...increase in migrants across the Channel. (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You don't want children to drown Otis - You crazy left wing hippy bastard!
I do care who comes into the country, but don't have a problem with anyone who comes in and contributes to, and for the benefit of the country.

However, some comments on here are rather disturbing to say the least.

As has been stated, that is not taking any moral high ground and is merely highlighting very worrying trains of thought.

I don't agree with the comments about them drowning. Who actually does?

What concerns me more than a comment on an internet forum is the actual concept of the illegal immigrants trying to get into the country.

Do you have any comments on that?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

West end lad doesn’t even understand why he’s angry. He thinks that illegal immigrants get everything for free. Moral high ground has nothing to do with it. If someone gets angry because they lack the intellect to know the difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants the issue isn’t the people who understand the difference.

So why are the press calling these migrants then? They are clearly illegal immigrants.

Forget other people's comments. What is your view on what's going on?

clint van damme

What concerns me more than a comment on an internet forum is the actual concept of the illegal immigrants trying to get into the country.

Try reading the thread. I Think there are more important things to worry about than 30 migrants. As demonstrated by agreeing with Petes earlier post and my get to it.

Sky Blue Pete

Illegal immigration is what happens when the haves of this world turns their back on those who are seeking legal means to support in their hour of need. The Home Secretary spoke well this morning about the balance between compassion and stopping people at source. If only others would too. There are 68.5 million displaced persons currently seeking refuge. We can do more than we are. In Coventry there was uproar over a few hundred Syrians given a new chance picked from camps under a checklist of need or having been tortured etc. Some of their stories would make you weep earlsdon I assure you!!!

Now there will be people coming for a better life who are able to pay to travel and we should not allow them to do so in compassionate ways

The rhetoric immigration is wrong and immigrants are all taking the piss is the reason people can use terms like were used on this thread about allowing children to drown

Each of these people are human beings and have a story and a dream and needs. Some need to be met per international terms of agreement others do not but let’s do it fairly and compassionately and not dehumanise people who are a different race or colour or religion or none.

Please

Macca

Ok. Which is the primary issue?

As usual leftists hate to tackle this through being viewed as racist.

Shall we just open the borders?

In reality the borders are already open. Once you have got across you are in. Somewhere around half a million or more people live here without even having gone through due process. I guess it all depends on how you feel about that. Some people believe in a borderless world which as borders are artificial is a fair point. Others are nervous about people unknown with no criminal or medical checks coming into the country which seems reasonable as well.

clint van damme

In reality the borders are already open. Once you have got across you are in. Somewhere around half a million or more people live here without even having gone through due process. I guess it all depends on how you feel about that. Some people believe in a borderless world which as borders are artificial is a fair point. Others are nervous about people unknown with no criminal or medical checks coming into the country which seems reasonable as well.

I don't believe in a borderless world but I believe we should strive to create a world where people don't feel the need to risks their lives crossing oceans in a dinghy.

I'm also not naive so when 30 migrants in a dinghy is called a crisis I look at what stories the government and their media lackeys are trying to keep off the front pages.

hill83

I’m all for ‘concerns’ but blatant bullshit and lies will be called out. Follow it up with ‘leftie’ all you want. Lies are lies.

Illegal migrants shouldn’t be here. Illegal migrants don’t get tellys and handjobs.

Edit: by the way. I’m a leftie and proud and genuinely laugh at the fact that it is starting to become a slur.

Last edited:

Macca

Illegal migrants shouldn’t be here. Illegal migrants don’t get tellys and handjobs.

They do at my house

skybluetony176

So why are the press calling these migrants then? They are clearly illegal immigrants.

Forget other people's comments. What is your view on what's going on?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s because they’re migrating. Illegal immigrants are still migrants.

The issue is the net cause of the migration. Deal with that. If they’re desperate to get here because they’re fleeing a situation where their lives are in danger and they’re claiming asylum I don’t have an issue with it. If they’re coming here to stay under the radar and work illegally send them home as soon as they’re caught.

Macca

I don't believe in a borderless world but I believe we should strive to create a world where people don't feel the need to risks their lives crossing oceans in a dinghy.

I'm also not naive so when 30 migrants in a dinghy is called a crisis I look at what stories the government and their media lackeys are trying to keep off the front pages.

I agree wholeheartedly but I'm not sure that creating ghettos for the displaced of the world in an already declining nation is going to help.

Captain Dart

Jezza and Diane seem happy to import more.
Funny I thought France was safe enough?

Otis

Everyone's against it, surely.

Refugees is a different matter, but illegal immigrants, surely no-one supports ilillegal immigrants trying to get into the country.

Otis

Illegal immigration is what happens when the haves of this world turns their back on those who are seeking legal means to support in their hour of need. The Home Secretary spoke well this morning about the balance between compassion and stopping people at source. If only others would too. There are 68.5 million displaced persons currently seeking refuge. We can do more than we are. In Coventry there was uproar over a few hundred Syrians given a new chance picked from camps under a checklist of need or having been tortured etc. Some of their stories would make you weep earlsdon I assure you!!!

Now there will be people coming for a better life who are able to pay to travel and we should not allow them to do so in compassionate ways

The rhetoric immigration is wrong and immigrants are all taking the piss is the reason people can use terms like were used on this thread about allowing children to drown

Each of these people are human beings and have a story and a dream and needs. Some need to be met per international terms of agreement others do not but let’s do it fairly and compassionately and not dehumanise people who are a different race or colour or religion or none.

Please
Always makes me laugh when I think back to my time at the refugee centre.

At the time it was Kosovans that were the problem. The people of Coventry were moning about all the 'bloody Kosovans ' being over here and one guy even said he was mugged by a gang of Kosovans in Hillfields.

Do you know how many Kosovans there actually were in Coventry at the time?

Marty

Can I just ask what exactly are these desperate situations they're fleeing in mainland western europe?

As most of you are aware, it's not children making these crossings, it's mostly fighting age men.

clint van damme

Can I just ask what exactly are these desperate situations they're fleeing in mainland western europe?

As most of you are aware, it's not children making these crossings, it's mostly fighting age men.

You think Syria isn't a serious situation?
And where's your data about their ages?
And most Syrians are fleeing to Turkey despite what the press in this country say.

hill83

Nothing, and as mentioned before it’s a small percentage, the main aim of most of them isn’t getting here.​

Fighting age. I’m fighting age. And I’m not ashamed to admit I’d be off given the chance if we were getting smashed to bits by Russia for example. Obviously I’d bring my kids too. And many do. Seen the pictures of dead kids spunked over the daily heil?

But to repeat myself. People blagging it, illegal immigrants, sorry pal, it’s unfortunate you didn’t fall out of you mums puss in England but rules are rules.

Macca

Nothing, and as mentioned before it’s a small percentage, the main aim of most of them isn’t getting here.​

Fighting age. I’m fighting age. And I’m not ashamed to admit I’d be off given the chance if we were getting smashed to bits by Russia for example. Obviously I’d bring my kids too. And many do. Seen the pictures of dead kids spunked over the daily heil?

But to repeat myself. People blagging it, illegal immigrants, sorry pal, it’s unfortunate you didn’t fall out of you mums puss in England but rules are rules.

Your straight talking would be welcome in Parliament I'd vote for you! I'd love to change the place of birth box on forms to "where did you fall out of your Mum's puss"

martcov

Apparently it is not unusual to have people sneaking in on boats anyway. Nothing new. There have been more in past years, but, it is being made into a crisis although the numbers are insignificant.

Why? It seems to be a distraction.

Otis

Rather selfish you wanting to take your kids with you isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread