...increase in migrants across the Channel. (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

I’ve been reading up on illegal immigration in the UK and it’s obvious that if there is a crisis it isn’t people arriving by dingy and entering illegally, whether they have a genuine claim for asylum or not. The crisis is people arriving perfectly legally with a visa and then overstaying their visa. For instance 16% of Chinese who arrive on a tourist visa never leave within the terms of that visa. The numbers of illegal Chinese immigrants alone having entered the country legally is far far bigger than the people arriving by dingy. Why haven’t the government declared that a crisis?

Macca

I’ve been reading up on illegal immigration in the UK and it’s obvious that if there is a crisis it isn’t people arriving by dingy and entering illegally, whether they have a genuine claim for asylum or not. The crisis is people arriving perfectly legally with a visa and then overstaying their visa. For instance 16% of Chinese who arrive on a tourist visa never leave within the terms of that visa. The numbers of illegal Chinese immigrants alone having entered the country legally is far far bigger than the people arriving by dingy. Why haven’t the government declared that a crisis?

Probably thoroughly embarrassed by it

Marty

Do these 16% just over stay by a few weeks or do they just fade away into the system never to be seen again?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You don’t know why 200 people are leaving France for the UK. Most refugees/ economic migrants don’t leave the EU for the UK. The latest lot may have friends or relatives in the UK who have promised them a job. They maybe skilled and speak fluent English, but no French. Who knows? You being neutral use the 200 people, illegal migrants, leaving France/ the EU for the UK ( ignoring the 450 million citizens who don’t want to come to the UK ) as some sort of proof that Brexit Britain is a more desirable place to live.
Absolutely pure speculation. You make assumptions just to fit your argument. As for your comments about the 450 million who don't want to come to the UK it says absolutely nothing. As usual.

Sky Blue Pete

The other thing that makes me laugh is the amount of extra investment required to take control of the border. Like to see the Tory brexiteers vote for that increase in public spending

martcov

Absolutely pure speculation. You make assumptions just to fit your argument. As for your comments about the 450 million who don't want to come to the UK it says absolutely nothing. As usual.

Saying France is punishing us with 200 illegals is absolute crap. You have nothing of relevance to say. Most of the 450 Million think the UK is crazy.

Westendlad

Read earlier that if they're was a hard brexit ( sorry if this has been raised before) that the germans would be in deep shit with having to pay out billions......Did make me chuckle :)

Astute

Read earlier that if they're was a hard brexit ( sorry if this has been raised before) that the germans would be in deep shit with having to pay out billions......Did make me chuckle :)
It is a drop in the ocean to Germany.

It is the struggling countries that has Germany worried. They all owe Germany a lot if money. But Germany still has to sell to these countries in the EU to keep their economy going. But they sell goods to countries that can't afford to pay for them. But as their debts go up so do the chances of paying off the debts.

skybluetony176

Do these 16% just over stay by a few weeks or do they just fade away into the system never to be seen again?

Next time you get a Chinese takeaway or go to a Chinese restaurant you might meet one. Found loads of stories on various China towns being raided on a regular basis. Wasn’t there a big raid on a restaurant in Coventry a year or two back? The women often are forced into the sex trade or used as slave labour doing domestic work. Organised crime plays a big part in this from what I’ve read.

martcov

Depends where you read it. Hard Brexit will be a disaster for all of us including Germany. Nothing to be proud of. Read somewhere that Dover may have to wave vehicles through as they don’t have the infrastructure or staff to cope with a hard Brexit and the introduction of regulatory checks and tariffs. If so, then it’s happy days for illegals and people smuggling,

Grendel

Depends where you read it. Hard Brexit will be a disaster for all of us including Germany. Nothing to be proud of. Read somewhere that Dover may have to wave vehicles through as they don’t have the infrastructure or staff to cope with a hard Brexit and the introduction of regulatory checks and tariffs. If so, then it’s happy days for illegals and people smuggling,

Whenever I went through the tunnel they waved through anyway. I went back through passport control on Eurostar once and I never even showed my passport once

martcov

Whenever I went through the tunnel they waved through anyway. I went back through passport control on Eurostar once and I never even showed my passport once

They always look in the back of my car through the windows when taking the passports and sometimes take us to the side, made me open the back of the car, and checked door handles ( presumably for traces of explosives- but I am not sure of that ). If they wave the lorries through it makes it easier for the stowaways.

