’t mean Western Europe is a horrible place to live. A higher percentage of the UK population live in the EU, mainland Europe, than the percentage of EU citizens living in Britain. Why? Sought of makes the „what’s so bad about mainland Europe“ argument irrelevant.

Grendel

Nothing. They are going where they think is best for them for various reasons. Most migrants have stayed in Europe. Just because 200 out of a couple of million want to come to England doesn’t mean Western Europe is a horrible place to live. A higher percentage of the UK population live in the EU, mainland Europe, than the percentage of EU citizens living in Britain. Why? Sought of makes the „what’s so bad about mainland Europe“ argument irrelevant.

Lol it’s 27 countries vs one - hilarious spin

Astute

One of the reasons is English is the language of the world. A consequence of our empire. The shelter they are given are the centres not new cars
And when they arrive the majority can't speak English. Especially when they are asked where they have come from.

Would you risk your life or learn a new language?

Grendel

The poster said „mainland Europe“, which includes the 27 countries.

But he wasn’t talking about Uk citizens living in the eu - take each country one by one and see what you conclude

Astute

So the EU isn't good?

Will remember that one.

So why do you go on about them risking their lives to cross the channel on a dinghy because they have left a dangerous place yet have crossed through safe countries to get to the channel? Suppose you never said that either

Astute

Preaching about the EU = pointing out facts.

I don’t preach about the EU either. Mostly I am just pointing out facts as there seems to be a huge amount of misunderstanding about the probable effects of Brexit.
You do preach about the EU.

Most of what you say isn't about how bad it could get but how good the EU is. It is about how much we need the EU. It is about anything anti UK and pro EU.

You are not pointing out facts. A lot of the time you make your own facts up.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So the EU isn't good?

Will remember that one.

So why do you go on about them risking their lives to cross the channel on a dinghy because they have left a dangerous place yet have crossed through safe countries to get to the channel? Suppose you never said that either

You're wasting your time I'm afraid.

Logic doesn't apply here.

Astute

And I suppose the camps that kept springing up near Dover and all those who constantly make it here in lorries only comes to 20?

And those caught crossing the channel in only the last few weeks only comes to 20.

clint van damme

So the EU isn't good?

Will remember that one.

I've never said the EU is good or not good. Just that we are so intertwined after being part of it for 40 years that leaving is going to have a massively adverse affect especially economically and that I think we will be worse off left to the devices of the current Tory government.
If you paid attention to the EU thread You would know that has always been my stance. I've never given the EU a ringing endorsement but I've never been as scathing about them as I am about our government.

And I don't know why people risked their lives crossing the channel but I do know I would never advocate letting them drown. If that's the sort of opinion you want to align yourself with then carry on.

hill83

I think the real question is why all these illegal immigrants, after risking their lives in various ways and after having made it to the UK, then decide to all go to Spon End.

Otis

I think the real question is why all these illegal immigrants, after risking their lives in various ways and after having made it to the UK, then decide to all go to Spon End.
Yup and they spend all the money they don't get from the government on widescreen 8k TV 's and brand new cars.

I want some of this virtual money too!

Astute

I've never said the EU is good or not good. Just that we are so intertwined after being part of it for 40 years that leaving is going to have a massively adverse affect especially economically and that I think we will be worse off left to the devices of the current Tory government.
If you paid attention to the EU thread You would know that has always been my stance. I've never given the EU a ringing endorsement but I've never been as scathing about them as I am about our government.

And I don't know why people risked their lives crossing the channel but I do know I would never advocate letting them drown. If that's the sort of opinion you want to align yourself with then carry on.
I want them to drown?

Not at all. I questioned why you made out that they crossed the channel because they were in danger. Yet still no reply to this. You can be truthful against the government and also be honest about the rest if what is going on.

Look at some of the posts you constantly agree with. It tells the story. You are pro EU anti UK government. When was the last time you said anything that upset the pro EU lot? Because you can easily do that just being honest.

Astute

Maybe CCC wanted Spon End to go upmarket :smuggrin:

skybluetony176

It sounds like it’s because Spon End is the only place in the U.K. where illegal immigrants are entitled to free homes, new cars, TV’s etc all paid for by the taxpayer.

clint van damme

I want them to drown?

Not at all. I questioned why you made out that they crossed the channel because they were in danger. Yet still no reply to this. You can be truthful against the government and also be honest about the rest if what is going on.

Look at some of the posts you constantly agree with. It tells the story. You are pro EU anti UK government. When was the last time you said anything that upset the pro EU lot? Because you can easily do that just being honest.

I'm not pro EU, your making it up. Read the thread for proof.
I am anti the UK government. At least you got that right.
As for the "pro EU lot". I disagree with many of them on the issue of the second referendum. Again, if you paid attention to the thread you'd know that.
It doesn't upset them that I disagree with them though, what a strange thing to say.

martcov

You do preach about the EU.

Most of what you say isn't about how bad it could get but how good the EU is. It is about how much we need the EU. It is about anything anti UK and pro EU.

You are not pointing out facts. A lot of the time you make your own facts up.

More crap. What have I made up?

Astute

I'm not pro EU, your making it up. Read the thread for proof.
I am anti the UK government. At least you got that right.
As for the "pro EU lot". I disagree with many of them on the issue of the second referendum. Again, if you paid attention to the thread you'd know that.
It doesn't upset them that I disagree with them though, what a strange thing to say.
Because you never disagree with them. But you constantly agree with their posts. You never question what they say yet question anyone who could be seen as happy for Brexit to happen. You constantly question me and I don't want the fiasco to happen. And I have a go at the government more than you do.

clint van damme

Because you never disagree with them. But you constantly agree with their posts. You never question what they say yet question anyone who could be seen as happy for Brexit to happen. You constantly question me and I don't want the fiasco to happen. And I have a go at the government more than you do.

You have a go at the government, haha!
Now I know you're at it. Once in a blue moon may be.
And there are pages of posts where you and others are arguing about corruption. I've not joined in with that aspect of the thread once because I'm not interested.
I've pretty much stuck to the economic arguments and I've not seen any brexiteer on here make a salient argument for the economic benefits of leaving though I've asked numerous times.

clint van damme

If there was any chance of an honest and open debate then there wouldn't be any need. The problem has been for some time whether on this thread, the EU one, or any others...

In case you hadn't noticed it is a debate.
You seem to think if someone disagrees with you it's not a debate and that's why you've turned into to someone making snide remarks like the one you made.

Sky Blue Pete

And when they arrive the majority can't speak English. Especially when they are asked where they have come from.

Would you risk your life or learn a new language?
I can answer that one. The only language I would risk my life for is not a spoken language but a sacrificial language

martcov

But he wasn’t talking about Uk citizens living in the eu - take each country one by one and see what you conclude

No he was comparing mainland Europe as a destination with the UK. If you want another comparison try the number of illegal migrants landing in a month on mainland Europe with the 200 in the UK.

The implication that 200 illegals coming to the UK means that life in the EU must be bad, is pure crap.

And...One is a major crisis. One isn’t.

martcov

And I suppose the camps that kept springing up near Dover and all those who constantly make it here in lorries only comes to 20?

And those caught crossing the channel in only the last few weeks only comes to 20.

Where do get a figure of 20 from?

Grendel

No he was comparing mainland Europe as a destination with the UK. If you want another comparison try the number of illegal migrants landing in a month on mainland Europe with the 200 in the UK.

The implication that 200 illegals coming to the UK means that life in the EU must be bad, is pure crap.

And...One is a major crisis. One isn’t.

Aren’t there 650,000 illegal immigrants estimated in the UK?

martcov

Aren’t there 650,000 illegal immigrants estimated in the UK?

No idea, but the post was about the 200 dinghy ones. I think Germany had more migrants in total than 650000. which means that according to the logic on here, Germany alone is paradise in comparison to Brexit Britain.

martcov

I want them to drown?

He said he was against a second referendum. He justified his stance with a rational argument and didn’t insult anyone. I am for a second referendum, but still like some ofhis other posts as they are usually sensible, even if we disagree on other points.

Users who are viewing this thread