Grendel

They always look in the back of my car through the windows when taking the passports and sometimes take us to the side, made me open the back of the car, and checked door handles ( presumably for traces of explosives- but I am not sure of that ). If they wave the lorries through it makes it easier for the stowaways.

On the Eurostar? You take your car?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Saying France is punishing us with 200 illegals is absolute crap. You have nothing of relevance to say. Most of the 450 Million think the UK is crazy.
The opening statement I made on this thread was a bit tongue in cheek, but i think you lack a sense of humour. Neither did I mention any specific number of Illegals.
What 450 million people think about us leaving Europe is totally irrelevant. It's about illegal immigrants. You're obviously banging on about Brexit yet again.
You have nothing of any relevance say on this thread other than to bang on more and more about Germany and, predictably, the joys of remaining in Europe .

There is already an EU thread.
Start a thread about how great living in Greater Germany is.

Last edited:

martcov

Seriously? When was this?

So sorry to hear.

1991. those days the „enemy“ was westerners.. Wessis. I had modern clothes and the easterners were buying out of fashion clothes as the newly opened west stores in Rostock were punting out clothes that were out of date in the west. Old stock. Plus the skins and right wingers had met up and were sleeping on the beach nearby ( it was a very hot summer) . Their way of earning a living was mugging unsuspecting Wessis outside the only disco on the town. People living there knew about them and were a bit wiser. They used pepper spray and knuckle dusters ( 2 of them ). The only witness ran for it and after giving a statement to the police, she was threatened and moved away from Rostock. But, they were useless and I still retained 3000,00 mark after they had tried to rob me. I lay on the side with the money and pretended to be unconscious. The thought they had it off with my wallet with a couple of hundred marks in it.

martcov

The opening statement I made on this thread was a bit tongue in cheek, but i think you lack a sense of humour. Neither did I mention any specific number of Illegals.
What 450 million people think about us leaving Europe is totally irrelevant. It's about illegal immigrants. You're obviously banging on about Brexit yet again.
You have nothing of any relevance say on this thread other than to bang on more and more about Germany and, predictably, the joys of remaining in Europe .

There is already an EU thread.
Start a thread about how great living in Greater Germany is.

You were banging on about the UK being punished for leaving by an EU country. You now claim it was tongue in cheek. But it is obvious that you use every occasion to slag the off the EU, even using Iranian Kurds to have a go.

The next poster, who is just as bad, claimed they were risking their lives to get to Brexit Britain because things must me bad in mainland Europe ( EU as they were coming from France ). No doubt he will also claim to have been „tongue in cheek“.

You may be happy to think that it is irrelevant that most of 450 million EU citizens think you are crazy, but I would be embarrassed. You probably are a bit as you are now claiming „tongue in cheek“ as an excuse.

I am not lonely.

clint van damme

1991. those days the „enemy“ was westerners.. Wessis. I had modern clothes and the easterners were buying out of fashion clothes as the newly opened west stores in Rostock were punting out clothes that were out of date in the west. Old stock. Plus the skins and right wingers had met up and were sleeping on the beach nearby ( it was a very hot summer) . Their way of earning a living was mugging unsuspecting Wessis outside the only disco on the town. People living there knew about them and were a bit wiser. They used pepper spray and knuckle dusters ( 2 of them ). The only witness ran for it and after giving a statement to the police, she was threatened and moved away from Rostock. But, they were useless and I still retained 3000,00 mark after they had tried to rob me. I lay on the side with the money and pretended to be unconscious. The thought they had it off with my wallet with a couple of hundred marks in it.

Sounds like a horrible experience Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread